Jennifer Lopez's Grandmother Dies

Jennifer Lopez's Grandmother Dies

Jennifer Lopez is mourning the death of her beloved grandmother Julia Rodriguez, according to The Daily News.

While performing a concert in Los Angeles, J.Lo‘s maternal grandma passed away on Saturday.

Jennifer is with her family right now,” said Jennifer‘s spokeswoman, Leslie Sloane-Zelnick.

Ms. Lopez, 38, has yet to confirm her pregnancy.

Our condolences to Jennifer and her family –

Getty
  • Former NFL kicker Rob Bironas passed away at 36 - US Weekly
  • Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

My prayers are with Jennifer and her family. I hope that she will take care during this difficult time especially while pregnant…

My prayers are with her right now as she is going through a reallly tough time, my sypthany is with her.

GOD BLESS
Jlo & her fam.

new yorker @ 10/23/2007 at 10:10 am

It’s very symbolic. Usually someone leaves this earth (ex. her grandmother) and another person comes in (ex. her baby). Who knows it may even be a girl (or two lol). Hopefully she will respect that cycle of life as a ‘sign’ and incorporate her grandmothers name somewhere in that childs name.

be strong 4 yourself and the newone to come
much love
prayers 4 you and your familia

jocasta666 @ 10/23/2007 at 10:31 am

@new yorker:
I agree with you about the symbolism.

I hate when it happens though, it’s sad but she knew it would happen one day. That’s no less traumatic.

I hate when that happens.

Happy about her pending mommy-hood, though, and I don’t listen to her music or watch her movies.

JoC

and we should care because..?

seriously jared, why is this news?

This explains why an article I read last night said her Dancing with the Stars performance tonight being pre-taped. The article was about the curse on this year’s season; Marie Osmond collapsins, Jane Seymour’s mother dying, Gloria Estefan backing out of performing for her sick mother, and now this.

My prayers are with them, so sad.

But it was great that she had her grandmother for such a long time bt sad that she never got to meet her great gandbaby.

RIP

At least Jlos mom gets to see her daughter. Her mom said she never sees her anymore. Yeah Jlo, wait til people die to be with your family.

Stop saying she’s pregnant already

By the way, I’m very sorry for the Lopez family over their loss

I wonder how long ago La Lopez visisted her family? It must be a real shame be to have missed out on your grandma bcoz of her fame. She doesn’t seem to spoil her family despite all her wealt. You see those rich celebrities taking their family on vacation once in a while. Never J.LO, and she was quite a show before Marc came along.

my symathy go out to jennifer lopez family.

# 16 koko. I have seen many pictures of j.lo with her mom (not fancy vacations, just strolling around the city). She talked about her mom and grand mom at most of late night show appearences. Who are we to judge her family relations not really knowing what they do when out of the spot light.

3 18 Katie N
i completly agree people should mind their own. it’s noone business celebs perfer to do when their not infront of a camera.

it’s crazy how people feel they are intitled to know everthing about a particular celeb.

Koko, you are an idiot, you should be embarrased.

Her mother won tons of money in Vegas I’m sure she can take herself on an expensive vacay.

It is really symbolic and weird the way these things happen. Death comes to bring new life in a way. Sad, but necessary.

the_original_nika @ 10/23/2007 at 3:40 pm

R.I.P

May she rest in peace.

I’m horrified when the day any of my relatives pass away. That has yet to happen to me, and I don’t know how it feels. Thats why I feel weird trying to comfort someone who has had a death in the family. Saying “sorry to hear that” just seems kind of stupid from someone who knows nothing IMO. Maybe its just me.

my prayers 2 jennifer and her family…..
she may rest in peace.i know how painfull it is since i lost my dad 4 years ago……..

Many of you here don’t have feelings obviously so don’t bother posting!

R.I.P. Jen’s Grandma

angel_malani @ 12/07/2007 at 3:49 am

I know how it feels to lose someone close. I have had 11 deaths between 01′ and 07′, to include my father, husband, godchild and a recent miscarriage. Stay strong J.Lo. Denise

angel_malani @ 12/07/2007 at 4:04 am

P.S. J.Lo., right now the #1 priority is that angel inside your tummy! I understand that you feel that you OWE your fans, but right now you owe your angel your undivided attention. Please don’t take this joy inside of you for granted. It’s too wonderful. I just miscarried June 07′, but have been blessed with another angel myself inside of me. Indulge in this moment. Don’t let the time pass you by! LIFE IS TO PRECIOUS! Denise