Charlize Theron Forgets Her Money for Pinkberry Tab, Comes Back Later with a Huge Tip!

Charlize Theron stops by Pinkberry to pick up her son Jackson (not pictured) a frozen treat on Tuesday (June 3) in Los Angeles.

The 38-year-old actress’ tab reportedly came to $3.75, but she forgot her money, TMZ reports! Charlize promised to come back an hour later with cash.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Charlize Theron

A bit over an hour later, Charlize returned with her beau Sean Penn and gave the employee a $100 bill! That’s about a $96 tip!

FYI: Charlize is wearing Louise et Cie shoes and Salvatore Ferragamo sunglasses.

10+ pictures inside of Charlize Theron stopping by Pinkberry without her cash…

charlize theron forgets money at pinkberry returns later with huge tip 01

• Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

What’s that like? To forget your money then over-tip like that as if money isn’t anything. Or the only thing in her wallet is $100 bills? Wow. Does this make her look good or bad?

servergirl @ 06/04/2014 at 5:10 pm

That’s really nice! I used to work in an upscale eatery. You would be surprised how many very wealthy business people leave miniscule or no tips at all. They feel entitled

Ugonna Wosu @ 06/04/2014 at 5:45 pm

@GFW: whoever wants to see it as bad will see it as bad.

she could have easily not come back, which is what a punkass would do. But she came back and gave a generous tip. That’s how I see it. Most “nice” people would have come back and paid only what they needed to.

I think she also appreciated the patience of that woman allowing her to leave in the first place. Very trusting of her. Both were classy moves.

@servergirl: True. Don’t you know what they say? The poorest people are always the most generous. Maybe because they know what it’s like to have nothing lol. But yeah, wealthy people in general won’t leave their money just there..

She’s done her generous act of the year.

@lol: Well not really. She actually does charity work.

Ugonna Wosu @ 06/04/2014 at 6:15 pm

@lol: she does more generous acts per year than you do. Why not sign up and join Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project? Or work with her in the UN? Then, you can talk about her and KNOW what you’re talking about.

It’s good to be generous and give back. I’ve never been stingy, and I’m happy to donate to charity every chance I get – or buy something nice for someone who doesn’t have the means to. It’s amazing that every time I’ve given money/clothes/furniture or bought something for someone who needed it, very soon after I’d end up receiving that money back..either as a gift from someone else, a raise, or a bonus at work. It makes giving back feel even better :)

@servergirl: agree 100%. i used to work at a grooming boutique where over 75% of the clientele were the wealthiest in miami beach due to the fact that they can afford constant maintenance on their dogs with weekly or monthly baths or haircuts and only 3-5% of those clients were thoughtful with tips. i’d always ask the client when they leave how much tip money would they like to add to their bill, and the majority of the rich clients only requested 1$ tips when the average tipping price was $10 per dog and more middle class and half of the wealthy clients wanted to tip $10 or more. trust me, what charlize did was super nice.

@GFW: HOOOOWWWW did u turn this into a negative article?? Like….H0_0WW???

I live in a country with a great and fair minum wage. The US does not have that.That’s why tipping is a big deal over there. I’d tip 15 per cent with everything over there.

That girl obviously called TMZ so she didn’t deserve a tip that big. People who turn this into a negative thing are just jealous of Charlize and want a reason to hate her. Just like that Gwyneth Paltrow-obsessed Lainey gossip.

I think it’s negative. I mean if you or I walked into Pinkberry without a wallet would thy let us leave with the item and a promise to come back? Probably not. She had to give that tip because the girl/guy did her a favor she wasn’t entitled to. She should have left the item and come back for it when she had cash, like the rest of society does. No special treatment for these already inflated egos.

I live in Finland and we usually pay by the credit card and I usually don’t carry cash with me. But there are still some places which accept only cash and so I’ve been also in similar situation. But I usually don’t buy then.
But Charlize Theron acted very nicely – she came back and gave a generous tip (as she earns lots of money, then its ok to give so generous tip!).
That’s how I see it.
Beautiful, talanted and generous woman!

What Charlize Theron did was super nice.

I’m very big Charlize Theron’s fan, so I’d gladly pay for the frozen treat ;) Perhaps I’d have asked for an authogram but it was certainly wrong to call some trash magazine and complain that Charlize didn’t have money!
So I’d also say that what Charlize did was super, super nice!!!

@janet: It happens. I didn’t have enough for an item and a cashier let me leave with my items. I came back and paid and that was the end of it. How you’ve managed to spin this into something negative is beyond me.

I also don’t understand how its possible to spin this into something negative???
She paid for the goods!!! Its not like she just disappear and never came back. And she gave very big tip although she didn’t have to (when you can buy Dior watch, then 96$ tip is nothing).

Ugonna Wosu @ 06/05/2014 at 8:49 am

@janet: she didn’t leave WITH the item. She didn’t pick it up until she came back and paid. Its a positive story. Nexgt?

Ugonna Wosu @ 06/05/2014 at 8:52 am

@FFS: I have done the same thing at least once in my life. I had money, but not enough and they let me go.

Okay… How about THIS. If you have a CHILD with you, how about being RESPONSIBLE enough to have money on you in case of an emergency for the CHILD? But I guess that doesn’t apply to celebrities desperately trying to get attention eh? Staging kindness publicity stunts days after dumb rape statements. And you know what’s great? Having the cash BEFORE you go in to get yourself a drink.

Who does that? I have never once in my entire life been anywhere where I was going to buy something where I didn’t first know whether I had ANY money on me. This was on the freaking radio today on the way to work. I didn’t go looking for this story. Charlize is wearing out her welcome in my book fast. I didn’t object to her really before. But in the past even several days, she’s rapidly becoming hugely obnoxious.

Ugonna Wosu @ 06/05/2014 at 10:46 am

@Lena:

she was jogging. Lots of women don’t have money on them when they’re wearing yoga pants.

Get off the whole publicity thing. She didn’t contact the media, the lady did. Charlize is not scrambling to “fix her name” after the “rape comments”, if she was, she would have GIVEN A STATEMENT WITHIN THE FIRST 24 HOURS THAT STORY BROKE!

She has let the public stew for a WEEK! Does that sound like someone desperate not to look bad??? She doesn’t give a darn. She meant what she said, and obviously doesn’t think it was wrong.

If she’s wearing out your welcome, just throw out your welcome already. Who cares? You’re no fan if all it takes is one badly worded phrase(at least in your book) to start turning on her.

Goodbye!

Ugonna Wosu @ 06/05/2014 at 10:47 am

@Lena: you may have been perfect enough not to have gone in somewhere without money, but its happened to many non-celebs including myself in the past.

Be gone!

Ugonna Wosu @ 06/05/2014 at 10:53 am

lol at people spinning this negatively. If she wanted good publicity and to get credit for this, then why was she so unnerved by the cameraman asking her about her good deed? she didn’t WANT the attention!!! Duh.

That employee better hope she gets to keep the tip, seeing how she leaked this incident.

Our beautiful and generous Charlize Theron :)
I’ve also forgotten to take money with me, and its not something to be ashamed of. We are all human and tend to be forgetful time to time.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All