Keira Knightley: New 'Anna Karenina' Stills

Keira Knightley: New 'Anna Karenina' Stills

Check out Keira Knightley and Aaron Johnson in these stills from their upcoming film, Anna Karenina!

The 26-year-old actress stars as the title character in the adaptation of Leo Tolstoy’s classic novel. Keira is joined by Jude Law and Aaron Johnson. Joe Wright, who also directed Pride & Prejudice, is directing the film.

The story is set in late 19th century Russia, where Anna (Knightley) is trapped in a loveless marriage with Alexei (Law). She finds solace in the arms of Count Vronsky (Johnson), but her infidelity leads to more serious complications than she imagined.

Keep a lookout for more stills from Anna Karenina!

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Maria Cruz @ 02/29/2012 at 10:14 pm

Michelle Dockery should have gotten the lead. She is such a talent it’s insane. More Michelle!

Keira is great. She has proven she can handle any role and Joe Wright knows his actors. I’m sure Keira did a great job with the role.

futuremrsdicaprio @ 02/29/2012 at 10:20 pm

Yes! I have been waiting so patiently for a this film. Kiera is a BRILLIANT actress, and I love Joe Wright’s aesthetic vision, the way every frame looks like a portrait. I get chills watching his movies. Pride and Prejudice is the only film I’ve watched more than once. Not sure about casting Johnson (Kick Ass, right?), but that won’t stop me from seeing this!

Im excited for this!!!

Johnson is the right pick here. His performance as the young John Lennon in No where Child was superb. He is going to be a great star x

aren’t you sick of seeing Keira in all these period pieces?! I think she should do something different for a change b/c all her characters are the same…

kingkayski @ 03/01/2012 at 12:18 am

Anna Karenina is supposed to be pretty isn’t she ,not bony and flat chested like Kiera.Nobody can replaced Vivienne Leigh as Anna K.Kiera should stop playng these peroid pieces roles ,it doesn’t suit her.

@kingkayski:
If she put 15lb on, bettered her posture, maybe she could atempt to potray Anna.
The way she looks, as my Russian friend said the other they,she could play a servant or a sick woman from that time in history, not a glamorous, beautful sociaty woman.
I guess she didn’t read the book.

@Ze:
As for aaron, yes he was great in Nowhere Boy, but Vronski was a balding bachelor and Aaron is 21 years old.

Keira Knightley is one of the fugliest women ever in Hollywood. I’m so over her ridiculous square face and short stumpy legs.

Keira is a gift from God for our generation. You think about actresses who are so incredibly beautiful, yet live their lives in a wholesome manner. Count em on one hand.

WONDER TO SEE..

I loved the book and I’m a little bit afraid for the movie. I mean Keira is a good actress, but protraying Anna Karenina? No way.
It is so not the way I imagined her while reading the book.
And I’m sorry but Joe Wrigh’s Pride and Prejudice was bad.
And Matthew McFayden as Mr Darcy was suuuuuch terrible a mistake. Talk about 0 charisma. So I wouldn’t trust JW for a good casting

even john wayne mixed it more up

futuremrsdicaprio @ 03/01/2012 at 9:38 am

@Lil’: Darcy isn’t supposed to be charismatic. It’s PRIDE and Prejudice, remember? I’ll admit I’ve never read the book, so you might be right about Kiera not fitting the character as it’s portrayed in the book, but Kiera is a brilliant actress. @Nika: Just go to her IMDB page, because it would take me forever to list all the films she’s done that AREN’T “period pieces.” Just a few, she has one coming up with Steve Carrell, she’s recently done London Boulevard, Last Night, Never Let me Go…

futuremrsdicaprio @ 03/01/2012 at 9:54 am

*I’ve never read the Anna Karenina book, just to clarify. I’ve devoured pride and Prejudice a million times, in book and film :D

@Lil Exactly! Sorry, but he ruined the film! It was horrible! He was so not Mr Darcy! Brrr. There’s just one Mr. Darcy: Colin Firth ;-)

I read the Anna Karenina book and am so excited for the film. Jude Law must be great as the cold husband who just want to fulfill society’s expectations. I must admit I didn’t imagine Anna Karenine like Keira – isn’t Anna supposed to be blonde? But anyway, Keira is a great actress, so I’m still excited ;-)

Watching it for Jude Law. Can’t wait.

@shambolic:
Anybody who loves this book knows that the casting is all wrong.
Anna, beautifull woman full figure has a 10 year old boy-Keira totally wrong.
Vronski-bolding, lived through a lot-Aeron 21 years-wrong.
Jude-great actor, but he is Anna’s 20 years senior.Jude and Keira are only 12 years apart.He is the best choice.
Than in the last adaptation the casting was PERFECT- Sean Bean, Sophie Marceau(spot on) and James Fox—and the movie didn’t work out.
It was a terible screen adaptation, acting and casting excellent, so you never know.

@anna: Hahah agreed. But aaron look mature for 21 yrs old with 2 child. He will look smashing as balding Vronski :))

@futuremrsdicaprio: You’ve read the book a million times and you loved the movie??? How is it even possible. I mean you’re the only true fan of the book that i know who really loved it.
Mr Darcy IS supposed to be charismatic; When he enters the ballroom for the first evrybody, EVERYBODY, notice him. He is the center of attention. That’s just his despicable behaviuor that drags everyboday away.
Have you seen the BBC version? You must

And the way Joe Wrigh betrayed Pride and Prejudice (in so many way, not just the casting), makes me think he will do no justice to Anna Karenina

futuremrsdicaprio @ 03/02/2012 at 10:48 am

@Lil’: Turning books into movies never pleases everyone. Yes I’ve seen every film adaptation of P&P and liked each one for whatever different thing it brought to the table. And I don’t see how charisma goes hand in hand with driving people away, the way you say, but I thought Matthew showed Darcy perfectly as tragic instead of charismatic. Because Darcy is kind of tragic, isn’t he, having his loyalty for friends and family mistaken for pride? But the HOTTEST Darcy, IMO, isElliot Cowan, from Lost in Austen. Have you seen that?? He even does the Colin bit where he ducks into a lake, SOOOO sexy lol. I guess we’ll see what Joe does with this book.