Jake Gyllenhaal: 'An Enemy' in Toronto

Jake Gyllenhaal: 'An Enemy' in Toronto

A scruffy Jake Gyllenhaal films scenes for his latest project, An Enemy, on Tuesday (May 22) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

The 31-year-old actor stars as a “history teacher living a quiet life with his girlfriend until he discovers a physically identical man living nearby with his pregnant wife. The teacher stalks his double until the couples’ lives become intertwined with lethal consequences,” according to Deadline.

The psychological thriller, based on the José Saramago‘s novel “The Double,” recently added three new actresses to its cast.

Mélanie Laurent (Inglourious Basterds), Sarah Gadon (Cosmopolis), and Isabella Rossellini will join Jake in the flick.

jake gyllenhaal enemy filmiing 01
jake gyllenhaal enemy filmiing 02
jake gyllenhaal enemy filmiing 03
jake gyllenhaal enemy filmiing 04
jake gyllenhaal enemy filmiing 05
jake gyllenhaal enemy filmiing 06
jake gyllenhaal enemy filmiing 07
jake gyllenhaal enemy filmiing 08

Credit: O'Neill, White; Photos: INFdaily
Posted to: Jake Gyllenhaal

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Love him but he looks like an ape walking in that 5th photo.

YOUR HEELS @ 05/22/2012 at 11:27 am

K IS PIG DOO DAH DOO DAH ON A WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA OINK OINK OINK!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

LOVE,
DEAD OR ALIVE SINGS, YOU SPIN ME ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHA

YOUR HEELS @ 05/22/2012 at 11:29 am

SHE NEEDS A NEW LOVER!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA HER LEFT HAND INSTEAD OF HER RIGHT!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA OINK OINK!!!!!! HAHA

LOVE,
DEAD OR ALIVE SINGS, BRAND NEW LOVER!!!!!!! HAHAHA

looks like a teacher

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

Jesus is the Word and scriptures. He loves you so much. Please Just Jared, broadcast Jesus more on your site. Jesus can save all the lost souls.

@brenda: That was cruel!
He looks wonderful! His look fits the character from the book. I like his outfit.

I was SO hoping that beard would be gone, but I guess not. He looks like he always does when he’s walking around. Beige pants (as opposed to the green ones he always wears) and the shoes that have seen better days. These would look like just the regular pap shots (if I didn’t know he was filming a movie)

I have to read the book

língua portuguesa @ 05/22/2012 at 12:44 pm

I’m not a fan of Saramago’s writing style…. i hope the movie is better than the book

So that’s why he was hanging with Melanie Laurent in NY. They were both up for the movie.

Ryan Gosling or James Franco would have been a better choice. JMO

Angel in Heaven @ 05/22/2012 at 1:14 pm

@ Jim… Can you imagine Heath Ledger in this role? He would have been awesome.

Wow…all I can say is Wow

this is not Toronto.

Love him. Seriously can’t wait for these new movies to finally hit my cinema :)

@Lizzy: How do you know that he was hanging with Melanie?

@Marzena: There were photos posted on the web of them in New York about a month ago.

Demitasse @ 05/22/2012 at 7:02 pm

I saw a gossip item that he was seen with Melanie, but the photos I saw of Jake was with another French actress Lia Sedou walking around in New York.

@ Jim

I am glad this is only your opinion.Jake is a very underrated actor.’
Ryan Gosling is good,but he is way overhyped these days.
James Franco is a weirdo, and I don’t think he is anything better than Jake.

@nina

According ot the novel, the main charactor is a quiet,depressed history teather.

not much of a stretch on the depressed character dept. He’s been looking rather sad or angry in some photos

@madmax

I don’t think he should look happy 24/7.Do you smile all the time when you are photographed?

nope Liz but something is missing from Jake’s demeanor that he had before. He never smiled all the time but there was some smiling or a relaxed facade about him which is no longer there

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All