Top Stories

Whitney Houston Died From Accidental Drowning: Report

Whitney Houston Died From Accidental Drowning: Report

Whitney Houston died from an accidental drowning in her hotel room bathtub last month, according to TMZ.

The 48-year-old singer, who was found dead in February just before the 2012 Grammys, also had cocaine in her system when she passed, which has been reported by the LA County Coroner’s office.

Reportedly, there was no cocaine found in the hotel room where Whitney was staying at the time of her death.

Pills were found at the scene including Xanax, Ibuprofen, and Midol.

Our continued thoughts go out to Whitney‘s family and friends.

Like Just Jared on Facebook
Photos: Wenn
Posted to: Whitney Houston

JJ Links Around The Web

Getty
  • Marc Anthony regrets not being there for his kids - US Weekly
  • Prince traveled miles for an alleged pill addiction - TMZ
  • Miley Cyrus and Elsa Pataky got matching tattoos - Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Skylar Stecker and Silento's new song - Just Jared Jr
  • Beyonce and Jay Z remove their wedding rings - Radar
  • Mandy Moore is going to make you nostalgic - Huffington Post
  • Watch Queen Elizabeth do some trash talking - Lainey Gossip
  • Hamilton pays tribute to Rent's 20th anniversary - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Amy Lin

    Oh my, I bet you many weren’t expecting that!!!!!!!

  • aimee

    WHAT?

  • Fat-as

    I thought she died of crack. Maybe she passed out while sniffing to much! :D

  • What?

    Weren’t expecting what? That she had cocaine in her system? Or that she had been doing cocaine elsewhere before coming to her room and passing out in the bath?

  • dobbi

    Bet she wouldn’t have drowned if she didn’t have cocaine.

  • Amy Lin

    @dobbi:
    Can’t believe that’s how she died, but I guess it makes sense!

  • Janel

    show me the receipts!

  • ja

    damm you ray j.

  • Laurel

    My daddy gave me a name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Jessica Rabbit

    Wow, so sad! Wait though, doesn’t cocaine give you that high adrenaline rush high? Hmm, wonder how that made her drowsy in the bathtub. She must have mixed the cocaine with the other drugs mentioned, which can make her drowsy and sleepy, I guess. Such a loss, such a sad way to die – leaving her poor young daughter without a mom.

  • John R.

    Let her rest in peace.

  • http://website,computer Dave From Canada

    Poor baby. She just couldn’t get off drugs. May she rest in peace.

  • annab

    Good ole Bobby Brown ruined her for good….what a bad influence he was in her life. Her choice…but not the best one for her.

  • Sean

    Wait what?!?! Cocaine?!?! I’m shocked!!! You could’ve knocked me over with a feather with this one!!

  • v

    There was cocaine in her system when she died, according to the official statement. Courtesy of the NYTimes:
    “The autopsy revealed that a host of prescription and illegal drugs were in her system when she died — cocaine and marijuana; Xanax, which is usually prescribed for anxiety; Flexeril, a muscle relaxant; and Benadryl, an over-the-counter antihistamine. ”

    “The cocaine contributed her death, according to the coroner’s announcement, which did not provide further details. “

  • S

    So sad. RIP.

  • lexy hates bilson

    An adult doesn’t just drown in a bathtub – unless they slip and have some sort of head injury.

  • ellie’

    May u R.I.P. Whitney..You were so loved and a great voice..u will always be remembered..

  • Shelly

    I DO NOT BELIEVE IT!! THEY JUST CAN NOT REVEAL THE TRUTH, THAT IS WHY THEY SAY IT WAS BECAUSE OF DRUGS!!

  • TWPUMPKIN

    God gave Whitney an amazing gift. A one in a billion voice. She did not take care of her gift or of herself. How very sad. What a waste. I hope she finds peace in her next life.

  • Love me boy

    Oh my god, this reminds me of Britney Spears’s Evertytime video =( what a depressing way to die…

  • tearswalk

    hubris *** she took her life and talent for granted *** sad sad sad *** we will NEVER hear a voice like hers again .. rip beautiful !

  • Bobby Vee

    This is an erroneous headline. She died from having drugs in her system AND from drowning. She had done cocaine just minutes before.

A Member of Townsquare Entertainment News | Advertise here