Whitney Houston Laid to Rest

Whitney Houston Laid to Rest

Whitney Houston was laid to rest on Sunday (February 19) in a private ceremony held in Westfield, New Jersey.

The singer was buried next to her father, who died in 2003, according to the Associated Press.

Fans reportedly gathered near the funeral home in the morning and some “even slowly ran alongside the hearse as it began the journey to [her] gravesite.”

On Saturday, close friends and family gathered for Whitney‘s invitation-only funeral held at the Newark church where she used to sing as a child.

Whitney died February 11 in Beverly Hills, Calif., at the age of 48.

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
sarafina56 @ 02/19/2012 at 3:34 pm

Goodbye Whitney R.I.P……..

She had such a beautiful voice.
R.I.P.

So much love, Ms. Houston and your family.

May we all be reminded to be a little kinder to ourselves and to each other.

Peace and light, all.

I miss her already :(
RIP Whitney

I am a NEW unsigned artist, and I’m releasing my new single ‘SO READY’ for Free Download exclusively to my Facebook fans once I reach 10,000 “likes” (almost there)

my new single was produced by Alessio Silvestro (Lady Gaga) and Marcus Suarez (Edwin McCain) and co-written by me and Nate Bosley (Selena Gomez, Sam Sparro) Its dancefloor gold!

please help me get to 10,000 “likes” on FACEBOOK by “liking” me here: http://www.facebook.com/BrandonHiltonOfficial + spreading the word

Watched the funeral and found I was moved several times but none as much as watching her coffin leaving the church while listening to her singing I’ll Always Love You. RIP Whitney.

offtheproperty @ 02/19/2012 at 4:34 pm

She always gave us her best.
And her best was always The Best !
Love you always Whitney Houston!!!

I think I still don’t realise it :/ …. Ugh. Rest in Peace Lady Houston, we all will always love you<3

god bless your soul whitney
you will be missed .
no one will ever take your place
you were the greatest of all .

RIP

TIMEKEEPER @ 02/19/2012 at 7:59 pm

I felt like I lost my big sister. It hit me hard at the end of her service when her casket was being wheeled out to her singing ” I will always love you”. It hurts to know how much her handlers stood in the way of her getting the help she needed. I am really not trying to cast a stone , but I feel in my heart Bobby Brown has a lot to do with this. He sure proved me closer to that truth with his public “showout” at her funeral. Was it me, or his big fat ego took over? If he truly loved Whitney as he claimed then why did he go against what was requested of him to attend the funeral? It was Whitney’s day, and the little tu*rd tried to throw in some of his drama. Why oh why did someone just throw his broke a*s*s* out of Whitney’s life before all this happened? It was obvious to me she was not strong enough on her own. Rest in peace Miss Whitney, you will always be missed, we love you dearly.

You forgot @ 02/19/2012 at 9:14 pm

Loved her and her acting.
May she find peace that she did not find her.

@Brandon Hilton:

Seriously. STOP! Trust me, this is not getting you any new fans . . .

R.I.P Whitney @ 02/19/2012 at 10:34 pm

I’m going to miss whitney but I’ll never forget about her! I’m still going to listen to her music like if she’s still alive! she had a nice voice and knew how to use it!

RIP Whitney.. We will always love you.

Every time I see her pic now, my eyes tear up. I miss her already! :(

julia njeru @ 02/20/2012 at 1:36 am

i really loved you and your songs Whitney ,I miss u already.Will forever listen to your lovely music.R.I.P my star.

First I’d like to say “Goodbye to Whitney”, she is the greatest!, second I hate the fact that the news, tried to say what happen to her before they knew anything…. a persons past is not to be judged, she was seeking help, and getting some, hopefully that counts for something!…. People say “God took her to early”, I say “God took her, because we had her so long, and now it’s his turn to have her… in heaven….. God like her voice too”. She will be missed, and news people get the facts first, then report the news!.

To the beautiful Whitney Houston, you can rest in peace now. Nobody can hurt you anymore. The demons that plagued your life are gone now, I will miss you terribly. There will never be anyone like you again.

will miss you greatly! RIP Whitney!!!!

Stephanie Nixon @ 02/20/2012 at 3:52 am

I miss you Whitney, may you have peace and rest in the arms of the Lord! You will always be in my heart and thanks for sharing your beautiful gift with the world.

Jane Patton @ 02/20/2012 at 6:57 am

Goodby beautiful lady. The greatest voice of all time!

RIP you wonderful being.

WELL THINGS LIKE THAT ARE REALLY BAD AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO IF THAT WAS ME IN THAT MATTER I FELL BAD FOR BOBBIEKRISTINA AND I LOVE THEM ALL SHE IS FROM THE SAME CITY JERSEY LOVE NIPPY ALWAYS JERSEY 5000

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All