- Valerie Harper says she was misquoted, but she’s “cautiously optimistic” for the future about her cancer prognosis – Huffington Post
- Michael B. Jordan just landed his next new role – Just Jared Jr
- The CW announces summer premiere dates – Entertainment Weekly
- A Kobe Bryant documentary is headed to Showtime – The Hollywood Reporter
- Have you seen Catherine Zeta Jones‘ bangs? – DListed
- Bella Thorne looks super cute – Hollywood Tuna
- Wow, there is an Earth twin out there – Towleroad
Valerie Harper Breaking News and Photos
A little over a year ago, television legend Valerie Harper was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, and she has just announced that she is officially cancer free!
The 74-year-old Mary Tyler Moore Show actress was told she had an inoperable brain tumor and would have maybe a few months. Doctors have been astounded by her results.
“I’m absolutely cancer-free!” she told Closer magazine. “My last scans have been positive, and my doctors are very happy. [The oncologist] looked at the scans and said, ‘Oh my God, Valerie, this is very encouraging!’”
“I’m now the poster child for not believing everything I’m told. There may come a time when I’m not feeling good,” she said. “But then again, that time may never come.”
- Valerie Harper has defied doctor’s odds with her terminal brain cancer diagnosis and says she is close to being in remission – Huffington Post
- The Man of Steel sequel will film in Detroit – The Hollywood Reporter
- Demi Lovato begins work on Glee – take a look! – Just Jared Jr
- Check out the Scandal season three promo – Entertainment Weekly
- Will Smith and his wife Jada are selling their huge mansion – DListed
- Nicole Scherzinger shows off her fit body – Hollywood Tuna
- Harry Styles kisses British game show host – Towleroad
America Ferrera steps out at the opening night performance of the new Broadway play The Assembled Parties on Wednesday (April 17) at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre in New York City.
The 28-year-old actress attended the show to support her former Ugly Betty co-star Judith Light, who stars in the play.
Earlier in the week, America was in Washington, D.C. to make her voice heard on comprehensive immigration reform. America, who is a co-chair of the non-partisan organization Voto Latino, was on hand for a press conference to announce the “I’m Ready for Immigration Reform” coalition; the new coalition is made up of diverse national groups demanding immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship.
15+ pictures inside of America Ferrera and others at The Assembled Parties on Broadway… More Here! »
The 73-year-old actress, who played the beloved character Rhoda Morgenstern for numerous years, talked with the publication about her doctor’s diagnosis of possibly three months left to live from leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a rare condition.
“I don’t think of dying,” Valerie said. “I think of being here now.”
Valerie previously battled lung cancer back in 2009.
Our thoughts go out to Valerie and her friends and loved ones during this difficult time.