Gerard Butler Tried to Hide His Tears While Watching 'Dragon 2'

Gerard Butler Tried to Hide His Tears While Watching 'Dragon 2'

Gerard Butler sits down for an interview on Late Night with Seth Meyers on Thursday (June 12) in New York City.

The 44-year-old actor was joined on the program that night by Tony Shalhoub and Chris Rock.

Gerard recently chatted with Rotten Tomatoes about watching his new film How to Train Your Dragon 2 in the theater and how he had to hide his tears.

“There were very beautiful women [next to me] and you want to maintain that macho exterior,” Gerard said before demonstrating the noise that came out of him. “I’m going, ‘I can’t believe that noise just came out of me.’ Especially because it’s my stuff. It’s bad enough getting caught crying at a movie, but getting caught crying at your own stuff…”

Watch the video below to see what Craig Ferguson said that Gerry should have down to hide his tears!

Is Gerard Butler Crying or Falling Asleep?

FYI: Gerard is wearing head-to-toe BOSS.

gerard butler tried to hide his tears while watching dragon 2 01
gerard butler tried to hide his tears while watching dragon 2 02
gerard butler tried to hide his tears while watching dragon 2 03
gerard butler tried to hide his tears while watching dragon 2 04
gerard butler tried to hide his tears while watching dragon 2 05

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 78 » Show All

Hello lovely, very nice to see you! :)

Can'tGetEnough @ 06/12/2014 at 10:28 pm

https://twitter.com/LateNightSeth/status/477259079161626624 When @GerardButler takes a selfie, he does so with grace and poise. #LNSM

Gerry want’s to marry an Australian because they don’t use their beauty as weapon. Good enough reason I would say.

Always wondered @ 06/12/2014 at 10:43 pm

I think an AUSSIE woman is perfect for him…us American women, maybe a little too much.
Cheers! Be careful and get Aussie that knows how to be faithful.

Can'tGetEnough @ 06/12/2014 at 10:54 pm

tokinb_ Tapped Fridays show..Gerad Butler and Josh Groban #KellyAndMicheal

His interviews are stale now. Same old same old. I feel sorry and sad for what used to be. He looks old and sounds it. Thinking he is still trying to cover up the gay. He’s not interested in Aussie girls but Aussie men.

@MRessler:
Nice try loser.
Gerry is riding high and rising higher with his career and life. Stop being jealous and enjoy your OWN life and then you wouldn’t have to complain about someone else’s.

still shallow @ 06/12/2014 at 11:25 pm

he talks about liking Australian women because they don’t use their beauty as a weapon but all of a sudden he’s afraid to cry enough of “very beautiful women”??? Why?
Would he have felt more comfortable crying in front ugly women?
He is and will always be only be about looks.
He is still the same shallow guy he’s always been. This is a new press tour with the same old stories.
“I love women from….”
Change the record Gerry!

@Can’tGetEnough: Thanks CGE. Just ran through all the utubes with Craig and Gerry and think they have reached the “pulling hair” point with their interviews. The last one, Gerry says I can’t take this any more.and Craig goes back to the Bakersfield Has Fallen. The two of them are driving the interviewers crazy. What a routine they have going.lol Starting to feel sorry for them but you can’t help but laugh. Bet they will be so happy when the contract is complete.

just a thought @ 06/12/2014 at 11:27 pm

@MRessler guess you missed Jimmy Kimmel live?????????? Today show focused on HTTYD2 not sure what you are watching. Re runs ???????????????????? He is looking good not sure where he goes next but maybe to take a bit of a rest then on to LHF or Geo good luck hope he gets to see mom too

All his interviews are the same thing. Boring like he is. I am going to move on. I need younger and he looks ragged and sounds like he belongs in a dive bar hiding behind a grubby raincoat.

Can'tGetEnough @ 06/12/2014 at 11:48 pm

http://web.stagram.com/p/741633368654488963_15738720 One of the most perfect human beings ever….. Gerard butler. PS I love you is one of my favorite movies!!!!

Can'tGetEnough @ 06/12/2014 at 11:49 pm

@Ducky: You’re welcome Ducky! I love watching their interviews. They are both so funny together. :)

Can'tGetEnough @ 06/12/2014 at 11:50 pm

https://twitter.com/LateNightSeth/status/477290529739112450/photo/1 TONIGHT ON #LNSM: @GerardButler, Tony Shalhoub, and comedy from @myqkaplan!

@Ducky: Hey Duckster. I’m glad to catch you here. Saying Hi, Hello & Cooeeeeee to you. Can’t believe the amount of threads JJ is serving up to us. All good news for G.B. He’s been so busy, I’m waiting for him to nod off in one of his interviews.
The ” inflatable ” joke he told cracked me up…because it was just so bad. His child within, it’s very endearing. Cheers :-)

interviews @ 06/12/2014 at 11:55 pm

if interviews are boring, it is because the interviewers ask the same tired questions about his law degree, his dad, his accent, 300, or being a ladies man. Hardly anyone in these press days asked him about the actual voice work or the animation, one or two asked about Gods of Egypt, and no one asked about things like how he felt about CGI, big films, motion capture, or blockbusters. They are less creative so he is down to the same few standard answers

Dumbass Obama @ 06/12/2014 at 11:59 pm

Really, Obama? Thousands of mass serial killing beheaders and thug terrorists are in a major convoy heading for Baghdad and you opt NOT to take them out (easily) in a rapid airstrike? Are you fcking insane?

You must be in love with your terrorist brothers. Pure slime! Rid the earth of these freaks.

@MRessler: You go on then, Gerard doesn’t need some lowlife like you posting cr/ap on these threads, spreading hatred! You no real fan, you have no loyalty in you. Nothing but jealousy is all. Don’t let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out.

Can'tGetEnough @ 06/13/2014 at 12:11 am

http://instagram.com/p/pK5ezBFcTd/# @gerardbutler is so sexy! I was screaming inside as he rubbed my back while we took this picture.

@fromoz: Hey Ozzie, makes me smile to see you here. Oh boy, that was a very bad joke. I was laughing so hard with the “who has the bigger brogue?” Craig,” mine is bigger but you use yours more” Yes, they are loooosing it. They are quick on the draw for sure. Men or boys, some things never change with age LOL
Wish Gerry would be on Craig’s show one more time before Craig leaves the show.
I read that you found a way to watch the Kimmel show. Good.
INTERVIEWS, Yes you are so right about the questions. Have a feeling the boys are done whether good questions or not at this point…. think they are burned out.

@still shallow: He knew the women sitting with him including Amy and payed them a nice compliment and called them beautiful. I thought it was very nice.

interviews @ 06/13/2014 at 12:43 am

@Ducky:

Hi Ducky. :) Did you see the Young Hollywood video? Their minds were totally gone in that one. It was funny but it also made no sense because the interviewer just kept asking the questions and not going with their silly vibe. Good interviewers have to know how to segue things together better instead of just race to get all their silly questions out, too. Sometimes they ask a dumb question thinking they are so cool and unique but it is usually something stupid. There was another video asking them about what kind of animal they would train and why. Um, okay…. :-P I guess the day of double digit 10 mins or more insightful talks are gone. Pity. Hopefully Seth Meyers will be better than the blink and miss it Today talk.

Absolutely love Gerry! I am practising saying his name in Scottish, it is quite hard, I had plans to go to Sydney, where he had been shooting for a month. Lol! I missed sighting him, I could not go, going next month, well, Gerard is so, so handsome, I have never seen such an attractive man in my life! I wish all his movies do well at the box office! Love him that much :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 78 » Show All