Angelina Jolie Addresses Leg-Baring Oscar Pose

Angelina Jolie Addresses Leg-Baring Oscar Pose

Angelina Jolie is speaking out for the first time about her much-buzzed about pose at this year’s Academy Awards.

The 36-year-old actress showed some leg in an Atelier Versace gown both on the red carpet and on stage at the Oscars – a move that led to her right leg even getting its own Twitter page!

“I honestly didn’t pay attention to it. You know what I mean? I don’t watch those TV shows and if I go online and see something about myself, I don’t click on it,” Angelina told The Huffington Post.

“And the people I surround myself with don’t really talk about that kind of stuff,” she added with a laugh. “I heard something, but I didn’t pay any attention. It’s as simple as a being a woman picking a dress you like and having a night, and not really thinking about anything else.”

And there you have it!

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 716 » Show All

but surely she realises that she looked ridiculous..

YEAH!!!!!…and what a night. Way to go Angie!

Best joke ever!!!! @ 03/23/2012 at 5:35 pm

hahahahhahahahahahaha

women have been sticking their legs out of high slit dresses for ages….the media is so bored.

I just don’t buy it that she didn’t know about it – I couldn’t avoid hearing about it!!! The most annoying news story ever.

she’s so ugly.

She’s so out of touch with the real world. I mean cmon. She made out with her brother and kept a vial of blood of Billy Bob around her neck.

As easy and simple as that, good girl. Love this lady, well done

Now she just keep giving interviews for nothing…. everything to stay on the news….. Since when she became such a media wh*re??? Sad,sad, sad

Oh and she cared about it ok, so much that she had to speak about it, she is such a liar.

She is so Beautiful!! She looked very beautiful in this dress!!

@shac: While presenting an award, though? It’s not the media making fun of her for it. It’s the whole world. People on tumblr, Jim Rash etc…

Passing Through @ 03/23/2012 at 5:50 pm

# 350 Golddustwoman @ 03/23/2012 at 1:57 pm
• When the producers of James Bond were desperate to find the right new Bond (before deciding on Daniel Craig) and couldn’t see the right candidate anywhere, they actually considered changing the sex of the famous spy to allow Angelina to take over. They reckoned she was the only ‘man’ for the job.
+++++++++++++++++++++
GDW -
This isn’t accurate. Angie wasn’t approached to be the new Bond. She was approached about being the Bond girl in Daniel Craig’s first Bond movie. That’s when she said she told Amy Pascal that she didn’t want to be a Bond girl – SHE WANTED TO BE BOND. A few years later, after Tiny Tom dropped Edward Salt because he thought it was too similar to his MI character, Sony co-prez Amy Pascal asked Angie if she was interested and when Angie said yes they changed Salt from a man to a woman and rewrote the script specifically for Angie. Any other actress would give her eye-teeth to be a Bond Girl – but not Angie. That’s why she’s bad ass and every other actress out there is a wannabe bad ass making shittty romcoms.

Passing Through @ 03/23/2012 at 5:50 pm

# 350 Golddustwoman @ 03/23/2012 at 1:57 pm
Oh yeah…one other thing…didn’t really care for the Madge reference. If it’s an article extolling Angie’s individuality and pointint out that she’s not who the media says she is, then it needs to stay focused on her and not bring other celebs into it. Plus…I just don’t like Madge…LOL!

Passing Through @ 03/23/2012 at 5:51 pm

# 354 bizzy bee @ 03/23/2012 at 2:34 pm
Passing Through #309
Read somewhere last year Brad was going to play John Lennon. Do you know if this was true, or just more name-dropping.
++++++++++++++++++++++++
LMAO. I don’t know how I missed this one. Obviously I’m not privvy to Brad’s work plans, but this sounds like the usual name-dropping to hype interest to me. Brad couldn’t pull of British accents in for Snatch or Troy…but he’s going to try to imitate Lennon’s funky Liverpudlian accent? I just can’t even imagine that…

Jolie má pravdu toľko nevraživosti a hlúposti už zaznelo na jej adresu , že keby ivšetko vnímala tak by sa z toho zblázdnila. Angelína je super a ak budú všetci kritici pomáhať vo svete tak ako Jolie potom majú právo kritizovať.

What’s the fuss about it! She had a beautiful dress and she was sexy as hell deal with it, the media is so boring and stupid.

It is very easy for people to sit behind computers & criticize. Unfortunately people doing that are either young, fat & ugly or old and dated like Joan Rivers.
If you had legs like Jolie would have been selling them around. stop being invejosas & appreciate the beauty, it is to be seen!!

There are only two beautiful people in show business AJ and Angelina Jolie!!
Tchau

She is so full of it, she lies with impunity … didn’t know that all of Hollywood was laughing at her, besides the media storm the next day, I heard she was the biggest joke a the Vanity Fair after party, I might believe she didn’t know when she left the stage because she was obviously on something, but unless she lives in LaLa land this lying anorexia narcissist knew.

i dont believe this post,because angelina would never talk to huffington post. you can tell when brad and angelina is out of the spotlight,we get all this nonsense. why no one is talking about who won the oscar. and another no one gave mark walberg credit for stating weinstein would do a sweep on the academy,but we comment on a leg.

William Shakes @ 03/23/2012 at 5:55 pm

I think the lady doth protest too much.

alw, you’re probably right, this comment is very unlike Angelina.

I love love love her…yeah, it wasn’t her finest moment but the attention it got was ridiculous.

Formality @ 03/23/2012 at 6:08 pm

*****, you knew what you were doing. Stay fake, heifer.

hmhmhmhh… wish got that legz!!!

jared – check your grammar in paragrah #4 …. “it’s as simple as a being a woman ….” ?? As for Angie, i don’t think she has the time to sit around and worry about what she will or will not do at an awards ceremony; her life is far too busy and rewarding to ponder if she should stick her leg out or not. She doesn’t need to attract attention – it just naturally comes to her.

I’m absolutely sure she watched this video. At least once. She’s so into ONU and humanitarian work.. she must be well-informed. I just don’t understand why she always want to appear as a “off media” women. The media pays her bills!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 716 » Show All