Laura Linney Welcomes Baby Boy Bennett at Age 49!

Laura Linney Welcomes Baby Boy Bennett at Age 49!

Laura Linney and her husband Marc Schauer have welcomed a baby boy, her rep confirms to JustJared.com!

The 49-year-old actress, who kept her pregnancy a secret, gave birth to their baby boy Bennett Armistead last Wednesday (January 8).

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Laura Linney

Bennett is the first child for Laura and Marc, who tied the knot in May 2009 after being engaged for two years.

“They are very happy,” her rep shared about their engagement.

People were the first to report the news.

Congrats to the happy couple on their new bundle of joy!

Photos: Getty
Posted to: Birth, Laura Linney, Marc Schauer

Getty

She’s lovely, congrats to her.

Congrats to Laura! : ) Love her. I really miss the Big C!

Ourhy4104 @ 01/17/2014 at 6:04 pm

my friend’s aunt makes $75 /hour on the laptop . She has been out of work for six months but last month her paycheck was $18260 just working on the laptop for a few hours. go fox800.­com

Handelman @ 01/17/2014 at 6:14 pm

@Christopher Smith: Bug off. My grandmother had my father at 49 and she lived until 95.

And she had my father in the 1920s.

This is so great, Laura is so sweet! They deserve all happiness in the world!

@Handelman: Relax. People are allowed to have that opinion. I have to agree. I can’t imagine being almost 50, about to go through menopause and taking care of a baby.

@Handelman: wow this is great news for me seeing i have not had a kid yet and I am 40 years old, i love hearing stories about people who are in their 40′s having their first child, gives me hope and congrats to Laura and her hubby!! :)

What a thrill for them. Wonderful news!

you go laura! so happy for u )

Many congratulations to the new parents!

Most likely donor eggs at her age. It is a disservice to perpetuate this myth that it is easy to get pregnant after 40. Shame on these celebrities.http://www.fertilityassociates.co.nz/understanding-your-fertility/facts-you-need-to-know.aspx

Siennagold @ 01/18/2014 at 12:26 am

I’m happy for them. If u are fit and healthy in your 40s and want to gave a kid, then go for it!

Congratulations to her and her family. This is very happy news!

Hope their new child is healthy, no matter how he came to be. Congrats!

Fluffyflake @ 01/18/2014 at 5:07 am

@Christopher Smith: I totally agree with you.

Josephine @ 01/18/2014 at 6:08 am

@Sally:

No one says it’s easy but it’s possible. Both my grandmother and my aunt gave birth in their 40′s and they didn’t even think or could think about donor eggs or fertility treatments. Every woman and every situation is different.

@ForMe: Then don’t have a baby at that age. This isn’t about you.

So happy for her!! She is one of our finest actresses. Age 49 these days is not what it used to be … people take better care of themselves and live longer, etc., for the most part. I’m thrilled for her and her husband – and Bennett is a cute name :)

Intheknow @ 01/18/2014 at 7:28 pm

Well, I know everyone thinks this is great. And while I wish Linney no ill will, having a child at age 50 (she turns 50 next month) is not really advisable on many levels, some perhaps yet to be seen. Between ages 20 and 50 you have a lot of vitality. However, your health does begin to erode between 50 and 70 much quicker than it ever did between 20 and 50. Much quicker. When this child is a mere 20, he will have a woman who is his mother, but more the age of a grandmother, as most people begin to become GRANDPARENTS at age 50 NOT first time moms. I could go on and on but the rah-rah people living in fantasy land will take umbrage and attack, so suffice it to say MOST women are NOT looking to give birth at age 50. No one wants to be retiring at age 62 or 66 and still raising a teenager. Again, that is grandparent time.

Intheknow @ 01/18/2014 at 7:29 pm

@Diedre: No one who isn’t selfish would. End of story.

Logically speaking, she is not too old to have a baby because she had one. Since she was healthy enough to conceive, carry and bear a child she must be healthy enough to raise a child. She is no more selfish than any other mom who wants to share her life with a child. So what if she is 70 when the kid is 21? I don’t see many 40 year olds out playing touch football with their 20 year olds! This is just another opportunity for people to age shame a woman for making a decision that plenty of men older than her make and nobody says a word! Nobody told Elton John —oh you’re too old, oh since you need to use a surrogate you should’nt be having a baby! I look forward to a time period when women can support each other’s life choices instead of just passing judgement, even if you don’t think it’s something you would choose for yourself.