Anne Hathaway Cast as Catwoman in 'Dark Knight Rises'

Anne Hathaway Cast as Catwoman in 'Dark Knight Rises'

Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle (Catwoman) in The Dark Knight Rises and will star opposite Christian Bale and Tom Hardy!

The 28-year-old actress “will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story,” director Christopher Nolan said in a release.

“I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies,” Christopher continued. Tom will play Bane, a villainous escaped prisoner “who became abnormally strong after being pumped full of drugs”.

The Dark Knight Rises is scheduled for a July 20, 2012 release.

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All

I’m not impressed with this news. I’ll give her the bennifit of the dobut and say: at least its not Halley Berry!!

Who cares, Bale is crap as Batman anyway. I only watched the last one because of Ledger. He’ll make this one crap, too, so I’ll pass. Nobody else in the cast makes me interested.

selinakyle @ 01/19/2011 at 5:30 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
SHE WILL RUIN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

selinakyle @ 01/19/2011 at 5:30 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
SHE WILL RUIN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

selinakyle @ 01/19/2011 at 5:30 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
SHE WILL RUIN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

selinakyle @ 01/19/2011 at 5:30 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
SHE WILL RUIN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gingerbread @ 01/19/2011 at 5:43 pm

@N000: I agree, weird, huh? I don’t know anybody that gives a booger about BM.

You people are all morons .. shut up everyone bitched about Heath being joker and his character turned out to be amazing Nolan knows what the hell he’s doing I’m sure he casted her for a good reason .. not shut up and quit bitching

Bad casting, Nolan! @ 01/19/2011 at 5:50 pm

Would you all just quit with “people hated it when Ledger was cast and look how great that turned out”. Just because Ledger was great doesnt mean Hathaway will be. Ledger had more talent in his picky that Hathway has in her whole body and he disappeared into his characters, she doesn’t.
Hathaway should stick with her shi TTy romcoms and leave Catwoman to someone sexy and talented. She’s no match for Pheiffer.
This will be Spidey 3 level crapfest, I can feel it. :(

Marion Cotillard or Angelina Jolie would be a SO MUCH BETTER choice … Just Saying , But they are anyway too hype actresses to do that ! :)

Im overrated @ 01/19/2011 at 6:01 pm

Wasnt Halle Berry a catwoman long time ago and the movie was a fail?? I hope they have improved the scripts…. Anne needs to improve her acting skills but maybe they can hide it with special effects. Obviously the poor Anne wont be able to replace Michelle Pfeiffer. But will she be better than Halle Berry?

@BeBop: Um, no. I’m going to add my two-cents. This one will suck. Not just because of Anne but she’ll contribute to the suck factor.

im not going to the cinema!!! i cant watch it i really cant….and i dont bitched on heath ledger!!! i a big marvel fan!!! but this is toooo much. she is not the catwoman type!!! oh my gosh this is just absurd….
suck factor 10/10!!! damned she cant be catwoman

Eva Green has the edginess, craziness and sex appeal for the role.

At least Anne has more sex appeal and acting chops than Kiera Knightley.

I was so hyped up to see this movie because of Catwoman but now I don’t need to see this I never liked this franchise in the first place because Batman bores me and Nolan can’t pick good actresses. First Katie, then Maggie and now Anne!? They are all boring miscasts! I bet they really wanted Natalie Portman but couldn’t get her after she got pregnant., so they sought out her boring clone. Anne is sweet and smart like the mousy secretary Selina of Batman Returns fame, but she has none of sexy dominance of the Catwoman Selina. Keira would have been so much better. Or someone of colour, like an Asian or Latina actress. Ah well I guess i wont be excited for this movie any more. Yawn.

I hope Anne pulls it off. She is rather tall to be fitted into a catwoman suit but hey, Tom Hardy’s in it but he will be too beefed up for me to think he’s sexy :( And Bale, oh! Bale! It’s so Baneful sometimes for Bale to just be Batman.

I hope the movie focuses on Selina Kyle before she becomes Catwoman. I just can’t really picture Anne being Catwoman (because no one can really compare to Michelle Pfeiffer’s portrayal), but I think she will be great if they focus on the Selina character before she becomes Catwoman.

WHAT????? Really¿? She’s a romantic-comedy star. She’s NOT catwoman! ugh…!

UGH!! why??? I’m assuming they have to have a ‘popular’ actress rather than a good one.

My enthusiasm for this movie just went way down

@e: Didn’t they both do well? They were both fantastic movies (with the exception of Katie Holmes being in the first! They should have cast Maggie Gyllenhaal from the beginning IMO). I know The Dark Knight obviously was hyped up more, but both great. This…I feel isn’t going to be. I don’t know why. I love Anne, but for some reason, I don’t want her in this movie.

I wish they featured another character instead of Catwoman–Michelle Pfeiffer owned this role! Maybe as one poster suggested Harley Quinn; Quinn has never been a main villain in film. Also, maybe even the Kabuki Twins (Yes, I know I am stretching).

I always thought that Heath Ledger was a versatile actor–I did not doubt he could be the Joker.

However, I feel a bit uncertain about Anne Hathaway being Catwoman. When has she ever shown the potential to be a femme fatale or an anti-hero? Every movie I have seen her in, she is not captivating or seductive. At times a bit too vanilla–kind of like Julia Roberts.

Yes, she does try to hard to be a serious actor. I hope she does not end up being like Halle Berry’s Catwoman.

I think I am alone in this matter, but in Nolan’s movies the actresses seem to be all replaceable or more like interchangeable. Only the men are not–as if he takes time and care to consider the best.

Nolan = overrated hack @ 01/19/2011 at 10:06 pm

Everyone is sucking Nolan’s **** but take away Heath Ledger from TDK and you’re left with a mediocre, full of plot holes, boring movie that was dragging when he wasn’t on the screen. He carried the whole thing. Bale’s growls were unbearable to sit through and Maggie Gyllenhall was horribly miscast and looked like she was beaten with the ugly stick. I hope this one flops so the stupid Nolan fanboys will stfu about him and stop acting like he’s god. He’s no Kubrik and never will be, this **** will finally make people see that and take him off the pedestal they put him on without being deserving.

@Ren: I agree about Heath. He was versatile and a far superior actor to Anne.
But since when is Anne trying hard to be a serious actor? Her resume is full of romantic comedies, high budget movies and she always takes her clothes off, plus she’s overexposed she’s practically everywhere.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All