Gerard Butler: 'Dynamo' Star!

Gerard Butler: 'Dynamo' Star!

Gerard Butler has just signed on to star in the upcoming film Dynamo, based on the novel “Dynamo: Defending The Honour Of Kiev.”

The 42-year-old actor will take on the role of Nikolai Trusevich, the all-star goalie who leads his team and inspires the entire battered city of Kiev, Ukraine.

The film is based on “the landmark soccer game that took place between an occupied Ukrainian soccer team and their Nazi captors during World War II. To stem a rising tide of resistance and establish Aryan superiority, the Nazi’s set up a match pitting the starving Ukrainians against a ‘super team’ of German players that to this day is still known as ‘The Death Match’.”

Dynamo is scheduled to shoot in Europe next year.

ARE YOU EXCITED to see Gerard Butler as a soccer player in Dynamo??

Charley Gallay/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 721 » Show All

@Twitter: Clubs, Red Carpet N movie sets R the same thing to Butler. For Mo PTY.

MG’s latest FB comment – Monday

I wrote a few weeks ago that “are the happiest in the world” … just received confirmation, after several tests, I’ll play in the movie Dom Hemingway … I wanted to share with you, perhaps the most important moment in my career. Today after 3 weeks of shooting in southern France Londra.Vreau we move on to thank you for your presence in a number so big! We passed 50,000! …!
Share with you how often can my feelings and emotions …
I wish I had time to answer all … for those who doubt the authenticity of this page will announce that remains the only way I can talk about me.
Romania again fight me and caress me, but I always remember with pleasure, for my only issue home where Michael thought and courtesy of Anna Burz, I could introduce myself netrunchiat, to all of you …

Yours, Madalina.

so predictable @ 10/31/2012 at 12:41 am

@BWhatUR: If there is a club still standing after Frankenstorm, he would be the one to find it. And per the earlier twitter, he’s got his flirt on.

translation @ 10/31/2012 at 1:02 am

@Alanis:
Just tidying up your translation a bit ….
MG wrote, “Today after 3 weeks of shooting in southern France we move to London. I want to thank you for your presence in a number so big!”

@translation:

Thanks – never know what you’re gonna get with Google Translate. There had been discussion about whether her posting that she was the happiest woman in the world had to do with GB or her career. I was trying to confirm that she was happy because she had found out that she got the part, not that she and GB had gotten engaged, married, pregnant, whatever.

@Alanis:
Why do some of you keep coming back to MG?!?!?!? You get paid for it! Who cares here? Stop talking about it! If you’re a fan of her, go to her website! She does not belong here! Go away!

@Alina: Sorry, Alina. I didn’t plan to make any more posts about her.

@Alanis:
OK:)))))))))))

Hint for JJ @ 10/31/2012 at 1:41 am

Perhaps G B will stay in NYC till it’s time to fly out for Dubai. Hope there are plenty of pictures of those dignitaries and stars. No doubt Roger Dubuis will pull out all the stops for this one. Grattis Dubuis!

Nothing like seeing that man in a tux….or a yellow towel.

He is heading east quick. More than one reason.

Totally Useless Information @ 10/31/2012 at 2:25 am

Am I to understand GB was spotted walking around Central Park, alone, at night? Is that safe?

Whatever, I guess. I think the new movie could be a good one. Many movies coming out of Europe the past few years have been about WW II and are well received at film festivals and award shows.

I posted the “hint for JJ” and really need to watch what I write. When I said that comment : Nothing like seeing that man in a tux….or a yellow towel.
I was talking about Gerry not R. Dubuis. So sorry about that. Oh crap oh crap……

Let me see... @ 10/31/2012 at 3:07 am

He does have a talent to pick a loser. Gerry pleeeeeease stay away from movie based on real events or people. These stories always controversial and you lose half of the people as your potential audience automatically without even trying.

exfantiredbyallthebs @ 10/31/2012 at 3:08 am

@Manny: descent to stallone type projects. Oh Dear!

Looking at pictures of the devastation in the US, and wishing you all safe and the spirit and resolve to recover.

So many gas guzzlers wrecked. Perhaps we should all now take global warming seriously. Such extreme weather is all of our responsibility, wherever in the world we live. The time to stick our heads in the sand and maintain our over privileged lifestyles has surely passed?

Heard that Leonardo Di Caprio, Gerald Butler, and Hermione(?) are at @ LavoNY French Tuesday party right now.
46 min ago

Dining at Lavo Leonardo DiCaprio in front of me and behind Gerard Butler

Decaprio, Gerard Butler I gta go out on a Tuesday more often
Haha Amanda Bynes wondering around like a drunk hahaha

@twitter: “Dining at Lavo Leonardo DiCaprio and behind Gerard Butler”…..????
This is very strange! Maybe Hermione = Emma Watson?

Lord Love a Duck @ 10/31/2012 at 4:40 am

@Let me see…: Beg to differ with you. The movie 300 was GB’s biggest movie and was denounced by Iran’s pres. because of the depiction of the Persians as monstrous and barbaric. He did just fine, better than fine. GB has done a lot of movies depicting real people: Attilla, Frank Borghi, Sam Childers…. and then of course the most controversial was Stoick The Vast, the Phantom, Dracula and Beowulf….only kidding about the last few.
I don’t know why, but I think that these stories need to be told as well, so much time has gone by and past atrocities should not be celebrated, but neither forgotton. Perhaps the history lessons should be preserved in our minds.
I do understand that concern to “keep it safe”, but I think, for example, that MGP was a story that GB wanted the world to know about and he did it and probably would have been sorry if he hadn’t if not for accolades, but for his own sake.
I haven’t been here for a while, but heard about the new movie. Wishing him all the best and trust that it will be all that he expects. No doubt in my mind that he will do his very best to tell the story for us. Ducky

God..this man loves his parties.Will he still be partying when /if he has kids or family?I cant see him staying away for too long, which is quite awkward for his age.

AustinCityLimits @ 10/31/2012 at 4:57 am

Maybe he took on this role to be closer to MG, since she is from that part of the world. I can’t imagine why else he would take this on, as it has disaster written all over it for him again. He must be either getting desperate for work as it doesn’t appear that any American or otherwise reputable studios are knocking down his door for parts, or he’s doing this to be close to MG. Maybe she will sign on for the movie with him, to play his wife or his girlfriend. This movie has disaster written all over it, another monumental flop for Butler. What is he and those people backing him thinking?

exfantiredbyallthebs @ 10/31/2012 at 5:02 am

@Totally Useless Information: why the concern for this so called ‘man’? I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was strolling in central park to see the damage, and not to trawl for young flesh as he’s been filmed doing in the past. He can’t be staying in his chelsea pad as it would be a long walk to the park.
But clubbing, partying??? Any decent affluent human being in his situation eould be donating to, and physically helping the clear up and relief operation instead of satsfying his own pampered ego!!!

Its incredible he has any loyal fans left. They must see only what they have been PR’d into believing..

Not buying any of these bogus tweets. It’s possible he’s already left NY. He hasn’t been physically seen since he went to Sat night party. Also not buying that people in NY are wandering around looking for celebrities. They’re looking for food and stores that may be open and looking for transportation.

Cellphones were reported out yesterday in NY so how are all these people texting? LMAO.

“ARE YOU EXCITED to see Gerard Butler as a soccer player in Dynamo??”

_______________
Absolutely Not!
which,… just makes me think a its real pretext to stay in Europe,(especially now …) in ‘ vicinity’ of…
Ah…poor devil … what make you do

Why all the negativity?..it seems no matter what he does or what movie role he takes on some of you here only say bad things. That is really insensitive..maybe you say all those things because you know somebody from his pr team are reading here and maybe he knows about whats being said here, which is really mean in itself.
I think Chasing Mavericks seems like quite a good movie and I’ll probably go see it when it premieres here in Europe. As for this new project”Dynamo” it really looks interesting..besides, I love historical movies and for Gerard would be something different.
Wish him all the best.