Miley Cyrus Performs at the 2008 CMT Music Awards

Miley Cyrus Performs at the 2008 CMT Music Awards

Miley Cyrus performs duet “Ready, Set, Don’t Go” with father Billy Ray onstage during the 2008 CMT Music Awards at the Curb Events Center at Belmont University on Monday in Nashville, Tennessee.

The father-daughter duo hosted the entire event. During their opening segment, Billy Ray joked about how popular his daughter really is.

He said, “I know what’s going on here, OK. I didn’t fall off the turnip truck yesterday … it’s pretty obvious what you’re all doing. You’re just using Miley to get to me.”

Miley Cyrus and papa Billy Ray perform “Ready, Set, Don’t Go” at the 2008 CMT Music Awards

55+ pictures inside of Miley Cyrus performing at the 2008 CMT Music Awards…

miley cyrus cmt performance 2008 01
miley cyrus cmt performance 2008 55

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Show All

Cute shoes and I think the dress is fine.

Why is there a different standard just because people haven’t seen her dressed up like this before. If Jessica Alba or Rihanna were wearing that you all would think it looks great.

Can’t sing… umm hello is called strep throat. Give her a little consideration. She is a great role model for kids in comparison to Lindsey and Paris.

I agree she needs to dress more age appropraite.

I really like her outfit too, but is it just me or did it look like she couldn’t walk very well in those heels?

I loved this performance because it sucked so bad Billy ray was good but my gosh i just laughed the whole time she had to have been embaressed you can tell she is a true disney star because she has no talent

what’s with the heels.. tooooo high..
she looks like a hooker.. “What a roll model for children” :S:S
SAD

and don’t blame it on strep throat she talked perfectly fine utterly annoying and on American idol a girl was sick and they told her it was no excuse

anonymous @ 04/15/2008 at 1:13 pm

gees only 15 and showing off the little girls? pleeassseeeeeeeee a little inappropriate

THE DRESSES WERE TERRIBLE AND SHE JUST CANT SING AT ALL ,AND PLEASE DONT SAY SHE WAS SICK BECAUSE SHE TALKED PERFECTLY FINE.THE GIRL SUCKS.SHES SHOWING TO MUCH BOOB FOR A 15 YEAR OLD

Err her voice wrecked her dad’s…

vicki Pasadena, CA @ 04/15/2008 at 1:36 pm

She was flat, flat,flat… cannot carry a tune.

Totaly agree with trw

i WANT those red boots – anyone know where they came from? x

Lovethatdoll @ 04/15/2008 at 1:59 pm

She’s 15, she should dress like she’s 15, whether you have it to flaunt it or not, and BTW – she doesn’t. She looks 15 dressing like she’s 30. And WTF is up with that lip thing she does in her pictures? She looks like a duck!

Jennifer W @ 04/15/2008 at 2:00 pm

i dont know if anyone noticed but if you didnt watch the video again. At 3:40 & 3:41 seconds mIley messes up and goes to say something and then sees that the camera is on her and she stops then turns away. It looks like to me maybe that she was going to say a cuss word but I might be wrong. I love Miley and Billy Ray they did an awesome job and I loved the performance. Im not trying to start anything bad up about Miley or Billy I just wanted to let everyone know what I saw thats it. thank you

rolling eyes @ 04/15/2008 at 2:03 pm

WHAT do people hear when they say she’s talented??!!!!

Did you all not listen to other performances? Have not ever heard other singers? Yet you still say SHE can sing

What is that magic that Hollywood has, that makes them so capable at brainwashing people into believing people with no talent actually have it and should be paid obscene amounts of money, over the everyday folk with amazing voices??!

What that magic so I can brainwash my boss into giving me a raise!

Why does the world get so obsessed with 12 year old girls?

All of Miley’s sibling are rather unfortunate looking.
Well, Trace wasn’t always, but now kind of.
She got all the good genes.

I personally think she sings very well.. that’s not an easy song to sing. It’s personal opinion. I love the tone and uniqueness of her voice.. everyone can have thier own view on it.. it’s not wrong by any means to say she us talented. Have you seen the way she works the stage? impressive.

I dont think dressing mature and elegant says anything about someone..it’s just what she chose because she likes it. I’ve seen teeangers dress WAY WAY worse. She’s fine and she looks gorgeous.

And I def agree with Kate’s comment right below my other one.

Yes, I agree with kate as well..

The fact is, Miley DID have strep throat a day before this show. So her voice did crack here and there, but overall I would say a great solid performance. Heck, I personally think she outsang Taylor Swift. But again, MY opinion.

That long note she sang gave me chills.

You can have a sore throat and sound fine, but have problems singing. I think she did an awesome job. BTW did you hear Taylor Swift perform..she cracked quite a few bad notes too, but I too think she did a great job as well. Singing live isn’t always perfect, that’s what makes it special. Miley did have a few cracks in her voice, but there were also many parts that were done beautifully.

And Miley does have strep throat, check out all the reports on her waiting for a doctor to come and give her medication before leaving for Nashville, before you say it’s not true. Faith Hill also said that she had a sore throat (red carpet interview) and she talked fine but did hit a few bad notes during her duet with Tim and she is an amazing singer. So, it happens to all artists.

As to the outfits I think they were are adorable on her, even at 15. I work in retail and those look very simialr to styles we carry. She looked beautiful. Nothing to revealing…really just cute!

And to those that say she has young kids lookin up to her, well parents raise their kids not Hannah Montana..not Miley Cyrus. And as a parent I love Miley, and I think she is a good role model for my daughter. But my daughter doesn’t model Miley’s clothing style (she is 7) or everything about her, we talk about her music and the messages behind them. We talk about Miley’s love of her family, her faith and how she dreamed big and reached her dreams. We talk about how nothing is impossible and how Nobody’s perfect. My daughter see’s her as someone she’d like as a big sister. (These are her words). So, to me Miley is a good model for my daughter, but she is just one of many.

ALYSSAAAAA @ 04/15/2008 at 3:05 pm

hey. leave miley alone. shes so nice. and super gorgeous.

leave your nasty comments to yourself. k thanks.

if you dont like her, they why are you looking at pictures of her and taking the time to leave nasty comments. get a life

ily milezzzzz