Rachelle Lefevre: The Casting Change Sucks!

Rachelle Lefevre: The Casting Change Sucks!

Rachelle Lefevre is speaking out on yesterday’s announcement that Bryce Dallas Howard would be replacing her as the villain Victoria in the third installment of the Twilight franchise, Eclipse.

“I was stunned by Summit [Entertainment]’s decision to recast the role of Victoria for Eclipse,” Rachelle said in a statement to Access Hollywood. “I was fully committed to the Twilight saga, and to the portrayal of Victoria. I turned down several other film opportunities and, in accordance with my contractual rights, accepted only roles that would involve very short shooting schedules. My commitment to Barney’s Version is only ten days. Summit picked up my option for Eclipse. Although the production schedule for Eclipse is over three months long, Summit said they had a conflict during those ten days and would not accommodate me. Given the length of filming for Eclipse, never did I fathom I would lose the role over a 10 day overlap. I was happy with my contract with Summit and was fully prepared to continue to honor it. Summit chose simply to recast the part.”

The 30-year-old actress continued, “I am greatly saddened that I will not get to complete my portrayal of Victoria for the Twilight audience. This is a story, a theatrical journey and a character that I truly love and about which I am very passionate. I will be forever grateful to the fan support and loyalty I’ve received since being cast for this role, and I am hurt deeply by Summit’s surprising decision to move on without me. I wish the cast and crew of Eclipse only the very best.”

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Show All

I Loved the old Victoria. Such a shame. Def not a Howard fan, don’t think she can play the villain, don’t really think she can play anything but we’ll have to see.

@yashi: Awwww.. it is so cute when six year olds try to type and act all grown up. Even if they are so silly and immature.

THAT JUST TOTALLY SUCKS!

Double Dragon @ 07/29/2009 at 8:12 pm

I loved her as Victoria!!! And I actually thought she was one that gave really good interviews for the movie. How can they do this? What a stupid move. There is only one original Victoria and she will ALWAYS be Victoria no matter who they think they can get to replace her. The new person will never measure up because people aren’t replaceable :(

i agree with #23.

Ron Howard probably insisted to let her daughter replace Victoria since it’s a good opportunity for her daughter to be known.

the twilight fans are going to freak on the new actress and summit… they better bring Rachelle back or thwy’ll see an international movement on them =P

What d*mn idiot in the movie industry makes these decisions??? They did it with the Evie part in The Mummy 3, they did it with Terrence Howard in Iron Man 2, and now this!! They seriously suck, yet another movie I won’t bother paying to watch. People invest in these characters and the actors who portray them and it’s just not the same when the characters/actors are switched out like this. F*ck Hollywood, I’ll be buying my bootleg copy now and save myself some money instead of trying to be good and putting it in the hands of a-holes who don’t give a sh*t whether I, the movie-goer, am happy or not.

Double Dragon @ 07/29/2009 at 8:16 pm

@: They should have cast her in a new role or made a new character for her. There were plenty of other openings. This is very sad. I liked her in the role and thought she played her part well. Again…people aren’t replaceable. Just because they get another actress with red hair won’t make her “Victoria”.

It’s possible those ten days were crucial for location or other actor’s schedules. She committed to Twilight first, so that should have come first.

Double Dragon @ 07/29/2009 at 8:17 pm

Her hair in this picture looks like mine did in highschool. LOL

This is so stupid! Besides, how would they make this Bryce girl look like Victoria if vampires CAN’T change their physical apperance? The only way they can get the REAL Victoria in Eclipse looking EXACTLY the same is to keep Rachelle. Tsk Tsk Summit.

Double Dragon @ 07/29/2009 at 8:25 pm

I want to be honest and tell you why I did it and how I came to my decision. Not that I already hadn’t before, but the light bulb moment. It was because after that night I felt really bad that I could have missed a good opportunity. Now I don’t know if it was real or not. And in the end I know nothing serious was going to come of it. But the lightbulb went off and said…yes maybe not him….BUT the person could be here. THAT person. And what if they were and what if you really missed THEM. It was a wakeup call. It was symbolism. The actual person was not it, but stood for the person, if I could borrow the Delorean and find out, could be. And that is when I knew, as much as it hurt to miss the immediate opportunity, it would hurt worse to miss the real opportunity. Having felt that, and seen that cyrstal clearly I knew I didn’t want to miss the real opportunity.

It’s only a ten day overlap, they couldn’t wait until the end/middle of filming to let Rachelle do her part? She’s an amazing actress she would be able to pull it off >_<

I feel your pain Rachelle! Summit can suck it, probably gonna lose more money when Eclipse hits theaters because fans will be disappointed with the new Victoria.

wow. when i first heard about this i assumed rachelle was the one who wouldn’t compromise and wanted to be recast. to find that the opposite is true just shows how unbelievably stupid movie studios can be. it doesn’t matter who would be replacing rachelle…to change the face of a character in the 3rd movie is a really really dumb move. no matter how good byrce is, it will feel awkward and unnatural. summit = idiots.

The Summit execs are big bullies….i hope their movies bomb. Rachelle is such a sweet girl, hope she goes on to do greater things!

Btw, Bryce is a mediocre actor at best who gets roles because of who her dad is.

in twilight, elisabeth reaser was shooting a tv show at the same time as production and summit worked around her schedule! same with cam! rachelle’s role would only take 10 days yet they couldnt try to work around HER schedule when they have done it for other actors. they probably just didnt want her eclipse for some reason. this is definitely a cover-up.

Scott Summers @ 07/29/2009 at 8:54 pm

You’re very ignorant, #23 and #42.

This is sooooooo STUPID!!!!!!!
PLZ,PLZ,PLZ,PLZ,PLZ,PLZ,PLZ,PLZ SIGN THIS:

I am so disappointed in Summit’s decision. :( Rachelle *is* Victoria, IMO. Bryce is a fine actress, I’m sure; but to recast this role is such a misjudgment. I’m sorry, Rachelle.

Ricky (team victoria/rachelle) @ 07/29/2009 at 9:04 pm

Victoria/rachelle was bada$$ and I fell in love with her the first time I saw twilight and I never read the books. But I’m pretty pissed off about hearing Rachelle not being in eclipse. I don’t care for the new actress replacing her even if she’s good cuz she’s not rachelle. It might sound stupid but I’m boycotting the movies and I’m not gonna be wasting my money going to go see a movie without her in it. It really truly sux and no matter wat I’m gonna be team victoria/rachelle all the way. Summit did a really bad thing by switching people its prob gonna cost them for that.

aww this sucks i loved rachelle as victoria no offense but it’s not gonna be the same rachelle was the perfect victoria i loved her in twilight

Celebritywatcher @ 07/29/2009 at 9:19 pm

Everything happens for a reason–good things are in the works for her.

*******************************************************************************

Check out my celebrity psychic predictions at http://www.celebpsychic.blogspot.com

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Show All