Leonardo DiCaprio As J. Edgar Hoover -- First Look!

Leonardo DiCaprio As J. Edgar Hoover -- First Look!

Leonardo DiCaprio smokes a cigarette on the set of J. Edgar on Tuesday (February 8) in Los Angeles.

The 36-year-old actor filmed scenes for the Clint Eastwood-directed flick, which also stars The Social Network‘s Armie Hammer, Josh Lucas, Ed Westwick, and Naomi Watts.

Armie, who plays J. Edgar Hoover‘s number two man at the FBI and rumored secret lover, recently dished that he won’t just be smooching Leo on-screen once.

“It’s not a kissing scene – it’s a ton of kissing scenes,” he told E! Online.

“[Leo is] a talented actor. I’m not nervous or afraid of it being awkward,” Armie added. “The script is great. The scenes are in there for a reason. I’m really excited.”

leonardo dicaprio j edgar filming 01
leonardo dicaprio j edgar filming 02
leonardo dicaprio j edgar filming 03
leonardo dicaprio j edgar filming 04
leonardo dicaprio j edgar filming 05

Photos: SplashNewsOnline
Posted to: Leonardo DiCaprio

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All

ok i was NOT expecting to see these picture. i am SO excited. thank you jared <3

Long Duck dong @ 02/09/2011 at 12:32 am

Gisele said he had a tiny pee pee.

art imitating life

i guess shia labeouf took over for most bloated face in HW

he gave all the weight to hayden LOL

SMOKIN’ HOT !!!!!!!!

Leo is just bound and determined to get that Oscar! LOL

leo does such a good job acting I am always surprised he never wins in Award shows (yes nominated, but never wins). Hopefully this role will be the one where he gets his much deserved OSCAR.

Any one else excited for some man and man love. Leo is not new to this btw. I love how as an actor he takes chances. Some are so insecure. I couldn’t imagine Will Smith ever playing a gay character. I remember him being against it when he was younger and saying I don’t want my children to see me that way. Wonder if he changed his mind now.

The Academy Award should give him the oscar right now

el polacko @ 02/09/2011 at 1:30 am

as hoover, leo looks exactly like he has looked in his last five or six roles.
he ought to try branching out sometime.

Hoover fan @ 02/09/2011 at 1:34 am

I’m lovin the waves in his hair… very cool that we got some pics from set so soon..

wait how did they get his hair to look like that?…thats not his hairline

el polacko @ 02/09/2011 at 1:39 am

@joel: although he was reported to have been squeamish about it, and got some bigoted ‘advice’ from denzel washington about taking the role, will smith played a gay character in his first film, ‘six degrees of separation’.
leo has ‘played gay’ in several films now…he should have it down…especially considering his real-life, longtime relationship with tobey maguire….allegedly…although accidentally confirmed by tobey’s mother. ahhhh… hollywood !

Oh goodie, we’re going to get another squinty performance from Leo. Can Hollywood not get some fresh blood pumped into their films? This guy does the same characterization over and over again. Maybe the supporting cast will step up again to cover up his mediocrity.

Barleo wedding in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UHHHHM: Joel did you not see Will Smith in Six Degrees of Separation where he played a gay character like over 15 years ago? Research before you post sweetie.

laverdadduele @ 02/09/2011 at 1:57 am

That’s one bad hair dye job.

Alexandra @ 02/09/2011 at 2:05 am

Leo is awesome! I can’t wait to see this movie.

I’m sorry, what I wanted to say was that he (Will Smith) refused to do a kissing scene and was squirmash about it about kissing a guy. Very insecure. Leo went all the way in the 1990′s in some period film I can’t remember. True actors go all the way. You are playing a role. But you know how macho black male actors are with their sexuality.

I love Leo. But that is an awful haircut. and what the heck is wrong with his face?!

@lili:

AND?? He is into the character.

So after this Edgar Hoover, Leo would shoot next is the Great Gatsby.
Leo is really so lucky – having great scripts & directors just at palm of his hand. But no surprise here coz he’s truly a talented guy & got a box-office weight

And Armie H. should be Superman. Henry Cavill is handsome & talented but Armie got more a “Superman Look” on him…

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All