Michael Phelps Makes History with 19th Olympic Medal!

Michael Phelps Makes History with 19th Olympic Medal!

Michael Phelps‘ teammates from the U.S. Men’s Swimming TeamConor Dwyer, Ryan Lochte, and Ricky Berens – celebrate as he makes history during the Men’s 4 x 200m Freestyle Relay final on Day 4 of the 2012 Summer Olympics at the Aquatics Centre on Tuesday (July 31) in London, England.

The 27-year-old swimmer became the most decorated Olympian of all time with a record 19 medals when his team picked up the gold medal for the relay.

Earlier in the day, Michael won the silver medal during the Men’s 200m Butterfly final.

Also pictured inside: Allison Schmitt of Team USA winning the gold medal for the Women’s 200m Freestyle final that same afternoon.

50+ pictures inside of Michael Phelps and the USA swimmers at the Olympics…

michael phelps makes history with 19th olympic medal 01
michael phelps makes history with 19th olympic medal 53
michael phelps makes history with 19th olympic medal 54

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Pitt the hoe @ 07/31/2012 at 4:54 pm

Congratz!!!

dave Franco @ 07/31/2012 at 5:01 pm

Americans are dominating the olympics. The best country in the world. Bow down!

@dave Franco: china has 23 medals the same as the US but China has 4 more gold medals so they lead the medal count

I live in a country where: gay people can get married in churches; where getting a weapon license is NOT easier than getting your drivers license; we have free health care; free dental care until we’re 20; 6 paid weeks of vacation from work every year; where each state takes care of their older population; church and state are separated and children get free lunch in school… and you claim America is the best. Riiight.

raspberry @ 07/31/2012 at 5:07 pm

good on him

Go Team USA! Each one of them outswam the competition, fabulous job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF Jared. Not all of us have seen the races yet. Most countries in the west need to wait in the evening to see them.
Seriously, I feel like crying right now.

dave Franco @ 07/31/2012 at 5:12 pm

I respect CHINA but they are known to be cheaters. They have an assembly line full of cheaters.

dave Franco @ 07/31/2012 at 5:13 pm

@jess. America will ALWAYS be the best…. when it comes to the olympics.

@dave Franco: Haha, take a look at your population versus almost every other country save for China and Russia and then get back to me about why you’re so much better than everyone else.

WHO CARES WHICH COUNTRY IS THE BEST….I’M JAMAICAN AND I’M NOT GOING AROUND WRITING THAT ON POSTS…..IT SHOULD BE ABOUT THE TEAM WINNING AND PHELPS MAKING HISTORY..WHO GIVES TWO FUDGESTICKS WHICH COUNTRY IS THE BEST…IS THAT ALL YOU GUYS CAN ARGUE ABOUT…IF YOU ARE GOING TO ARGUE/DEBATE THEN TALK ABOUT SOMETHING OF IMPORTANCE..LIKE EDUCATION!!!

dave Franco @ 07/31/2012 at 5:35 pm

I’m just proud of being american. I’m also happy to see Canada in the bottom of the totem pole. LMAO.

@dave Franco: I’m not from Canada, though I’d prefer that country’s countrymen, including the French, over your own arrogant ones.

Fact is, that US Sports People have better oppotunities to train and prepare for olympics than other. They get paid, most of them have sponsoring contracts or scholarships. Like in my country most of the swimmer or athletes have to work part time in other jobs (many of them are police officers) and they do sport in their freetime. So of course US People are better in some sports categories. But may i say that my country won medals in versalitiy riding, Judo and Canoe today and i don’t scream around that we are the best country in the world. Get a reality check.Thank you… and please can someone tell me HOW in the world the chinese swimmer should cheat?

When USA team gets controlled by anti-doping agencies, like everyone else, I’ll admit their success…Equality for all!!

It’s Allison Schmitt not Schmidt

wohooo! good for him

Why is everyone hating on the US/US athletes? This should be a post about how incredible Michael Phelps has been not a arguement on countries.. And yes, the US is the greatest when it comes to the Olympics. Not biased, just a statistical fact. Sheesh.

Anyway, congrats Michael!

@dave Franco seriously u must be having too many sour grapes. to your standards, many of the winners are portrayed as cheaters, then what about in the case of Phelps? I just reckon you should be more objective since every single athletes were tested under the same system, if you say one has cheated, then the grey area should be applied to every single winners, instead of pointing your fingers to a particular one.

I’m so impressed with Michael Phelps’ 19th Medal! This is a huge accomplishment and the butterfly stroke is not the easiest of swim styles. Team USA has been nothing less than extremely impressive, Alisson Schmidt also made us proud! I have loved watching the Olympics so far and it gives my coworkers and I a lot to talk about at Dish. I’ve been catching the Olympics on my phone using the Dish Remote Access app. I love that this app allows me to watch live and recorded shows and also allows me to set up timers on my DVR at home. It’s so convenient and I don’t miss any of my favorite Olympic events.

Anonymous @ 07/31/2012 at 9:07 pm

I don’t know why some people are putting down the US just because of what a few arrogant people have said. People do this all the time (mostly I’ve seen this from the Europeans) where they say “The US is this”, “The US is that”. What, is your country any better? Even if you do think so, there are still faults in every country–including the US.

An entire nation should not be held the same based on what you’ve seen in the media or by other people. I, personally, think a lot of countries are great (many of them are European) including the United States. Anyways no matter what I say or other people, many others will still criticize the US from what the media says and based on what other people think.

The sad part is, this post is about a tremendous achievement made by Michael Phelps, and here people are getting into a debate about a country.

Shame.

Anyways, congrats Michael! Hopefully you achieve a few more (gold) medals before the Olympics are over (also your last Olympics). Bravo!!

He’s the G.O.A.T.