Chris Pine Reveals Political Affiliations in THR's New Issue

Chris Pine Reveals Political Affiliations in THR's New Issue

Chris Pine is super sexy in a partially unbuttoned shirt on the cover of The Hollywood Reporter‘s latest issue.

Here’s what the 33-year-old Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit actor had to share with the mag:

On working with Lindsay Lohan in Just My Luck: “It was a real cyclone of insanity, like being around The Beatles. It was fascinating to watch, and in hindsight it’s really a distinct moment in someone’s life when you see what’s really wonderful about what we get to do and what’s really dangerous about it.”

On if he’d ever sign up for Twitter: “No, f— no. What am I going to tweet about? My sneakers? Or, ‘I have 140,000 friends on Facebook.’ What does that even mean? I find it to be a waste of time. The Internet is so caustic; just a place where people get to spew nonsense and bullsh*t.”

On not liking left-wing politics: “The head of our government can assassinate anyone, including an American citizen. We are striking countries with drones — sovereign countries. What if Mexico decided to bomb San Diego because there was a drug cartel there?”

On the Hollywood bubble: “Hollywood is like living in a weird bubble. A bunch of people take care of you and get you stuff, and you’re the center of that little microcosmic world. You start believing that it is real and … you deserve it.”

For more from Chris, visit HollywoodReporter.com.

chris pine covers the hollywood reporter 01

• Martha Stewart slams Gwyneth Paltrow- Huffington Post
  • Read a review of Keira Knightley's new film Laggies- Lainey Gossip
  • Jerry Seinfeld honors Joan Rivers at an award show- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cora Keegan shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All
HanyCathy @ 01/02/2014 at 4:37 pm

Love my job, since I’ve been bringing in $5600… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I’m making it online(Click on menu Home)

Ugonna Wosu @ 01/02/2014 at 4:40 pm

where does it say he doesn’t like Left Wing politics? Or has any party preference?

he sounds full of himself

Do idiot celebrities who put down the internet.. do they even realize that most of the marketing for their films we chose to see comes from the nonsense and bullsh*t that people chatter about regarding their films?Does he think everyone is buying that magazine because people are desperate to hear his POV on politics or anything. Because of the internet we have just read excerpts of his “thoughts” and he comes across as totally arrogant and why should anyone waste money on seeing his nonsense films?

Stick to acting.

FWIW, some interesting parts you posted, thanks.

Totally right about the internet thing. Can’t remember (of course) what I read on JJ exactly on year ago but I keep coming back daily, at least once. It’s just… a thing. :/ :)

@LOL!: Celebrities should all share his sentiment about the internet and just stay away from social media entirely. All of the celebs who use social media come off as empty heads. I was interested in his POV on politics and, personally, walked away from the article with even more respect for him. Maybe you should just shut your yap and go back to reading the pointless Twitter of whatever vapid celeb you love best. I’m sure he/she has a new post about their sneakers or a half naked selfie you can fap to.

anonymous @ 01/02/2014 at 5:32 pm

That’s misleading. If you read the actual article he say’s the left and right are interchangeable… By and large, there are two political camps in Hollywood: rah-rah Obama fans and the taxed-enough-already minority. Then there’s Pine, who finds the whole left-right identification to be moronic. To Pine, Republicans and Democrats are interchangeable. He’s quick to point out the erosion of privacy and the strengthening of the Patriot Act under President Obama.

“The head of our government can assassinate anyone, including an American citizen,” he says. “We are striking countries with drones — sovereign countries. What if Mexico decided to bomb San Diego because there was a drug cartel there?”

I think he’s cute, but I need to know he’s straight and not gay. Him being gay would certainly burst my bubble a bit. He sounds like your typical son from a middle-class or upper-middle class staunch Republican family. Kinda like Elisabeth Hasselbeck who is now on “Fox.”

Asians all together can hear, and see what you’re visually thinking.
THIS IS NOT A JOKE OR A MEME! This is the absolute complete truth!!!!
Asians hide their mind reading abilities by having completely expressionless faces so they don’t accidentally show facial expressions when people think things they don’t like, find funny, astonishing, etc, and Asians segregate so their not nearly as susceptible to that happening.
Asians also segregate, and are untalkative to avoid accidentally saying things that are similar to what people are thinking and going to say.
All Asians are keeping their mind reading abilities a secret, they don’t want ANYONE to know they can read minds! They value hiding it more than their own lives!!!
Try thinking, and visually picturing things as wild as you can when you are around Asians, and look for Asians who give people dirty/particular looks for what appears to be for completely no reason, it works if you try enough!!!
PLEASE SPREAD THE MESSAGE!!!!! THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW THIS!!!!!

@LOL!:

You know what he meant. You just wanted to be a brat about it. I don’t particularly like the guy and I think he’s a terrible actor (he’s only in the business because of his family nepotism at it’s finest). He just means signing up for Twitter is a just of BS. People tweeting nonsensical things. What they ate that day. What they’re going to do that day. Sharing pictures of who they’re dating when its just a way for people to be nosy. It goes on and on. He can promote his movies/his brand without Twitter. Titanic broke box office records before Twitter, instagram, facebook, etc were even thought of. As for his thought on politics – I couldn’t care less but he already said his 2 cents.

@Elena: You can’t talk about someone being on twitter or social media when you’re on a gossip site.

the hypocrisy! @ 01/02/2014 at 7:07 pm

“The Internet is so caustic; just a place where people get to spew nonsense and bullsh*t.””
But good enough for him when he wants to let the whole world know of his fake girlfriends? and do his mini movies in Paris? and for DP to use to tweet about her “man”? not to mention Amanda shorty shorts? damn, forgot mungate!!

@Lauren: I’m not a celebrity.

off the grid @ 01/02/2014 at 9:33 pm

in another interview recently, they said he was far-leaning left. now he’s neither. he sounds a little too right-leaning in this interview for my tastes. i wonder if he did that on purpose, you know to get that crowd in. I recall him mentioning that ryan would probably be republican. so now he’s catering to that audience. i wish pine would figure out who he is because its getting confusing.

@ eh : Is he straight or gay ?
That’s the 1 million dollars question.
I bet he’s straight, but my gaydar isn’t very reliable
because I’ve never thought Matt Dallas, Wentworth
Miller or Matt Bomer were gay – and they openly are.
But I believe he is a sophisticated educated half snob hetero guy.

Well, it’s not like Pine is wrong. JJ can’t tell if it’s the right or the left that want government-sanctioned assassinations and drone strikes, and this board is, as per usual, full of caustic BS like “Pine made all his girlfriends post vague comments about him on the Internetz!” (and I’m sure he’d be called a controlling dbag if people thought he’d banned his girlfriends from going online) and “his sexuality is of the utmost importance to my entitlement issues!”

@Caratt: Dallas, Miller and Bomer, none of the 3 came out surprised me, I think my gaydar is OK and Pine doesn’t strike me as gay.

Poor Reporting @ 01/03/2014 at 1:54 am

@Ugonna Wosu: That’s what I was trying to figure out. He doesn’t state anywhere his ‘distaste’ for left-wing politics–sounds more like RIGHT-WING politics, if you ask me. Just Jared need to get their ish together.

FLOVED the interview and agreed with everything he said. ;)

A (maybe) gay metrosexual, left-wing, born and bred Californian for a Jack Ryan film whose core audience despises all these attributes : No Way!!!!!
This article is almost risible in the way it is scripted as to negate all of the above almost point by point.

and by the way the article in DM with the Lohan tagline is to create ‘awareness’ for the larger public and endear him with young girls, a key demographic for life$tyle brand$$ if you get what I mean…. His team is really trying hard and it’s all very disingenuous at best.

When you read Chris Pine’s views on politics and the internet it becomes painfully clear that the smartest and the brightest never became Hollywood actors.

@HeadDesk:
Pack it up. Your opinions are old and already done to death. sheesh!

happy new year suckers_NOT @ 01/03/2014 at 7:17 am

-Limit the gay questions with a parade of ‘girlfriends’ since the summer.
-Get new blondie girlfriend in staged Paris photo-op for internet tumblr/tabloids & young girls for advertisers
-Change the politics according to what film and themes the studios are selling.
-Use fake commenters (part of PR team) in English tabloids that ‘moderate’ (censor) comments to create some selling points
——————————————————–
All done. thank you mister Pine!!

I’d have to read the article myself to see what he actually says about ‘left wing politics’. Other than that, I love his stance on things like Twitter. Seriously, who cares what people do every second of their lives or want to see the latest selfie? Ridiculous.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All