Charlize Theron Slams Gluten-Free Diet on 'Chelsea Lately' - Watch Now!

Charlize Theron Slams Gluten-Free Diet on 'Chelsea Lately' - Watch Now!

Charlize Theron rocks a “82 Blond” top while exiting a yoga class at Yogaworks on Friday (May 23) in West Hollywood, Calif.

The day before, the 38-year-old actress looked casual and comfy while heading to an office building.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Charlize Theron

Charlize recently made an appearance on Chelsea Lately and talked about getting gluten-free cupcakes from host Chelsea Handler.

“I just think that if you are gonna send a gift, let it be enjoyable. Why send me a f—— cupcake with no sugar in it? What’s the use…? It tastes like cardboard!” Charlize shared on the show.

She added, “I think the gluten-free thing is bulls—… I don’t believe it and I think studies now recently just proved that it is bulls—.” Watch the video!

Charlize Theron – Chelsea Lately

FYI: Charlize is wearing a Karma El Khalil necklace on Chelsea Lately. She is wearing a Junk Food Clothing tank top at the gym.

charlize theron gluten free diet is bs 01
charlize theron gluten free diet is bs 02
charlize theron gluten free diet is bs 03
charlize theron gluten free diet is bs 04
charlize theron gluten free diet is bs 05

Photos: FameFlynet
Posted to: Charlize Theron

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

Love her…Americans have these silly diets
Anything to make excuses for their fat a$$es

love CT
can’t stand CH
CT is right though, don’t have a party and serve cardboard

I love this chick, she is so real lol

I agree with Charlize what’s the point of eating a cupcake if its sugar free and tastes like cardboard. I think people get way to crazy with heath food.

I like Charlize Theron but sometimes she says the most crack-headed things.

Some people are actually angry because she made these comments about gluten. She’s actually making fun of Chelsea for following the gluten free trend.

Charlize took the words out of my mouth about gluten-free food, she’s such a cool chick.

@ForMe: pretty sure her BFF maniston convinced her to go gluten free, won’t be surprised at all. Both maniston and handler are still uglier than hell regardless what diets and cosmetic treatments they use. Charlize seems to eat whatever she pleases and is one of the most truly stunning women in the world. I side with Theron :D

Not bs for everyone @ 05/24/2014 at 10:07 pm

If she had the misfortune of having Celiac Disease she would eat her words…gluten makes your intestines attack themselves and it is very painful…not fun.

Eww, crass, no class. @ 05/24/2014 at 10:10 pm

Eww, if CT is friends with CH, it makes me question her.

@6
totally agree. People need to chill
I read on another site some chic is going apesh$t over this and likening CT to a racist (saying she turned a blink eye to this she must have turned a blind eye to injustice back home in S Africa) LOL Jump to conclusions much??
…also calling her a heartless B.
Really??
I mean on one hand celebs should be careful what they say but on the other people need to be adults and take responsibility for their own lives. So what if CT doesn’t like it or believe in it. Its her right.
Be an adult and do your own research and stop looking to celebs or blaming them for every little thing.

For those of us with either wheat allergies or celiac disease, going gluten free is a way of life! Seven yrs ago I developed a wheat allergy and while there are a lot of gluten-free foods that do indeed taste like cardboard (or a mixture of wet cardboard and sawdust!) there are some that are really good! And that includes cupcakes! Just a matter of trial and error in finding what is good and what isn’t! Why anyone who doesn’t have to be on this diet does it is beyond me! For me the consequences of “cheating” are too debilitating to even consider it! So if Chelsea wants to serve her guests gluten-free foods,the least she could do is offer the oes that taste good!

You’re better off having that one cupcake than eating the foreign crap cupcake someone tried to reformulate. If you want it have it in moderation and enjoy!

I say leave all the artificial sweeteners and fat free crap alone.

Not bs for everyone @ 05/24/2014 at 10:29 pm

@Debbie: Well likening her comments to racism is going WAAAY too far, but her statement will naturally rub people with Celiac the wrong way because they have to be on a gluten free diet to survive, it’s not just a trendy diet for them, it’s a serious health problem…same with diabetics having to limit sugar to survive. It’s easy for people to scoff at someone else when the shoe is on the other foot.
I have always liked Charlize and I still like her, but I’m disappointed that she would make such an insensitive statement.

Ugonna Wosu @ 05/24/2014 at 11:13 pm

@Not bs for everyone: I think she was talking about the diet as a fad, a trend, and not about whether or not it helps with Celiac disease. She could have been more careful with her words, but I don’t think she meant to offend anyone.

A very small minority have this disease, so while its not an excuse, I can see why they’d be overlooked in the discussion.

Really chill when they are people out there that have celiac yes ..that it what a gluten free diet is… Just like Mr Silver had the right to his opinion too! why did Chelsea send them to her? So finding out that people do have dietary problems , Yes Chelsea get together with Jimmy Kimmel who did that stupid stunt of asking people what a gluten free diet was. Only people that have the dietary problem have to deal with it!

Like her black son ho is going to grow upend find out what being black
Is really like!

So true! there are tons of things naturally gluten free, it’s when you try to make something a Frankenfood that you destroy it and make it inedible

I say eating a cupcake isn’t an every day thing – make it awesome!

Pat Bedson @ 05/24/2014 at 11:49 pm

Gluten Free cupcakes are not FREE OF SUGAR. Look if you are going to make a joke about Gluten Free GET IT RIGHT. People with Celiac Disease which in 1 in 133 Americans have it (BUT IT GOES UNDIAGNOSED) have this problem and that includes Children. Look you were all willing to fire the Guy on Duck Dynasty because he said he did not believe in Gay Marriage and that is only 2% of the population. This Celiac is an Auto Immune Disease AND PEOPLE CAN DIE FROM IT. It effects Children as well as Adults. Picture if you were a Child and most of the things children eat YOU COULD NOT. Celiac is growing and right now it is 3,000,000 but it is expected to grow to 6 million in a few years. I guess when someone you know has it then MAYBE people like Charlize Theron will not be so CRUEL.

@Eww, crass, no class.: Yes, thank you. CH is her friend they must have similar things in common. Makes me look at CT sideways.

Pat Bedson @ 05/24/2014 at 11:57 pm

One more thing by the way Jennifer Esposito the actress from TAXI and BLUE BLOODS has CELIAC DISEASE and nearly DIED of it. Her twitter account did not find what Charlize Theron did was funny either https://twitter.com/JennifersWayJE

CHILDREN GET CELIAC DISEASE REMEMBER THAT WHEN YOU THINK IT IS FUNNY. http://allergicliving.com/2014/05/23/a-celiac-story-from-cancer-diagnosis-to-gluten-free-health/

Go laugh Charlize Theron YOU THINK SOMEONE’S CONDITION IS FUNNY. You are really a horrible person

@Pat Bedson: So basically so are saying that CT confused gluten free with low carb?

Pat Bedson @ 05/24/2014 at 11:59 pm

From Jennifer Esposito website @JennifersWayJE Have you seen the video by Charlize Theron how she puts down people who are eating Gluten Free. http://celeb.bz/Rg1hSO

Pat Bedson @ 05/25/2014 at 12:27 am

Read this: http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/glutenfreefoodshopping/f/Is-Sugar-Gluten-free.htm Gluten Free items contain sugar. Remember this is an Auto Immune Disease CELIAC DISEASE. One must ask themselves this question, if this ACTRESS said the same horrible thing about blacks and gays NOT WANTING THEM AT HER HOUSE which is what she said about people who eat Gluten Free and Celiacs have NO CHOICE BUT TO EAT GLUTEN FREE. However from what I heard Charlize say if you cannot eat a Gluten cake you cannot come to my house, that is the same as saying a black or a gay is not welcome at my house because I would not want to see to gays KISS. Celiacs cannot eat Gluten and Charlize is saying that if you cannot eat the same things as she eats at her parties then YOU HAVE TO LEAVE and she would be arrogant towards you. SHE DID NOT EXCLUDE CELIACS. She really should apologize for this SKIT.

Neil Gold @ 05/25/2014 at 3:16 am

One more thing. The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart Wife and Son both have Celiac Disease and I am sure Mr. Stewart must worry about his little boys health and as well as his wife’s everyday. However from how Charlize Theron doesn’t want you eating cake that is Gluten Free because you have Celiac, I am sure Jon Stewarts Wife and Son would never be allowed into Charlize Theron house because she would be cruel enough to tell Jon’s son to GET OUT because his little boy cannot eat GLUTEN http://glutenfreefun.blogspot.com/2013/10/2013-celiac-disease-center-at-columbia.html

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All