Chris Colfer: My Voice is Dubbed by a Large European Man

Chris Colfer: My Voice is Dubbed by a Large European Man

Chris Colfer drops by Jimmy Kimmel Live on Thursday (January 6).

The 20-year-old Glee actor talked about being nominated for a Golden Globe and having his voiced dubbed in different languages for international versions of the show.

“I get tweets and messages saying from fans saying ‘You’ve got to hear the guy that does you in Chile – it’s hysterical’ because they always get these big guys to do me and then everything is, like, ten octaves than it really should, them trying to do my voice.”

“That’s how you know you’ve made it, though!” Jimmy said.

“Right, right,” Chris replied, “When a large European man is pretending to be you.”

Chris Colfer on Jimmy Kimmel Live – Part I

Click inside to continue watching Chris Colfer‘s appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Chris Colfer on Jimmy Kimmel Live – Part II

chris colfer jimmy kimmel live 01
chris colfer jimmy kimmel live 02
chris colfer jimmy kimmel live 03
chris colfer jimmy kimmel live 04
chris colfer jimmy kimmel live 05
chris colfer jimmy kimmel live 06

Love Chris! He’s crazy talented, and just crazy amazing!

AntoBlueberry @ 01/11/2011 at 12:04 pm

Since when is Chile in Europe?

why am I not getting the connection between Europe and Chile? And since when are European men large?

He’s adorable!!! Great performance on glee :)

JustANameFinn @ 01/11/2011 at 1:11 pm

@AntoBlueberry and Maria: if you’d bothered to watch the clips of the show you’d know what Chris was talking about. Out of context article is out of context.

Chile is not in Europe…..But he’s amazing :)

Stephanie @ 01/11/2011 at 1:17 pm

OT
Geez, you guys. Chris was talking about the French dub when he was referring to the large European man…
/OT

Love Chris and Jimmy and the overall interview to bits! Just wished it had been longer.

I can guarantee Clovis is not known because of him. They have a ton of major league athletes that live there and have other actors. It’s a small community and unless you live there you wont know the famous people that are there because its so hush hush. It’s irritating the way he talks about Clovis in all his interviews like they owe him something or that he made Clovis what it is today! He has a nice voice just wish he showed more respect to his hometown.

I love him to death. Chris has a great personality and is amazingly talented. I think his Clovis bit is for laughs. It doesn’t sound like he disrespects his hometown.

@Kim: just fyi, when you wikipedia Clovis his name is first on the people known from Clovis. he was totally joking, he’s just trying to make people laugh, but it’s also true. lol

Stephanie @ 01/11/2011 at 4:04 pm

@Kim: It’s because of him I know about Clovis now. JS ;)

I also think he did the Clovis bit in a very sarcastic/lighthearted manner meant for laughs, but to be honest from everything he’s told I wouldn’t ever hold it against him if he shows bitterness towards his hometown and some of the people in it.

vandermonde @ 01/12/2011 at 8:31 am

@Stephanie:
Hm actually in the “french” version, they keep the songs in english with the original voices.

vandermonde @ 01/12/2011 at 8:31 am

@Stephanie:

@Kim:

I never heard of Clovis before Chris Colfer. That’s probably true for most of the world.