Katie Holmes Channels Belle in Yellow Dress at Met Ball 2014

Katie Holmes Channels Belle in Yellow Dress at Met Ball 2014

Katie Holmes looks like she just came out of the storybook while walking the red carpet at the 2014 Met Gala held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Monday (May 5) in New York City.

The 35-year-old actress was channeling Belle from Beauty in the Beast in that yellow dress!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Katie Holmes

This year’s Costume Institute Gala Benefit – celebrating the opening of the Charles James: Beyond Fashion exhibition – is co-chaired by Bradley Cooper, Sarah Jessica Parker, Vogue editor Anna Wintour, and others.

FYI: Katie is wearing a Marchesa dress and Harry Winston earrings and ring.

katie holmes met ball 2014 01
katie holmes met ball 2014 02
katie holmes met ball 2014 03
katie holmes met ball 2014 04

• How many glasses of wine can Gerard Depardieu drink a day?- US Weekly
  • Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All
OMGGGGGG!! @ 05/05/2014 at 8:06 pm

Why does she make it sooo easy for her critics?
Unkept hair AGAIN.
Bad posture AGAIN
the dress? where do we begin.Does not flatter her and makes her waist look big
and it does nothing for her boobs
saying something nice? I do like yellow
Oh Katie, pls fire suri

Milk maid is fashion too!

Who hates Katie.. because only someone that hates her would give her this dress or let her go out wearing this UGLY dress.

Not a fan @ 05/05/2014 at 8:07 pm

Oh yes, I was totally right earlier with my Gone with the Wind comment. Those dresses just keep showing up. Floral and poufy.

Oh my….who told her this is a good look?

She really lacks delivery so it makes it even worse. It’s like her body language is saying “I know, I know”.
Something about the dress looks unfinished.

K-FLOP - 0_0 @ 05/05/2014 at 8:10 pm

Why?

Doesn’t quite fit the theme: http://senatus.net/event/charles-james-beyond-fashion/

“His fascination with complex cut and seaming led to the creation of key design elements that he updated throughout his career: wrap-over trousers, figure-eight skirts, body-hugging sheaths, ribbon capes and dresses, spiral-cut garments, ad poufs. These, along with his iconic ball gowns from the late 1940s and early 1950s — the “Four-Leaf Clover,” “Butterfly,” “Tree,” “Swan,” and “Diamond” — will be showcased in the exhibition.”

More like failed Scarlett O’hara dipped in butter

Tara! Home. I’ll go home. And I’ll think of some way to get him back. After all… tomorrow is another day.

really bad interpretation of belle’s dress lol

taco wrapper

The big bird jokes are going to write themselves.
No one warned her of that?
Suze is right. Someone hates Katie and it’s someone in her inner circle.
Katie “The calling in coming from in the house”.

Correction” The call is coming from in the house”.

I think the dress has to do with the party theme. Last year she dressed better. Disaster was the Age TomKat she wore a red and blue shoe …. She and Tom looked like two plastic dolls. Artificial. David and Victoria are at the party Beckram. I hope Katie put the gossip in the day. They were such good friends. Post divorce I never saw pictures of them together, with only Tom in a basketball game. I think friendships during marriage were with Tom
Poor Katie. So alone. Make new friends.

the rotten banana she is wearing is starting to peel.

gravitas:
something Katie lacks.
That is the biggest issue(well and the dress is ugly). Some of those others dresses are horrid as well but some stars are able to carry it off.

well what can i see?
I see beautiful shoulders, lovely curly unruly hair, a beautiful face, and skin all round look that is different from anyone else in there, she doesn’t seem to take herself too seriously. for what the event is supposed to be, i like it, probably what she’s going to be wearing in the Traitors Wife.

aquarius64 @ 05/05/2014 at 8:33 pm

I just can’t here. NOOOO….

Oh.My.God. Puh-lease GIVE IT UP, Holmes!

K-FLOP - Beauty and the Beast @ 05/05/2014 at 8:44 pm

Some Marchesa fans not happy – http://instagram.com/p/nom3TOhSlz/

“todo me sale mal”

Some think she looks like Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

With her hair style they may be on to something, but a Tim Burton version of Belle.

K-FLOP - Beauty and the Beast @ 05/05/2014 at 8:45 pm

correction – “todo mal osea todo”

Katie is having fun. And we here at JJ talking about her. Poor losers.
K-Flop having a life.
Tom Cruise is the party?

@annie:

“probably what she’s going to be wearing in the Traitors Wife.
and compared to others, most of what has come up she looks gorgeous, playful and fun, not stiff and pretending she looks” fierce”‘.”

Friend, I do not understand what you mean. Can you be more clear?

I cannot figure this out, I like Katie a lot but can’t she see this is awful before she walks out the door. Katie is beautiful but it is like she is trying not to be.

K-FLOP - Marchesa's Fall 2014 @ 05/05/2014 at 8:58 pm

Georgina, in the 4th pic, is looking like “What can i do? My hands are tied.”

The same gown modeled at NYFW – Marchesa’s Fall 2014

The gown doesn’t look totally awful on the model, who has better posture, makeup, earrings and went with a bun.

But either way mustard color is hard to pull off and any attempts should be left to the pros.

K-FLOP - Life's a Party @ 05/05/2014 at 9:01 pm

@anne:

Trust Anne, I am having fun. Life in general is sweet.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All