Robert Downey, Jr. & Wife Expecting a Baby

Robert Downey, Jr. & Wife Expecting a Baby

Robert Downey, Jr. and his wife, Susan, are expecting a baby, JustJared.com can confirm.

The 46-year-old actor, who will reprise his role as Iron Man in The Avengers, will welcome his first child with Susan early next year.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of pregnant celebrities

Robert and Susan could not be more excited over this news,” his rep told People, adding, “They can’t wait to welcome this new baby into their wonderful family.”

Robert has a 17-year-old son, Indio, with his ex-wife, Deborah Falconer.

Congratulations to Robert and Susan!!

robert downey jr susan expecting 01
robert downey jr susan expecting 02
robert downey jr susan expecting 03
robert downey jr susan expecting 04
robert downey jr susan expecting 05
robert downey jr susan expecting 06

Whitney Whitaker @ 08/31/2011 at 10:54 am

Congratulations! After six years, it’s long overdue for them! Maybe Kate Beckinsale and Len Wiseman might finally have a baby too! I’m a new mother myself and I highly recommend having children. My hips are bigger…my breasts are bigger. I’m loving it! I feel like more of a woman now. It definitely makes me feel so much sexier than ever before.

Jack Easton @ 08/31/2011 at 10:55 am

Susan is lovely, gorgeous, sexy and beautiful. She’s amazing. That woman is incredible. There’s a lovely gentleness and sweetness to her.

coloradomoney @ 08/31/2011 at 11:00 am

Iron Man’s having another baby? YES!

Congrats to a sweet couple!

Yay for them! Congrats!

Congrats!! I love RDJ – and Susan seems equally amazing.

Aww, congrats to the two of them, things haven’t been easy for them so this is such happy news for them.

Too old. He’ll be nearing death age by the time the kid is 20

Congratulations!:)

YES!! Yes! Yes! FINALLY!!! I’m so happy for them. Their baby is going to be so freaking cute! :D

His wife is adorable.

Yes, yes, yes! That is one celebrity pregnancy I am really happy about, especially now since he seems to be in a better place in regards to his drug addiction and the chance is slim that he ends up like Charlie Sheen.

I can’t express how HAPPY I am over this. I know I barely know them, but they are SO perfect together, and they seem like such great people and- GAH, they are just too cute! You can tell they’re so in love, and that baby will be just as gorgeous!

laverdadduele @ 08/31/2011 at 12:10 pm

So happy for them. RDJ has come a long way and he deserves to be happy, not to mention he’s an amazing actor and the sexiest man alive. I think Susan has been crucial in his comeback and they make a lovely couple. Congratulations!

his face look tight @ 08/31/2011 at 12:23 pm

Too bad about that face lift or whatever he did to himself

Cool. I think it will be one cute baby.

Great news. I really like this couple and she really has been good for him.

Wonderful news! Robert Downey Jr. certainly cleaned up his act. For a long time it didn’t seem like he was going to make it but he pulled himself through some very dark times. I wish him and his wife continued happiness and success.

awww!! congrats to them!

GoTell-it @ 08/31/2011 at 5:08 pm

Congrats to this cool couple!

RDJ’s life could be a really awesome biography. And for those who don’t know Susan is a smart career woman making her own mark in Hollywood long before she met Robert .

Like any adult couple with minds of their own … …they can have a child when they are ready…nothing is LONG overdue..please.

Thank you for your spot on comments Go Tell-It…

So silly when someone makes an ignorant statement like “long overdue”…yes..PULLLLLLEEEEEASE!!!

I’m so happy for you guys you have no idea! Congrats Robert and Susan!!