Armless Pianist Wins 'China's Got Talent'

Armless Pianist Wins 'China's Got Talent'

Liu Wei, a 23-year-old man who lost both of his arms when he was 10, has won China’s Got Talent!

Liu was in an electrocution accident but still pursued his dream of being a concert pianist.

He captivated CGT judges when he auditioned by playing Richard Clayderman‘s “Marriage D’Amour” with his toes!!!

Over the weekend, Liu was crowned the show’s winner at Shanghai Stadium, where he performed James Blunt‘s famous ballad “You’re Beautiful.”

Check out his amazing story and performance!

Pianist Liu Wei on China’s Got Talent
Posted to: Liu Wei

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

aw, that’s great :)
he’s rockin the emo hair. luv it.

Christina Aguilera @ 10/12/2010 at 10:47 am

his performance is not amazing AT ALL

rock n roll queen @ 10/12/2010 at 10:48 am

hes simply amazing,just the strength he has to overcome his natural disabilities and even peoples racism and be who he dreams to be is remarkable

BionicArmy @ 10/12/2010 at 10:54 am

This is terrible performance both the piano & song. China’s not got talent just about “touching”

slow. news. day.

Brightside @ 10/12/2010 at 11:03 am

@BionicArmy:
Well, I’d like to see you play the piano with your toes! How typical of the able-bodied to put down a truly inspirational performance by someone who has risen above the challenges that his disabilities present. I doubt there are many here that would do the same. I wish him all the best with his career and his life and hope he doesn’t have to suffer from too much prejudice and negativity from the able-bodied but very small-minded community.

Butter_Fly @ 10/12/2010 at 11:28 am

And here I am proud of the fact that I can pick up a pencil with my toes! But it’s great that he was able to continue to do something that he loves!

so inspiring & brave- i don’t know if i would be courageous to live after an accident like that… what a spirit.

I salute this man for making his life meaningful and an inspiration to others. He may continue to pursue his dreams and do not let others fail him. He loses only his hands but the talent lives on.

I am definitely going to learn to play the piano now. My grandma tried to teach me when I was younger but I was too lazy to put in any real effort and learn. Now, she’s passed away and I wish I had learned from her, but seeing this guy without any arms playing so well makes me want to go and learn for real now.

what an amazing person. He plays wonderfully with his toes!!

Andrew le @ 10/12/2010 at 1:14 pm

Such a beautiful human being. Those negative comments should be ashamed yourself.

Better dead than this way. How does he have sex (if he does)? How does he take a piss? Theres nothing inspirational in this, absolutely nothing. Mabe for the religious nuts and total idiots. Would u sleep with his such a guy? Would u take care of him like u would of a little baby? Oh, isnt he cute when he eats with his feet? Cretins…. I hope he wont live that long, hes a burden to everyone including himself. This is the truth, stop painting it pink.

citizenstrange @ 10/12/2010 at 5:01 pm

Represented by the Broadway Danny Rose Talent Agency.

ravynskye @ 10/12/2010 at 5:15 pm

@ XYZ

Um, yeah… I’m a chick, and I’d do him. XD;;; He’s cute!

As for the HOW of it… WELL, LET’S SEE… A girl could be on top, or doggie style would work JUST FINE.

There are many ways to overcome such things, you just have to be creative. ;)

@XYZ:

I pity anyone who has to know you in real life.

@XYZ:
wow such thoughts ! you must be horrible in real life !

Some of you are such sick puppies. I applaud this guy. He’s made a plus out of what most would deem a minus. Great stuff.

Hate to burst people’s bubble here, but this is fake; not the part of him being armless( which is truly unfortunate) but the actual piano playing….I have been playing for 15 years and I can tell you that the notes to the song and where his toes hit the keys and when they hit the keys DO NOT match at all…I’m pretty sure some might give me a thumbs down but its cool…I understand that ignorance is bliss….

perfect control in his feet

Wow, makes me feel bad not doing something useful when I don’t have the same handicaps as he does.

@XYZ: Why would he be a burden? You know nothing about real love. dont you?

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All