Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Gerard Butler Says He Lives His Life Like a Viking

Gerard Butler Says He Lives His Life Like a Viking

Gerard Butler steps out of his hotel in the East Village neighborhood and hops into a cab on Tuesday (June 17) in New York City.

The 44-year-old actor recently chatted with the Herald Sun about how he relates to the animated character he plays in How to Train Your Dragon 2, in theaters now.

“I see a lot of me in Stoick the Vast. He’s a large character and I am a big gregarious fellow myself sometimes, so there’s that big crazy Viking with him which is that big crazy Scotsman in me,” he said.

“I often feel that one of the reasons I play those characters is because deep down I have an understanding, mythically, of what it is to try and be noble, to be courageous, to try and live like a Knights Templar or a Viking,” Gerry added. “And that part of me, which is not the part that interviewers get to see, but which is a big part of my life, I also can bring to that character.”

gerard butler lives his life like a viking 01
gerard butler lives his life like a viking 02
gerard butler lives his life like a viking 03
gerard butler lives his life like a viking 04
gerard butler lives his life like a viking 05

• Mandy Moore has a zoo of pets at her home- US Weekly
  • NBA player Paul George suffers horrific leg injury during a game- TMZ
  • Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy have split after five years- Gossip Cop
  • Watch Ella Henderson sing her latest single 'Ghost'- Just Jared Jr
  • Peter MacNicol will be a series regular on CSI: Cyber- Entertainment Weekly
  • Kelly Ripa rocks a really short pair of spandex shorts for a workout- Huffington Post
  • Oscar Isaac will star in the upcoming film Show Me A Hero- Lainey Gossip
  • James Lafferty will star in Waffle Street- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Karina Jelinek and Paz Cornu shows off their bikini bodies on the beach- Hollywood Tuna

2,789 Comments

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7112 » Show All
Prancing Pony @ 06/18/2014 at 5:22 pm

Gee JJ, clutching at straws for a story angle….

Sexythang @ 06/18/2014 at 5:39 pm

Yet another brunette! Oh. Oh wait, that’s just a girl walking by.

He has some high self esteem for sure. lol…..

ONE MORE TIME @ 06/18/2014 at 5:56 pm

GERARD BUTLER IS SCOTTISH. HE COMES FROM SCOTLAND. HE IS NOT ENGLISH. HE DOES NOT COME FROM ENGLAND. SCOTLAND IS A COUNTRY, ENGLAND IS A COUNTRY, BOTH BELONG TO THE UNITED KINGDOM [not for long].
NO ONE IN SCOTLAND WOULD WANT ENGLAND TO WIN !!!!!!!! EVER!!
IS THAT CLEAR???????????????

Sexythang @ 06/18/2014 at 6:31 pm

@ONE MORE TIME:

We all know he’s from Scotland. Why are you yelling?

******* Alert: Grow up.

Sexythang @ 06/18/2014 at 6:32 pm

Yeah just because you say so. HumorlessTwat. Get over yourself.

Looks like it’s turned into Bannockburn all over again. Soccer brings sure does bring out the best in Europeans…lol

Excuse the double “Brings”… I get too excited at posting.

*goes to the corner and sits in self loathing

JJ or his camp is really reaching now. Stupidest GB thread evah. If he really said this, it’s time for him to find another way to talk about the movie. Of all his silly comments, this is one of the silliest.

ONE MORE TIME @ 06/18/2014 at 7:30 pm

Why am I screaming? U seem to have missed the point entirely.
Bull sh*t
GFW: “Really hope Gerry did not fly to Brazil for the World Cup”
Why not? He should go to support England team, he is Englkish after all.
Aunty Sam
Embla: “In Brazil??”

Why not? he’ll be there to watch his country play tomorrow like a good Englishman.

actually
Aunty Sam:
his “country” never made it to the world cup. but he may watch the english play.

That’s why

Sexythang @ 06/18/2014 at 8:27 pm

@Dumb:

He said this in an interview with Craig and it was purely joking. He obviously lives life like an actor, jetting around and having it easy.

Vikings were conquerors. He reminds me of a lot of things but not a conqueror and young girls at the bar don’t count.

My day is always brighter when I see Gerry:)

Prancing Pony @ 06/18/2014 at 8:56 pm

@ONE MORE TIME: “If England and Germany played football together, he would not want England to win.”
Very true.

@Sexythang:
“…and young girls at the bar don’t count.
;-)

Can'tGetEnough @ 06/18/2014 at 11:30 pm

Slightly creeped out by the huge @GerardButler picture above my bed in this Edin hotel! Loving the Scotland themed room though. https://twitter.com/EilishMccolgan

Can'tGetEnough @ 06/18/2014 at 11:40 pm

Wait I saw Gerard Butler at Chelsea piers today https://twitter.com/Megmaxson

Hi Prancer. Having a bit of a problem with the beast so couldn’t find the video I was looking for. It was gerry and craig HTTYD 2 video. Only saw it once and cannot find it now. Gerry was talking about being a bartender and leaping over the bar to put out a fire of two English fellows that carried little English flags into the pub to watch a football game. Somebody used their lighter to set them on fire. It was a perfect example.
—–
Anyway whilst searching, came on this one. Was only able to see it once so just copied the link and hope it is the right one. Gerry talking about Amy and her crying over kangaroo tails that were roasted in Australia and crying over HTTYD 2. Never heard him talking about her before or in such tender terms. Plus he sings in this video….if I got it right. If I did, hopefully one of you gals will say so and you can view it.
Wish fromoz would chime in about the tails unless you know Prancer.
Anyway gals, here’s the video…I hope.
—-

@Can’tGetEnough: Ahh caught you CGE. Maybe you know of the video I was speaking of. You probably posted it. lol
Hope you can view the the video I did post. BTW, thanks for everything you to do.

Anastasia Beaverhausen @ 06/18/2014 at 11:54 pm

Well the Norse Seafarers have a bad reputation mainly due to the fact that they could not read or write, so most of what has been written about the “Vikings” was written by monks and/or people of the Christian Church. (Not that Christians are bad in any way). It had to do with the their paganism, and the quickness of their attacks and how they took everything they could grab on to their boats/ships…..then took off as quickly as they could.

“Vikings” were also fun, loved sports and entertainment, so I get what he is saying.

In reality, the “Vikings” were no worse than most in that era/time.

Anastasia Beaverhausen @ 06/19/2014 at 12:21 am

Okay I hope his sister gives him a kick in the rear. She loves animals Gerard B jeez. I have a dog and a cat, both are fantastic. If I lived on a farm/ranch I would have all sorts of animals….but someone to watch over them so I could go to the city at times. :-)

I haven’t seen either “how to train your dragon” movies, I will watch both when I can. I love Craig Ferguson! He seems really fun.

Prancing Pony @ 06/19/2014 at 12:22 am

@Ducky: Oh yeah – I saw that clip and thought it was both naughty of GB and funny. It must be mandatory for Amy to have a good sense of humour/humor :) to be around GB as much as she is. She probably needs the patience of a saint too! TBH, kangaroo tail doesn’t sound very appealing to me…I’ve eaten kangaroo once before but it was more like a filet mignon of kangaroo.

I’m not surprised about the flag incident…I’m sure it was in the name of friendly sporting rivalry. ;-)

Nice to see you here, Ducky. :) Have you been watching the Football W.C.?

Anastasia Beaverhausen @ 06/19/2014 at 12:26 am

Whoops I meant his assistant, not sister.

Anastasia Beaverhausen @ 06/19/2014 at 12:34 am

OMG Kit Harington. ❤️ Sorry watching that video as I can.

Anastasia Beaverhausen @ 06/19/2014 at 12:55 am

Final decision, I adore them all. I usually don’t watch the clips/links, but glad I did this time around. I especially love Djimon Hounsou, he’s amazing.

That has got to be one of the most arrogant things I have ever heard Gerard say. Disappointed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7112 » Show All