Jessica Simpson Gives Birth to Baby Girl Maxwell!

Jessica Simpson Gives Birth to Baby Girl Maxwell!

Jessica Simpson and fiance Eric Johnson are the proud parents of a daughter!

Eric and I are elated to announce the birth of our baby girl Maxwell Drew Johnson,” the 31-year-old entertainer wrote on her website.

“We are so grateful for all of the love, support and prayers we have received. This has been the greatest experience of our lives!!” the statement added.

The newborn weighed in at 9 lbs., 13 oz. Baby Maxwell reportedly got her middle name from her maternal grandmother, Tina Simpson, whose maiden name is Drew.

“I can’t wait for the day I can walk in heels again! My feet feel homesick!” Jess tweeted late last month. “I just woke up from a dream that I wore a leopard caftan in the hospital. Fabulous!! Now I need to find one!”

This is the first child for Jessica and Eric, who previously said they would tie the knot after the baby was born.

Congrats to the happy family!!!

Jesse Grant/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All

F*cking finally.

speaktruth @ 05/01/2012 at 12:04 pm

About time! I was getting worried the baby was gonna eat her up if it lasted any longer in her lol

Maxwell? For a GIRL?? Nicer than Maxine or something but hmmm not really as normal as she said it’d be.
She said it would be obvious why she chose the name, anyone able to fill me in on why? Honestly I don’t know, Im not being sarcastic, just curious

Well definitely true Jared: http://www.jessicasimpson.com/

XOXO

First off, finally, and congrats! Secondly, Maxwell?….

pretty lady @ 05/01/2012 at 12:23 pm

Finally! Big baby girl. But- maxell for a girl? that is a horriblr name choice- sort of like a boynamed sue. A girl named maxwell? they could have justcalled her Frank or Tom or Bob or some other MALE name. Wait, are they gonna let her choose her own gender identity too?

Maxwell???????
Is she WELL??! Btw, isnt this name for a boy, or maybe it is a last name?

um the name is secondary as long as mother and child are healthy and in this case it’s to honor her dad who’s middle name is Maxwell there are plenty of names used for both girls and boys Ashley Carroll Joey & Marion among them grow up

9 lbs., 13 oz. ? What was the other 70 lbs.? And before someone says, ” you’ve never had a baby, I’ve had two.”

Wow, she seemed to be pregnant for ages.
That’s a good news and a bad name…

Finally! But congratulations to both of them

bobjustbob @ 05/01/2012 at 12:38 pm

Surprised she did not give birth to a full size child considering how girnormous she was. Weird name for a girl yet she said it was not a strange one. Maybe in her pea-size pain it”s not. Guess she will be called Maxi for short, as in “Maxi Pad” LOL.

I was sure she was having twins. Really irresponsible to gain that much weight. Drew is also Nick Lachay’s brothers name. You’d think shed have given her the middle name Tina.

Finally! Jess has been pregnant for like a year or something!

safireskeye @ 05/01/2012 at 12:43 pm

1 baby?! Hospital?! I really expected this story to say “Jessica Gives Birth to Her Litter Under the Stairs!”

safireskeye @ 05/01/2012 at 12:44 pm

Oh, and Maxwell Drew Johnson? Sounds like the name of a linebacker.

FINALLY!!!!!!!! Congrats!

Congrats to Jessica and Eric! xoxo

ALELUYA!!!!!

I was kinda concerned about what she was gestating in her belly

KyelJordan @ 05/01/2012 at 12:51 pm

@Kaylee: I was thinking the exact same thing. I thought she would’ve named her Daisy after her beloved dog that was killed.

Finally!! Congrats

Congratulations pretty lady and to your hubby to be , this is wonderful news and you have a womping size bundle of pink ,close to 10 pds , WOW!!she must be a chubby one with a cutie pie face.. The little girl next door to us is Maxie and i love the name on her. Her full name is Max Leigh Anne but you never hear anything other than Maxie..except .the children who play with her call her Max. It probably will be the same for Jess’s little girl. Have a wonderful life you deserve it.

Hope she has constant help or that baby will end up in the dryer or forgotten on top of the car as she drives away.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All