Blake Lively & Leonardo DiCaprio: Great Gatsby Dinner Date!

Blake Lively & Leonardo DiCaprio: Great Gatsby Dinner Date!

Looks like Blake Lively and Leonardo DiCaprio may be teaming up for the movie adaptation of The Great Gatsby!

The two actors shared dinner with director Baz Luhrmann and his crew at NYC’s The Lion on Tuesday (November 2), according to reports.

Baz is set to bring F. Scott Fitzgerald‘s classic book to the big screen with Leo reportedly playing the lead as Jay Gatsby.

Though Amanda Seyfried was rumored to be given the role of Daisy Buchanan, Blake is “being strongly considered,” reports Us Weekly.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Blake Lively as Daisy Buchanan in The Great Gatsby?

• Leah Remini is able to drink now after leaving Scientology- US Weekly
  • Honey Boo Boo competes in a food eating contest - TMZ
  • Elisabeth Hasselbeck doesn't hate Rosie O'Donnell- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to an Irish version of Lorde's hit song 'Royals' - Just Jared Jr
  • True Blood alum Lucy Griffiths exits NBC show Constantine- Entertainment Weekly
  • See how Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes's future baby might look like- Huffington Post
  • How many copies did Robin Thicke's new album Paula sell in Australia?- Lainey Gossip
  • Tracy Morgan is suing Walmart for deadly car crash- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Aubrey O’Day shows off major cleavage for a performance - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 710 » Show All

@JC:

it’s not for certain that Blake is casted. I think in the end she will not get the part. Baz is just workshopping different actresses with Leo at the moment.

Leighton Meester is the best actress on Gossip Girl. I’m not saying Blake isn’t good, but Leighton there’s something about her. Anyway, Blake would be good for this part!

forgotten @ 11/03/2010 at 7:55 pm

uh, what, you decided to remove the fact the Great Gatsby has ALREADY been made into a movie, starring two huge names, Robert Redford and Mia Farrow, in 1974?

Forget Blake Lively, she can be ok, I think Di Caprio is one horrid choice for that role. He certainly can’t fill Robert Redford’s shoes, that’s for sure. This is at best a remake of a movie, not certainly “bringing the book to the big screen”. That has been done (and in a great way) already.

seems like the insider saying she’s strongly considered is her publicists pushing for her. seriously?when will hollywood stop pushing her down our throats? she can’t act for **** and when she does it’s a full on caricature (the town)

@forgotten: leo can play absolutely any role and make it believable. he is a fantastic actor and I know I said he looks like a bulldog (which is true) but he’s the type of actor that doesn’t have to worry about his looks because he’s just that awesome. He’s no brad pitt. Brad Pitt has to have major overhauls on his face or the whole celeb/gossip/movie world shuns him… all looks no talent.

@mari:

I don’t have a strong opinion on her as an actress, but the article itself smacks of publicist speak — her publicist. “Strong contender” and all the rest makes it fairly obvious. She is pretty though, and would look great in the period clothes.

She will fail as a decent Daisy.

@N: i agree, i don’t see her as daisy at all.

@eileener:

she would honestly suck in period clothes. her only appeal is her body and hair. and imagine the hair and make-up, it needs a natural beauty with a stunning and soft face. Blake is too harsh looking in the face and too dependent on her hair to look good.

Blake is attractive but I do not see the depth of talent to pull off the leading role for a movie like Gatsby.She should stick to TV.

No. Anyone but Blake Lively to play Daisy. She’ll butcher it.

CanadaGirl @ 11/03/2010 at 8:21 pm

Blake – no, no, no. Natalie Portman – YES, YES, YES.

CanadaGirl @ 11/03/2010 at 8:22 pm

What did we do to become so fortunate? THREE Leo posts in two days.
*CanadaGirl bows to JJ* Thank you.

blake should play jordan!

she looks old in this pic

CanadaGirl @ 11/03/2010 at 8:27 pm

Daisy is small, delicate and refined. Blake, although beautiful, is too many things that are wrong for this project: modern, young, tall, broad, etc.
(I’m tall so don’t think I’m a tall hater)

@CanadaGirl – Natalie Portman is getting tons of Oscar buzz for “The Swan,” (which I can’t wait to see) and certainly has the acting chops to hold her own opposite Leo. Of the names that have been bandied about thus far, she’s the best choice, I agree.

CanadaGirl @ 11/03/2010 at 8:30 pm

Agreed. The more I think about, the better the fit seems. I didn’t think there was anyone credible or worthy of the role around 30-ish, but I forgot about Natalie. I can’t remember who recommended her name in past threads, but you were spot on.

I am looking forward the partnership they have. good luck blake

I love Natalie Portman, but I think she might make a better Jordan. Or maybe I’m just too stuck on the Mia Farrow look for Daisy. ;) How about Rachel McAdams for Daisy? Another actress I’d love to see Leo work with.

CanadaGirl @ 11/03/2010 at 8:38 pm

I like that combo too, @eileener: . Rachel is good too. I’m not sure if she can play ‘vapid’ well though. Love Rachel – she’s from London, Ontario.

I can’t stand Amanda Seyfried so anyone is better than her.

GOD NO. I don’t usually mind Blake but she needs to grow as an actress before being handed heavy parts like this. She means well and I’m sure in the future she might be okay, but right now she clearly can’t handle anything outside of the Serena Van der Woodsen range. (The Town, anyone?)

There are plenty of other talented actresses in Hollywood that don’t receive as much media attention as her, but more critical acclaim (Rachel McAdams, Zooey Deschanel, Natalie Portman.)
-Amanda Seyfried shoudl play Daisy. She has the acting chops to pull it off and most people seem to like her. Also she fits the character description more than Blake.

I think Blake will do good as Daisy. She has the look for it. I think she’s a better choice than some of the other names people are listing.

CanadaGirl @ 11/03/2010 at 8:56 pm

Actually, @eileener:, what do you think about Rachel as Jordan and Natalie as Daisy? I like that role assignment much better. I don’t like the idea of NP being reduced to a smaller role, and I think that she can handle the multifaceted characterization needed to portray Daisy.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 710 » Show All