Leonardo DiCaprio Shoots 'Great Gatsby' in 3D

Leonardo DiCaprio Shoots 'Great Gatsby' in 3D

Leonardo DiCaprio looks dapper on the set of The Great Gatsby at Centennial Park on Friday (November 18) in Sydney, Australia.

The 37-year-old actor, wearing a white suit, was joined by co-stars Carey Mulligan and Tobey Maguire.

“What’s really cool is working with [director] Baz [Luhrmann] and this 3D format that’s being used for drama,” Leo recently told Access Hollywood.

“Most of the time, you associate 3D with the spectacle of it, but he really wants to use 3D to create emotional impact with the characters and almost use it like what it would be like to immerse yourself in a theater production,” Leo explained.

10+ pictures inside of Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, and Tobey Maguire at Centennial Park in Sydney…

leonardo dicaprio carey mulligan gatsby centennial 01

• Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 813 » Show All

What do you mean filming wrapped yesterday…??? Great Gatsby filming is over?

@what about @ 11/20/2011 at 4:06 pm

Madalina’s PR shamelessly used Leo’s name for a short period of time. The sad thing is that she also used Leo’s friends to approach him. There is a name to qualify this behavior. You all know what it is and I won’t have to write, it starts with a “h”.

@@what about:

I don’t think so. She was with Leo’s friend Danny A. Leo was also spotted sitting by her, and there was the pics on the balcony ringing out laundry. The short PR push was probably pre-approved by Leo through Danny beforehand. Otherwise they would have made an effort to hide her. Unless she did have a ‘fling’ with Leo. I don’t know what “one of Danny’s girls” really means. I don’t see how this is different than marrying a man 2.5 X your age to escape military service, which could have been typing, filing, the full spectrum. Or Tedi Sagi? Fischer?

@@152:
Don’t know if it’s 100% correct, but I heard through “a vine” that Leo’s bit, at least, wrapped for xmas break. He’s supposed to go back after New Year???? Do you have some concrete info?

161 Part2 @ 11/20/2011 at 5:07 pm

sorry… just thought of something. Would Leo need to be in the states for the Oscar push? I understand it’s quite political, and I don’t know if the actors are relied upon to meet people, shake hands, you know, network? Any Hollywood industry expert is most welcome here? I’m clueless but interested.

GG Filming @ 11/20/2011 at 6:29 pm

Thanks JJ for the wonderful photos. Leo is super dashing in his ’20s suit. He’ll be a great Jay Gatsby, I’m sure. Carey is adorable in her elegant lilac dress and both are fabulous actors.
The filming is supposed to be over by mi-December. So all will definitely be back home for Xmas. I wonder with whom and where will Leo plan to celebrate New Year’s Eve this year…?

Amused Aussie @ 11/21/2011 at 1:52 am

@sab: I doubt it. Thanksgiving is an American holiday and has nothing to do ith Australia.@152: Where is he??? UMMM IN SYDNEY STILL FILMING. They have not wrapt- aren’t close to wrapping (xmas time or after)- and there sure aren’t any random exs floating around Sydney- Soorrryyy… Don’t know what planet your from- but I doubt its earth- or reality for that matter………….
Ohh and I did also try to tell you all there was a planned bday party in Sydney (in a previous post)…….

Will they kiss in the movie?

@@133: thank you for saying that Tinkerbell has mental issues. I totally agree. Of course I guess I’m Tzipi and Adi now! lol

@Amused Aussie:
Thanks for the update AA…….so do you have any idea what the schedule is like and how often Leo will be expected on set……from my understanding (from the originl GG)…..Leo’s role isnt as involved as tobey’s character for instance…….so more time for play….

@amused aussie @ 11/21/2011 at 7:53 am

How was his birthday party in Sydney? Was it anything like that article described ( with two guest lists with 40 girls on each list ) or that was just the usual rumor-mill? Have you heard anything?
@CG: LOL, yeah, you are either Bar herself, Adi or Tzipi now. Suit yourself! LOL! The obvious had to be said!

tinkerbell @ 11/21/2011 at 9:49 am

@milk: no, but gisele, bar, and blake all did, as well as implants.

interesting eh? also his party was in nyc

@Tinkerbell @ 11/21/2011 at 10:04 am

Heres a link to what a gossip columnist wrote about the bday
Its kinda intense

Arent Ethan and Tobey married?
I did’nt think Tobey went down like that especiallay as his wife is in Australia too!

Don’t we just love tinker-creep having a conversation with herself. ‘milk’ only post when she/he has a question for tinker-weird and of course she always responds and she never fails to bring up Bar…
@172: that posts seems fishy. Tobey is in Sydney with his family, Ethan has a family as well ( could be divorced though ) and he left Sydney over the weekend. Her post is based on the original article, no new info provided ( except the ones that could have been easily made up ).

Totally agree. I believe Tinker (and all the other names she comes under with) is waking up at night to “hate Bar”. No cure for this sort of pathology, I’m afraid.

This is getting bizarre now some/every one is talking about Tinkerbell even when s/he’s not here

@172 Thanks for the info

1. Tinker bell posted today twice that’s why people are talking about her. Apparently you missed her comments #170&171. nothing bizarre is going on ( besides tink’s comments ).
2. Talking about someone ‘who is not even here’ is tinker bell’s speciality! That’s what bugs people about her…

Who do you want? @ 11/21/2011 at 5:15 pm

@Amused Aussie:

You seem to be in the know. Who and where for New Years’?

To everyone else, we should try something fun!! Who are everyone’s favouties for Leo next gf? Maybe someone will pass this along to him, and he can have a good laugh at us playing matchmaker:) Lookin’ out for him:) These are some ladies I love:

- Hilary Rhoda
- Anna Jagodzinska
- Brit Marling
- Anna Vyalitsyna
- Gabrielle Union
- Ladies Amilia or Eliza Spencer
- Candice Swanepoel
- Lais Ribeiro

Who do you want? @ 11/21/2011 at 5:18 pm

Even L O V E Madalina Diana the Angel girl….

tinkerbell @ 11/21/2011 at 6:15 pm

Im only posting under one name, can you say the same. I must say I find the resistance amusing. we need a new leo thread.

Who do you want? @ 11/21/2011 at 6:18 pm

@tinkerbell: who would you like to see him with?

People are asking Tink questions. She should probably stay. Obviously people are interested in the scope of info. She brought me up to speed on these boards.

tinkerbell @ 11/21/2011 at 7:28 pm

Nothing I have said has been particularly delusional. Why you’re working so hard at this I dont know, but I DONT CARE.

I NEVER DID, DID I?

And it is only one name-I know who I am. So hey, Ima keep posting here and at LSA. Not all the time, but you know.

You dont have to believe me. Just go back and read the threads here and at Lipstick Alley. Make up your own minds folks. It’s good reading, I guarantee. Also check walla.co.il and ynetnews.com and ynet.co.il, the superficial, perezhilton and bar’s bellazon site. There was one guy named ienergy who spilled tea there. Im not the only “crazy” out there but I admit that even Im losing interest in her.

Enjoy ! The one writing in ALL CAPS “BAR IS DROP GORGEOUS THEY WILL GET MARRIED THEY WILL HAVE GREAT KIDS DEAL WITH IT” is Bar’s Mom Tzipi Levine. Wasnt me who outed her in the first place, it was one of her own cousins on walla.co.il or haaretz.com.

As for the “leo’s b-day in AUstralia story-I dont know that website in Australia-the story is detailed enough to be true, but the other sites who report are complete bullshizz. Time of India was the one who used to report Bar’s “big yellow diamond” stories. This is the one with 80 women-it could be real, but the real newspapers that have been following him down there are not reporting it.

Make up your own minds folks. If its true, its gross but predictable.

tinkerbell @ 11/21/2011 at 7:31 pm

BTW the real incog- “incogneato” who’s a “team owner” with 15,000 posts, never answered me back on LSA. So the person here who saying she/he is incog is lying.

Told ya!

I honestly dont really know who/what is going on here any more but I have my suspicions. If its Leo folks doing pre-Oscar clean-up, you really should just leave the LSA stuff up-we all like him BETTER for it.

If its the Barfies, what do you care??? Its all over any way.

tinkerbell @ 11/21/2011 at 7:35 pm

Oh boy, spilled too much tea there…..but whatever. All I said was read the leo / bar posts- and make up your own mind. But then I mentioned a bunch of other websites and jared will can you for that—dont want to lose traffic I guess.

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 813 » Show All