Paparazzo Chasing Justin Bieber's Car Struck & Killed By Oncoming Car

Paparazzo Chasing Justin Bieber's Car Struck & Killed By Oncoming Car

A paparazzo was struck and killed by a car while attempting to take pictures of Justin Bieber‘s Ferrari, according to TMZ.

The 18-year-old singer’s car was pulled over near the Getty Center in Los Angeles for routine traffic stop on Sepulveda Blvd when a paparazzo who had been chasing the car got out of his/her vehicle to snap pics.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Justin Bieber

Police told the photog to move back as the situation was unsafe and soon after the photog was struck by an oncoming car and killed.

“While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim,” Justin said in a statement.

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

wowwza that’s nuts… they need to be careful… its become crazy

wow that’s crazy!!! hope this teaches a lesson to other papparrazi

That photo was not worth dying for!

JustinCrowe @ 01/01/2013 at 11:36 pm

Love my job, since I’ve been bringing in $5600… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I’m making it online(Click on menu Home)

First Princess Diana and now this? The paparazzi is out of control. No one’s life is worth a stupid picture.

Pernilla C @ 01/01/2013 at 11:39 pm

I hope it was one of those X17 douchebags Sandro Rodriguez or Felipe Teixiera. They’re always reckless and chasing the Biebs

Princess Paparazzi? @ 01/01/2013 at 11:51 pm

@Vanessa: You’re a little off the mark …. it wasn’t Justin that died, so the comparison of the photographer to Diana is a exaggerated; although,the idea that the photographers need to stop hounding him is true enough.

At least it wasn’t the subject of the photos who died this time.

@Princess Paparazzi?: Wow, and all this time I thought that a human life is a human life, and that even when a non-celebrity dies, that is a tragic event. It wasn’t Justin Bieber who was killed, so in the world according to Princess Paparazzi, it’s all good, right?

They need to make laws about paps following people while driving.

This guy put his own life in danger. If he wasn’t stalking Justin Bieber, he’d be alive.

African Girl @ 01/02/2013 at 12:05 am

This is just so sad in its ridiculousness.

There is a God !!!

Now, how about direct lightning strikes for the remainder?

Journalistic @ 01/02/2013 at 12:05 am

The comments on here are kind of gross. The man was just trying to make a living. Paparazzi ≠ bad people.

@Princess Paparazzi?: I think what Vanessa was trying to say was that there have been at least two incidents where people were killed because the paparazzi were giving chase. In the first incident, Princess Diana, Dodi Fayed, and Henri Paul were killed after the paps chased them into the tunnel. In this second incident, the photographer was killed trying to chase down Justin Bieber. I thought her comment was clear enough, and I think most posters would agree, but I am happy to clear things up for you. You’re welcome. ;)

President Obama @ 01/02/2013 at 12:09 am

I am President Obama and this is a outrage! he should have left that little school girl alone!

@Tim Gunn: Now that’s just wrong.

Not only did he die trying to take a picture of Bieber, he wasn’t even in the car so he died trying to get a picture of a random person…brutal.

Very sad. Nobody should die in this way. The poor family of this young man.

@Journalistic: I agree. I do believe the paparazzi take their efforts too far sometimes to capture their photos, but the hate against them is really misunderstood. Most people act like the paparazzi do this for fun (hence so many people call them stalkers) when stalkers are people who do this out of some insane obsession. These paparazzi are just doing their job like any cashier working at the supermarket or any one of you reading this, they get paid. When you’re desperate for a job you”ll take whatever job you can get. I feel kind of bad that this guy got killed just to try to put food on his table everyday.

It’s tragic about the photographer, but I also feel very sorry for the driver who hit him. The officer told the photographer to move away from an unsafe situation, and the photographer apparently didn’t listen. Now the driver has to live with this for the rest of his/her life, and there’s a very strong possibility it was not his/her fault. Sad all around.

Princess Paparazzi? @ 01/02/2013 at 1:05 am

@Hmmm: Perhaps you need to go back and re-read the comment. Nowhere did I say that the photographer’s life was not valuable. I did say, my illiterate little friend, that the comparison is not accurate. Read and analyze before you type.

Princess Paparazzi? @ 01/02/2013 at 1:07 am

@Rick: I’m aware of what she was saying. The logic and comparison were flawed. ;)

From watching programmes about the paparazzi it seems theres huge money to be made at this game and the more exclusive the picture the more money they earn so some of the more ambitious ones go to extreme lengths to get what they want. This picture however was not one of them in my opinion. Very sad thing to happen to anyone.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All