Dylan Farrow: Dad Woody Allen Sexually Assaulted Me at Age 7

Dylan Farrow: Dad Woody Allen Sexually Assaulted Me at Age 7

UPDATE 2: Woody Allen responds to the claims. Read it here!

UPDATE 1: Cate Blanchett and Alec Baldwin release statements about the allegations.
______________________

Dylan Farrow, the adopted daughter of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen, is opening up for the first time about her allegation that her father sexually assaulted her at age 7.

“[W]hen I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me,” Dylan wrote in an open letter posted by The New York Times.

Woody Allen was never convicted of any crime. That he got away with what he did to me haunted me as I grew up,” she added: “That torment was made worse by Hollywood. All but a precious few (my heroes) turned a blind eye. Most found it easier to accept the ambiguity, to say, ‘who can say what happened,’ to pretend that nothing was wrong. Actors praised him at awards shows. Networks put him on TV. Critics put him in magazines.”

In the letter, Dylan asked stars like Cate Blanchett and Alec Baldwin “What if it had been your child”? and asks Emma Stone and Scarlett Johansson “What if it had been you?”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Dylan Farrow’s open letter about her father Woody Allen?

Photos: Ron Galella, Ltd.
Posted to: Dylan Farrow, Mia Farrow, Woody Allen

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All

Oh dear…
Sadly, I believe her. He deserves to pay for his crimes. No matter who he is :/

This is horrible. Well, given he’s now married to his much-younger adopted daughter, I don’t doubt Dylan’s story. I hope she finds comfort and healing from her mother and siblings, as well as therapy. Allen should have been charged with this horrific crime!

mlllllllllllllllllllllef @ 02/01/2014 at 7:34 pm

oulala…

We live in a world where it’s so much easier and much more convenient to blame the victim (in this case, what was a 7 year old child) Dylan is incredibly brave for speaking out about her abuse. No one deserves to be sexually assaulted, ever. And he absolutely needs to pay for his crimes.

aquarius64 @ 02/01/2014 at 7:39 pm

Wow. I just…wow. Given the current attitude about child abuse, any Hollywood notable who publicly defends Woody Allen is putting his/her career on the line.

i believe it.
what a creep.
wonder if any of those she mentioned will reply.

LegalBetch @ 02/01/2014 at 7:42 pm

He’s a disgusting pervert and everyone knows it. Unfortunately, the Hollywood sycophants would rather turn a deaf ear to the reality of who he is and grovel at his feet in order to be cast in one of his monotonous movies.

No doubt it is true.

wait but isn’t Mia a defender of Roman Polanksi?

LegalBetch @ 02/01/2014 at 7:53 pm

@wow, the article is about Dylan Farrow and Woody Allen…what you’re bringing up is irrelevant to the case at hand. Perhaps something for a different article, different day.

i think its probably true but here is the “other side” a defender who knows woody

This isn’t the first time she’s come out with this story, when she was younger she told people about it and for whatever reason (I’m assuming not wanting a child to go have to go through all of the press/courts etc) they never went to trial. Good for her for calling out people who choose to work with him, he’s a great director but how could you ever give this man support.

It is relevant in that Mia is usually the one cursing WA who is a creep for sure but it says alot about her that she has no problem with RP another hollywood creep.
Does she only care if its her child? Her daughter Dylan just wrote asking people what is it was their child and I am sure Mia has alot to do with this letter if you follow Mia you will know that.

These poor girls are shamed,called the S word etc…I cant stand pervs.vile disgusting human beings ruining womens lives. No matter how much you over come assault like this it still haunts you. I was in high school when I was assaulted and I would be lying if I didn’t say it hasn’t affected me.

No one commenting here knows if it is true. The only thing we know is that the court, at the time of the accusation, said there was no case, and he was found not guilty. For this family to go on and on publicly shaming Woody Allen, at this point in their lives – both his and the Farrows – amounts to character assassination. Dylan needs to talk directly to him and sort out her feelings. They could do it in therapy, with a rabbi, or a priest. But the New York Times is not the place. And it is wrong for blogs like this to reprint this slander.. No matter if it happened, or didn’t happen, this issue needs to be healed privately, responsibly, and with care. Not in a public forum.

This is a dreadful but unsurprising development. Lets see if the media running along jewish lines finds a clever way to discredit her or make everyone fall asleep over the issue

@Ali how about you stop policing how victims of assault deal with their trauma? that would be a great start. also, he wasn’t found ‘not guilty’ — he was never charged. massive difference.

I believe her, but I always have. But what am I supposed to do? Make a citizen’s arrest? I’ve always said I thought he molested her and Soon-yi was a smoke screen about it- it was pretty obvious to anyone who really looked into it. It’s no sacrifice to say you won’t watch his movies anymore because his movies aren’t any good anymore. In fact, in some instances, it could be considered punishment to watch them if you still liked him. I just don’t know what Dylan, Mia, Ronan want us to do about it- I have always said I thought the charges were true, that is about all I can do.

Living in a box @ 02/01/2014 at 8:06 pm

And that’s how you make a twist. Mia Farrow defending Roman Polanski,while her adopted daughter been sexual assault at age 7. Interesting.

LegalBetch @ 02/01/2014 at 8:08 pm

@Ali, it was actually never tried, and the State Attorney even said that he had probable cause to prosecute Allen on charges of sexual molestation of Dylan, but dropped the case to spare her the trauma of appearing in court. It’s actually VERY important to talk about child molestation in a public forum to prevent these vile acts from going unnoticed and untried in the future.

Shame on you Ali. Woody is too powerful and needs to be taken down. You sound like you want it to be kept in the closet. BS!! I suppose you have never suffered abuse when you were young. Your very dumb!

@wow: That’s something no one wants to talk about. This is a she says yes and he says no. If what she says is true, then he should be punished but if Woody Allen is innocent then she should be reprimanded.

Didn’t Mia find out about Woody and their adopted daughter, now his wife, when she discovered nude photos he had takened of her. IMO it doesn’t make it better that he married the girl. Adopted or not she was his daughter. I have never understood Hollywood’s ass kissing of this man. Its not like he discovered a cure for cancer he makes mediocre movies.

@23
woody is a creep so I am not defending him but just to be clear:
- mia was never married to him
-woody never lived with mia and the kids
–even mia says woody only got close to her after the age of 18
–her adopted dad is mia’s ex– previn is her last name
- he was not a father figure to her

having said that- he is gross and i think its sick thing to do-date your girlfriends daughter….but he was not a father figure to her.

OH forgot to add…however, it is sick too because even though he was not a father figure to her– he should have thought of his kids….and how weird it would be for them to have their dad date their adopted sister.
That to me is worse then what he did to mia….he should have thought of her as at least the sister to his kids even if she wasn’t a daughter to him.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All