Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin Split After 10 Years of Marriage

Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin Split After 10 Years of Marriage

Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin are going their separate ways after 11 years of marriage.

“It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate,” the 41-year-old actress and the 37-year-old singer wrote on her website.

The couple added, “We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time. We have always conducted our relationship privately, and we hope that as we consciously uncouple and coparent, we will be able to continue in the same manner.”

Gwyneth and Chris tied the knot in December 2003 and that they have two children – Apple,9, and Moses, 7.

ARE YOU SURPRISED that Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin split?

Photos: Getty
Posted to: Chris Martin, Gwyneth Paltrow, Split

Getty
  • Former NFL kicker Rob Bironas passed away at 36 - US Weekly
  • Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Show All

I am sad because of your hateful, cruel and heartless comments. Chris and Gwyneth had tried, they deeply loved each other, have two healthy children together and spent huge part of their lifes together. They have something most of you can only dream of. You are all hateful and jealous. Have you lost your humanity? A family is broken and you talk about some ridiculous gossips about cheating. Where is your humanity? They are real persons! They have feelings! Apart from you obviously… You treat them like a dolls without feelings…I’m sick of this world. Only because of people…

@pinkydoo:

a fact you never listen to interviews of Chris Martin.

plus I do not like journalists who always criticizes bestfriend girl to Chris because he loves since 2006, and journalists say is just a groupie fan coldplay. because she is nothing in the current society and well-meaning.

GP blow job tactic don´t work @ 03/26/2014 at 7:25 am

Chelsea Handler revealed Gwyneth Paltrow’s surprising advice for making a relationship work on Monday’s “Chelsea Lately.”

Handler recalled, “One of her friends is like, ‘I got in a big fight with my husband and I went home and I just wanted to scream and yell,’ and [Paltrow said], ‘Whatever you’re feeling, do the opposite. Go at him with love and you give him a blowjob.’”

I guess she don´t give a good BJ no more

It’s a shame, but I’m not surprised. They were never seen together, except at the golden globes – and she looked miserable – like she wasn’t happy to be there with him. They’re used to being apart so it won’t hurt them much, but it will hurt those kids. I hope Gweneth concentrates more on those kids instead of herself. It’s too bad so many people don’t like her. Life can be a *****!

Chris got fed up hearing Brad Pitt’s name being mention. “Brad this, Brad that…”.

Maybe if the guy wasn’t a thief he might still be married ! His band have been involved with several copyright lawsuits. They’ve been accused of stealing music from other bands or/and artists and calling it their own. I hope they get their axxes sued right off !!!!!

I am sorry to hear this and especially for the children.

Really sad @ 03/26/2014 at 9:46 am

It must be very difficult for any Hollywood couple to last due to their schedules. Their jobs keep them away from each other for long periods of time. It’s very rare that a relationship works because of it.

Too many people are just piling on Gwyneth and I think it is wrong. Yes, she can be very annoying, and no doubt a lot of her comments are pretentious. But No one is looking at Chris and what an @sshole he was to her. He wasn’t an easy person to be with and I think she tried to hard to invent herself in a way that would make him want to stay. You think she got this way all by herself? I think she went crazy trying to please a cold man who was very hard to be around and wouldn’t support her.

Not surprised. They ‘had’ to get married, after all. Gwyneth has seemed terribly bored with her life lately. She has been parading herself all over the world, acting like she’s in the midst of a mid-life crisis, flaunting her body. It seems like she has been putting herself out there hoping to catch a new fish. Sad for the kids though.

Point Break! @ 03/26/2014 at 12:12 pm

Well they lasted longer than most and this goes for “normal” people too. how many people does ANYONE know that lasts 10 or more years anymore?

Point Break! @ 03/26/2014 at 12:14 pm

@Goop snot face:

Thank God he’s with that virginal saint Angel-ina now. She is perfect and is incapable of any wrong doing and hates sex.

I feel sorry for the couple though … never been a fan of Gwyneth Paltrow somehow . She might be nicer in the “real life” but in interview I can’t stand her . I kinda saw that coming , it made sense . :/ I do hope they’re gonna find someone at some point . Hopefully a nobody for chris , and I do hope they’ll keep their life private as they done before

Not surprised at all… they both looked extremely unhappy!

whaaaaaaaaaat

Goop The Pretentious One @ 03/26/2014 at 1:42 pm

Marry the guy b/c she gets knocked up WTF!! it’s not 1950 who does that unless you are incapable of raising a child. She had a ton of money so they didn’t marry for love. I have always resented Goop for her giving H. Weinstein a bj with the promise of winning an Oscar for that crap film SIL. Thing was she sure screwed with Brad Pitt’s mind as he was dating her in an exclusive relationship. Oh My, How the world turns.. Today Brad has very distinguishing Plan B Production Co where You won’t see Brad Pitt offering Paltrow a role in one of his films after making him feel like an Oscar was worth more than a relationship. I shouldn’t say that b/c Brad Pitt doesn’t care today about anything from his past.
Pitt is probably glad she did now b/c he has never been happier for going on 10 yrs. with is great love AJ.
You get what you put into a marriage, these two rarely seen each other, never went out together. The fact that Chris was so insecure over an old relationship. What kind of marriage is that?
The kids will be fine.

Love each other very much? Closer than they’ve ever been? Consciously uncoupling? What a great marriage. I hope it lasts forever. Oh..what is that you say? They”re divorcing? But from the way she was talking….

Okay, please excuse the sarcasm especially from someone who sees marriage breakups up close. But, I have to say I have seen people literally scared to death of burning in he/ll for eternity because they belong to a church which has told them that divorce is so bad that they will spend eternity in he’ll if they file even though they have a spouse which doesn’t let them near, doesn’t work, doesn’t help, etc. A rare rare situation, but more commonly I’ve seen people suffer through mental pain because of the STIGMA of divorce. Or suffer quietly in bad situations for years because of what others will think of them if they divorce.

I have read blind items that this celebrity marriage was plagued with infidelity and living separate lives for years. Or is it not cheating rumors but rather “lingering inferences upon the airwaves of loyalty challenges?” Per Paltrow speak…My point is this. Get a divorce quietly and say nothing if you are famous. Fine. But to come out with this “privacy/everlasting love/separation” announcement nonsense is insulting to the millions of mere mortals who don’t consciously uncouple but rather file dissolution of marriage proceedings and are not closer than ever because of it but rather have to face the mere mortal reality of marriage failure and move on JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

It is annoying to continually see the farce of celebrities attempt to elevate themselves above mere mortals as stronger, better, special, whatever, and her comments, to me, magnify this. Does anyone believe the are closer than ever and are very much in love as a result of consciously uncoupling? Doubtful. Then why shove this ridiculous line in everyone’s face with a call for privacy? Makes no sense to me. People should not place celebrities on pedestals as people to emulate. They don’t have better lives, morals, success, or character. Just better PR. Or, rather, PR people to begin with when most people are strong enough to take life’s hits alone and with head on truth. Think about it.

Lena

Friends and I been telling ya for years they were over. Also true that he is totally well liked and she very disliked – everywhere and by everyone that knows them. Chris finally realized kids better off with the split at this point and that is only reason he stayed. He is giving her almost all of his money, could care less, and will let her PR machine run show –all he cares about is kids. She is not a mom by nature – way too self centered. Thankful they have Chris and Blythe!

@kami: LOL. His friends are rejoicing everywhere. He is finally free from the wicked, pretentious witch!!!!

@bella1: Bella1 you are totally correct! FYI, so is all the staff who are begging Chris to take them with him!!!!! And for the record contrary to her image, her kids want to be with him too. And we all know many privileged children too, famous or not, who have turned out to be wonderful giving human beings so Blythe is not to be blamed. She is wonderful and treated cruelly by GOOP. (And of course you try like hell for the kids, but there are circumstances where children are much better off after split – and theirs are relieved to give up sham, and have more time with their Dad!

Didn’t SHE not say she’s a sex addict? If you are one–speak out. Don’t they randomly find and hunt a person down? lol IF she is, why didn’t he help her with AAA for sex addictions. She’s not one to be in a one on one relationship then. wow

she’s a sex addict she said..whatever…psycho comments she says…addicts break up relationships…period

Not a surprise because they never seemed happy, but I think this is a ploy to get the haters on her side.”Conscious uncoupling?” Everything about her is so pretentious–even her choice of words and phrases. I don’t revel in this, I actually feel sorry for her but I still can’t stand her. Maybe she should turn lesbian. Chelsea Handler seems eager to lick her p*ssy.

Looselipz @ 03/27/2014 at 2:25 am

@James:

Give me a break ! These two are pretentious and fake.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Show All