Angelina Jolie - "Newsweek" Interview

Angelina Jolie -

Angelina Jolie opens up to Newsweek about her experience filming A Mighty Heart in India.

On her bodyguards calling “bloody Indians” and “bloody Muslims” at a Muslim school: “People advised me that this movie was politically dangerous. I thought maybe I shouldn’t touch this. Maybe it would do more harm than good.”

On going from being the most famous star in India to its most famous racist: “We’ve become so eager to accuse people of being racist, but I would rather they make up almost any other story—about me sleeping with someone, anything—but that. It’s not only a crazy accusation, but it’s the most insulting thing you could say about me, that I would employ someone who would be disrespectful to someone’s race or would harm a child. They take care of my kids.”

On the situation having gone too far: “People can just hate back and forth, and I understand my own country’s irresponsibility with our foreign policy sometimes, but can’t we please try to be open-minded, and see that there are some of us who are trying?”

On traveling being her saving grace: “Yeah, I did have my wild times. [laughs] When I was famous for being just an actress, my life felt very shallow. You’ve done nothing of any social relevance, and yet you have all these people interviewing you. You don’t even know what you’re talking about. You’re just trying to find yourself. [pauses] Traveling really did save me. I was just … happier. It was feeling that I was doing the right things with my life.”

On having more children: “We want to have as big a family as we can. Our only restriction is making sure we have time for everybody, and we’re finding that we have the ability to do that.” (Brad Pitt adds: “Yeaaahhh, we do things in extremes. But I’ve always embraced big changes, and this feels very natural. It’s just the most fun I’ve ever had.”)

On what matters to her the most: “People can question your choices, accuse you of things, but your real work and your integrity will [win] out. All that matters is if I build a strong family, if I’m able to do my advocacy work and if my children are happy.”

Read the full Angelina Jolie interview with Newsweek here.

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

1,164 Comments

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 747 » Show All
angelinammm @ 06/18/2007 at 3:46 pm

17th!

luvangie4ever @ 06/18/2007 at 3:48 pm

Great interview and nice picture to go along with it. She’a fabulous!!!

FIRST *******, HAHAHA!!!

OH SUCKS, better luck next time!!

angelinammm @ 06/18/2007 at 3:50 pm

and big change it was
from childless marriage to 4 kids unwedd

Where is Sam and all his names?ahahhahah

go angie

angelinammm @ 06/18/2007 at 3:50 pm

” 2 mexx | 06/18/2007 at 3:47 pm

hi! #1

nyanya

;)

Even after six years, Jolie is suspected of being a dilettante, a “celebrity tourist” to global crises. It’s a charge that irritates those closest to her. “What would she have to do to prove that she’s sincere?” says Pitt’s producing partner, Dede Gardner. “Should she give more money? More time? It’s a black-hole debate. When people judge anyone’s sincerity, I just think, ‘Oh, yeah? What are you doing?’ ”

—-

WELL said. Couldn’t agree more.

jolierocks @ 06/18/2007 at 3:51 pm

WOW ANGELINA!!!

jolierocks @ 06/18/2007 at 3:52 pm

GREAT PICTURES….MANY ENDLESS THANKS JJ :)

I’m glad he was there, and added one of the best quotes to that interview, at least people will know from his own mouth that he agrees with having those children rather quickly, and that Angie is not forcing him to do anything he doesn’t want to do!!!!

Thank you JJ. Really good article.

A Mighty Heast opens June 22.

jolierocks @ 06/18/2007 at 3:54 pm

ANGIE IS REALLY WORKING HER WAY TO PLANT THE SEEDS TO EXIST HER “HOLLYWOOD LIFE” TO BE THE HUMANITARIAN SHE STRIVES TO BE…GO ANGIE GO!! :D

sorry, i meant not forcing him to do anything period!!!

I meant A Mighty Heart LOL!!!!!

i hope the trolls aren’t going to spoil this. I guess is just wishing thinking.

Thanks Jared.

I enjoyed reading the Newsweek Article.

Rock on Angie!!!!

cool. More real news. This is what I’m talking about. This interview is good stuff.
Excusively from Newsweek and not from some rag.

Great interview.

Could someone please elaborate for me if this membership is lifelong or do they randomly pick every year? I just would like to know what Angie’s chances are of winning a nomination to say the least. ( not that it matters)

Thank you JJ for keeping us up to date!!! Great interview.

Thanks Jared. Can’t wait to get my copy in the mail.

piper, with a low @ 06/18/2007 at 4:03 pm

It just boggles the mind that people can’t accept that a man would want a bunch of kids. Or maybe, it’s a head-scratcher to think of any man allowing any little ones to come between himself and the Promised Land.

I suppose that the concept of excellent fathering as an aphrodisiac could sink into some men’s heads, although that isn’t a foreign concept.

jolierocks @ 06/18/2007 at 4:03 pm

I can’t wait to see AMH…

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 747 » Show All