Top Stories

Castle Latest News, Photos, and Videos

Stana Katic Breaks Silence on 'Harsh' Exit From 'Castle'

Two years ago, Stana Katic‘s contract on Castle was not renewed due to “budgetary reasons,” and it was truly shocking for fans to hear that one of the stars of the show was let go so quickly amid the show’s successful run.

Soon after, the show was cancelled amid backlash from some fans over the decision to let her go.

Now, Stana is speaking for the very first time about how she felt during that time.

“I’m actually still not clear on the thought process behind the way that it went down. It hurt and it was a harsh ending, but now, nearly two years later…I met so many beautiful people on that project, and we collaborated on something really unique in that it’s not every day that you get a show, or a series, that has eight seasons and that it was a hit for the network. It would be a disservice to those people, to the work that we did together, and to my work, which I feel contributed, in part, to the success of the show, to be anything but grateful because, at the end of the day, that was a fantastic platform,” Stana told EW. “It was a formative experience, and we told a love story that I feel moved people, touched people, and I can’t be anything but glad that I was a part of something like that. I hope it remains something special in viewers’ minds forever.”

ABC President Speaks to 'Castle' & 'Nashville' Cancellations

ABC president Channing Dungey spoke about the cancellations of Nashville and Castle at the network’s TCA today.

“Nashville is a show that I personally truly loved,” Channing said. “To not have it back was a little bit of heartbreak for me. I’m thrilled the show has found a new home on CMT so now that I can keep watching it”

Channing also discussed the shocking Castle cancellation after not renewing Stana Katic‘s contract.

“So that’s a case where you have things running on two parallel tracks. We were always upfront about possibility that we might not be bringing show back for season nine…Ultimately for us we felt it was not the right thing to do to order another season,” she added.

Castle Photo Gallery

'Castle' & 'Nashville' Cancellations Explained By ABC President

Many fans were shocked when Castle and Nashville were cancelled by ABC.

“At the end of the day, we didn’t feel that even though Castle and Nashville were wonderful shows and good performers for a long time, the future for us didn’t lie in those shows,” ABC Entertainment Group president Channing Dungey told reporters (via THR). “Looking at ratings, our own finances and looking at new development, decisions came down to the wire, which is the difficult thing about these jobs as we weigh and measure different things.”

Kiefer Sutherland‘s Designated Survivor will take Nashville‘s normal timeslot on Wednesdays at 10 pm in the Fall, while Hayley Atwell‘s Conviction will air during Castle‘s normal timeslot on Mondays at 10pm.

'Castle' Cast & Crew React to the Series Finale

After ABC announced that Castle would be cancelled after eight seasons last week, the show aired the series’ final episode on Monday night (May 16).

Some of the cast, including Nathan Fillion, Toks Olagundoye and Molly Quinn, watched the last episode together and sent out emotional messages during the show.

“Well. That’s it. Thank you, everyone. What an incredible journey. (Mic drop) Castle out,” Nathan wrote, after live tweeting the entire show.

Castle creator Andrew Marlowe also wrote had a heartfelt message, tweeting, “Thank you to @NathanFillion for eight seasons of dedication, creativity, and leadership as #Castle. Can’t wait to see how you wow us next! @Stana_Katic Thank you for all the gifts you bestowed on Katherine Beckett. The world is a richer place because of her… and you. #Castle And a very special thanks to all the #Castle fans & especially @CastleTV for all your support over our 8 seasons. You made the ride a joy.”

Showrunners Alexi Hawley and Terence Paul Winter also penned a thoughtful letter about the series’ conclusion, thanking all the fans.

Click inside to read their note and other tweets from the cast…
More Here! »

Stana Katic Reacts to 'Castle' Cancellation in Letter to Fans

Stana Katic is speaking out about the cancellation of her long-running series Castle.

The 38-year-old actress was let go from the show just a few weeks ago due to “budgetary reasons” and now ABC has decided not to renew the show.

“Dear Castle fans, cast, and crew: Your devotion to our show has carried us for these unforgettable 8 seasons. I’m lucky to have met worked with for the lot of you. I will always be grateful. Big Hug x Stana,” she wrote in the handwritten letter shared on Twitter.

Click inside to read what other Castle actors are saying… More Here! »