Leonardo DiCaprio to Star in 'Rasputin' Film!

Leonardo DiCaprio to Star in 'Rasputin' Film!

Leonardo DiCaprio is set to star as the title character in the upcoming film Rasputin, according to Deadline.

The 38-year-old actor will play the Russian mystic “who became an advisor to the Russian Imperial family the Romanovs.” He was embraced by Tsar Nicholas II as a healer for his only son, but his influence with the family in all matters “grew to the point that rivals tried several times to kill him, finally succeeding in 1916.”

Leo reportedly liked the idea that this film brings up different sides to Rasputin that were recently unearthed, like how he was capable of switching easily between kindness and ruthlessness, and that he was a charlatan who prolifically bedded women.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Leonardo DiCaprio taking on the role of Rasputin?

Credit: Didier Baverel; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Leonardo DiCaprio, Rasputin

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Into it! Any movie with Leo is bound to be amazing! He sure loves tackling a vast array of characters! Hope the producers don’t make him look disheveled like in that Anastasia movie.

Dont Boney M have a song??

I hope this movie will bring him the Oscar. He so deserves it.

And he said he will take a break from making movies.

if he doesnt get an oscar he is bound to receive an honorary oscar because he is dedicated and i mean its only fair

Leo needs to leave foreign accent roles alone. He stinks at accents. he can’t even do a good Boston accent in the Departed. I love Leo but sometimes he should “just say no.” Leo as a crazy Russian monk sounds like a disaster. I thought he was getting ready to do a Frank Sinatra movie. He should stuck to American characters. He is ju8st not believeable as anything else.

Dear Delilah; You’re probably right. The Sinatra movie would be a much better idea for now. Problem is, Leo would have to lose as much weight as Daniel Day Lewis did in that movie that won him an Oscar. Mr Blue Eyes was a pretty skinny dude…

Rasputin in English?!

I think he took the role because he liked the second idea of the charlatan who prolifically bedded women…dude is so shallow I can’t stand it…

@Emma:

ITAWY was thinking the same thing lol! that’s the part that sold him

And he promised he was going to take a break from acting. I was so excited.

Russian history @ 06/07/2013 at 7:20 pm

Rusputin had a wild, troubled spirit. His tosses between good and evil are like tosses between God and Devil. He was not a charlatan per say. He had some healing power, but it was overrated.
He was a dark, and mysterious figure, a harbinger of the terrible and tragic events for Russia and its people.
it is pretty complicate role and I am sure Leo can make it, but better not to take it.

V WOHOHOO @ 06/07/2013 at 7:35 pm

@Emma: MTE. I know! I thought he took a break. Ugh I just can’t stand this guy. It’s like he doesn’t want to grow up. Dude might thinks he’s still 29.

Of course they’re going to put bedded women so a lot of people will watch it. I bet they’re gonna cut out some scenes in rasputin’s life just to unnecessarily make way for sex scenesUgggghhh

Italian Girl @ 06/07/2013 at 8:15 pm

It depends of the script and director. It could be interesting, though.

another movie in which Leo’s character dies.

@emma you totally stoles what I was about to say. Of course Leo will agree on a role about a famous womanizer. I believe he will do great tho but he would have been a great Sinatra.

The great Leo <3 : )

@Delilah:

Agreed. He tries to pick up accents on his own and he can’t do it properly. He needs an accent coach.

These so called details surrounding Rasputin’s disposition are nothing new. Everyone in the Russian court knew that he was a “mystic” one moment and a raving lunatic the next. The only reason he was kept around was because he managed to keep the Czar Nicholas’ young son’s hemophilia at bay. It has been conjectured that Rasputin was able to do this merely by keeping the boy’s heart rate down. Hollywood claims another historical figure for its sensational machine. But hey, maybe Leo will win an Oscar. He totes deserves it. If you’ll excuse me I’m going to vomit and cry for the mushy remains of humanity’s brains.

Sick of him @ 06/08/2013 at 1:54 am

I’m getting bored with him. And does he know how to do a film that doesn’t take place in the past?

playing another good but sometimes shady character who beds women? NO ACTING THERE!!
Coming Soon- Rasputin: The Modern Day Life of Leo (2014)

i think Jared Leto would more fit this role. he’s actually looks a bit like Rasputin :)

Accent this @ 06/08/2013 at 10:07 am

@Delilah: Sit down, Delilah. Just sit down.

You can't touch this @ 06/08/2013 at 10:12 am

Leo has a rumored new girlfriend, and here come the crazy, jealous, petty b___ches to harp and moan. Get a life, hags, and quite hating on a man because you’re jealous of his beautiful companions.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All