Katie Holmes Heads Home from Cape Town for Thanksgiving!

Katie Holmes Heads Home from Cape Town for Thanksgiving!

Katie Holmes wears a denim shirt while heading into the airport to catch a flight out of town on Tuesday (November 26) in Cape Town, South Africa.

The 34-year-old actress appears to be heading back home to the United States to celebrate Thanksgiving with her family. She had been in town to film some additional scenes for her upcoming movie The Giver.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Katie Holmes

Last week, Katie was seen wearing a blue polka dotted top and a black cape while on the set of the movie.

FYI: Katie is wearing Koral jeans and the Wyatt Harness Short Boots in Black by The Frye Company.

10+ pictures inside of Katie Holmes at the airport and on set…

katie holmes heads home from cape town for thanksgiving 01
katie holmes heads home from cape town for thanksgiving 02
katie holmes heads home from cape town for thanksgiving 03
katie holmes heads home from cape town for thanksgiving 04
katie holmes heads home from cape town for thanksgiving 05
katie holmes heads home from cape town for thanksgiving 06
katie holmes heads home from cape town for thanksgiving 07
katie holmes heads home from cape town for thanksgiving 08
katie holmes heads home from cape town for thanksgiving 09
katie holmes heads home from cape town for thanksgiving 10

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Just a Comment @ 11/26/2013 at 11:59 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Just a Comment @ 11/27/2013 at 12:00 am

I think its a 17 hour flight from South Africa to New York. That’s a LOOOONG flight. She’ll be tired on Thanksgiving Day.

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys. Enjoy!

Wonder if Katie has finished filming, saw a pic of her mother taking or picking Suri up from school, so looks like grandma looked after her.

@annie:

I have not seen this picture of Suri with her grandmother. It is more than obvious that Tom and family no longer has contact with Suri. And I do not buy Scientology. Katie banned. Why? Maybe revenge, not like what he saw during the marriage or fear of losing Suri for the life of luxury that the Tom can offer. Let’s see if she or someone close to your family will be called to testify in action. Tom’s sister was. He regrets the day that the church adopted this “marriage.” As a mother I understand it. I feel sorry for Suri who did not ask to be born in this arrangement. Kiss

Sincerely concerned @ 11/27/2013 at 8:10 pm

She is the quintessential martyr

Sincerely concerned @ 11/27/2013 at 8:36 pm

@Just a Comment: oh boo hoo. She can sleep on the plane.

Ya, tough life earning millions and flying first class: particularly for one who has no education and no discernible skills. I seriously doubt she could ban Cruise from seeing Suri even if she wanted to. Like him or not, he is worth half a billion. If he chose to, he has enough money to keep her in court long enough to incapacitate her … just because he could.

@Sincerely concerned:

Exactly! And I doubt shes flying coach. Probably first class. With a wide comfy seat, and a soft pillow. She will be ok.

Ruby, Ruby, you know very well she had a very good education, and high marks, and was accepted into Columbia University, but chose DC instead, why do you need to lie, to bring her down?

Bad Intentions @ 11/28/2013 at 12:43 am

The way I see it Katie is the con.

Tom dumped Nicole for this one. Katie played her cards to fool Tom into a marriage only to dump Tom. Now Katie believes her real life “acting” is opening doors to her big screen career. Look who’s fooling who.

@Annie, high school is not a “good education” and being accepted into a university means nothing if you don’t go! My point was that Holmes has no education other than high school — never studied in a university, never studied acting, never studied fashion design. Having good marks in high school counts for ZIP if you never use them.

@annie: @rubyz:

RUGYZ, IF TOM WAS NOT FOR BIOLOGICAL FATHER OF SURI?
ANNIE, I READ THAT TOM IS DATING LAURA PREPON. I NEVER HEAR HER TALK. NOT PRETTY I thought HALF masculinized. 4th WIFE? NO MORE SHOPPING.

@ rubyz
It could be a matter of trust for Katie, remember her father , and brother are lawyers, and she seems to have become friends with her divorce lawyer.
Can’t believe they would not advise her, on how far she can go, or not.
And you say Tom could take her to court forever, he’s got so much money, but at the same time, if she put pen to paper, about her 7yrs with Tom and Scie, that will keep her going for a few years in the courts.
Remember she’s seen a lot, heard a lot, and remember Ruby, that a lot of pillow talk takes place.

@ anne
I think his rep said it wasn’t true!

Holmes won’t be writing a tell-all, Annie. Not now, and not ever. You think she got custody of Suri just because Daddy is a lawyer? NOT. She has been GAGGED, securely. What do you think the consequences of a tell-all might be?

@ Ruby
Well, then both Tom and Katie will have to tow the line, so there won’t be any consequenses from a tell all. Maybe she is gagged , but you know what they say, all is fair in love and war
It’s just that you said that he can take her to court, and incapaciate her for a long time, if he wanted to, because he’s got the money.
I’m sure she won’t say anything, and as for his part, well apparently he does have generous visitation, whenever they happen to be.
You see the mystery here for me is that , he does have tons of money, he apperently has the best legals, altho not sure about that, but anyway, he is Tom Cruise after all.
What does Katie know, because she knows something, and I don’t believe for a second that Suri is not his. Risky Business was on tv the other night, she’s looking more and more like him the older she gets.
Maybe it’s not that she doesn’t want Suri having too much contact , with her father, maybe she’s scared.
For somebody so fanatical like Tom is, his whole family being scientoligists all except for his youngest child, don’t you think that would bother him, or maybe not!
Connor tweets pics of himself, Bella, and his father, everyone else is out, don’t expect Katie to be in, by a long shot, but why not his little sister, she’s still his little sister, for whatever reason. Says a lot to me, and says a lot about him.
Doesn’t come across as a wonderful family to be involved in, all their actions are weird.

@ Annie, well, we can certainly agree that a) Suri is Cruise’s child; b) that she looks ever more like him as she grows older; and c) both Cruise and Holmes are weird. My problem with Holmes is that she turned out to be NOTHING like she presented herself: sweet, doe-eyed, girl-next-door. She is a complete phoney. I’m not a Cruise fan, but at least he has never pretended to be other than a fanatical Scientologist.

Well Rubyz this has certainly been interesting!
Can I ask you a question, and can you try to put aside ”don’t like her” or ”phoney,” just for a second.
How would you react, if you were told on a regular basis, that the religion or faith that you entered into because you wanted to share in something that was important to your husband….you found out that you unknowingly auditioned, you were on a list of wife contenders. Now, whether this is 100% true or not, or only 50% true, or whatever, do you seriously think that a certain disenchantment with everything wasn’t going to happen sooner or later. How would you view, everybody in Scie, the very people, that supposedly set you up .
That Naz girl apparently became very upset , when she found out that she was chosen as his girlfriend.
Scientology might view it differently, but I think it’s deceitful, unless someone asks you , let’s make a deal, which I doubt happened anyway.
Once seeds are planted, you know as well as I do they grow.
This relationship was doomed in every possible way from the beginning.
You seem , to think that Tom gets a pass because he never pretended to be anything but a fanatical Scie.

Annie, it has been an interesting discussion. Respectful exchange does not happen often on internet message boards, so I appreciate you for that.

How would I feel about a fanatic religion? I would run as fast as I could in the other direction. I do not know that Cruise attempted to deceive Holmes regarding Scientology, but he may very well have; in which case, shame on him. For her part, she went headlong into a marriage DESPITE the caution and concern of family and friends. I don’t think this had anything to do with “poor young Katie was so in love with her childhood movie poster.” Remember she was after something too … fame (NOT the DC variety, which was dead) and a high profile HW career. Personally, I think they used each other: he needed to rejuvenate his image with a young wife and a new child; she was chasing fame (she still is).

We will probably never know the full story or even half of it. Tom has all of his employees locked into mega confidentiality agreements as he has his ex-wives locked into ironclad divorce/confidentiality agreements. Kidman is constantly asked about their marriage and she hasn’t cracked yet and given out any salacious tidbits–just says the same thing over and over. Personally I think she does it to annoy him and he can’t do anything about it without causing more negative ripples towards himself. Suing this rag was probably one of the stupidest decisions he ever made. His life is cracking wide open. According to high ranking cult defectors, Tom’s house staff are all cult members for the most part and they report back on everything that goes on. I’m sure Katie thought she knew what Xenu was, but I don’t think the reality hit until she was actually married and had Suri. I also think she loved him. If you utilize the search feature of JJ and put in Katie Holmes (or click on her face) you can see the progression of any and all happiness being sucked out of her. I’m sure she had something on Tom that caused the divorce to go thru so quickly. He blindsided Nicole and I think it was all she could do to keep her head above it all as she tried to stay one step in front of him and the cult. Katie isn’t that good of an actress and if you look at the progression of the pics you can see she was ecstatic in the first year or so and then during year 2-3 her joy fades. By 4-5 she no longer is able to pretend on any level that she is happy and when she tries she looks like she swallowed a lemon.
My fondest hope is that someday this cult is cracked wide open and shown for what it is.

@ rubyz & danni
I don’t think that fame is the right word, I think that she wants to be successful in her chosen field. Whether or not she used the education, she got or not, she got the marks, and the entrance to uni, but she chose otherwise, something else came up that she wanted to do, as happens to many people.
Maybe, Katie can’t talk about a lot of things, publicly, but her friends like Nina Garcia can.
She left because she was no longer happy , in all areas of her life, it seems.
when her friend says that she finally found the courage as a woman and a mother, to leave that was it, she left.
Sometimes, I try to be easy on Tom, to give him the benefit of the doubt, which I have done on many occasions, but when he gets all defensive about his precious Scie, you realise that maybe there would be no avenue open for compromise.
Maybe she wanted more for Suri, and saw that that was never going to happen.
I also believe that she really didn’t know the full extent of what she was getting into at the beginning, and probably thought , , ok I’ll deal with it as it comes, but it wasn’t that easy I think.
And all the luxury in world and all the money and perks that go with being Mrs Cruise wasn’t enough, for her.
I think there comes a time in someones life when maybe faced with an important decision, they have to ask themselves, is it worth it, for Katie obviously not, as for Tom I think everyone knows what the most important thing is ,in his life.
I think she loved him, and probably stayed longer , because although she did look unhappy , many times, there were times she looked very happy with him.
I read the transcript of that phone call between him and Nicole, and altho she sounded high maintenance, I didn’t like the way he kept on saying you are supposed to make me happy. All these things, you can actually piece together, a type of character profile , so to speak, even in a small way.
Anyhow it is nice to have a discussion with the both of you, even if you are not KH fans, even tho I don’t agree with what you say, a lot of the time. Cheers!
It is nice to put across differing view points in a good way.

Daretobesincerelyconcerned @ 12/02/2013 at 8:33 am

Anne said something about how Katie seems like a vengeful person sometime ago. I agree. Katie would be smart to play a character emphasizing that. As long as she pretends to be this doey eyed girl next door, she is going to flop. .I.e Jackie Kennedy. She needs a dark, sinister character like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction or the blond in The Hand that Rocks the Cradle. Until then, I have no respect for her. She’s going to play the main character’s mom?!?!? Unless she is dark and twisted; you know some form of Mommy Dearest, she is going to fall flat:)

Daretobesincerelyconcerned @ 12/02/2013 at 8:43 am

@annie: it is clear that you either work for Holmes or have a real girl crush going on. NOONE is that great. If she were 1/2 the person she pretends to be she would live with it. Just like Jackie in The Kennedies! Tom needed “a wife” and she fit the mold. Call it “auditioning” to make it sinister so she can remain bitter… That’s your prerogative but have these posters are not so ignorant.

Daretobesincerelyconcerned @ 12/02/2013 at 10:24 am

Correction; 1/2 these posters r not ignorant

@daretobehonestandsincerelyconcerned
There are days when I have a little spare time however today is not exactly one of them, so I’ll keep it short.

1. I live on the other side of the world.
2. Have followed her since DC
3. I try to always provide some facts to what I write. There is no point in making up things good or otherwise when there is plenty of evidence around to prove or disprove something!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All