Top Stories

Ice Cube Reveals Why Chris Tucker Turned Down $12 Million to Return for 'Friday' Sequels

Ice Cube Reveals Why Chris Tucker Turned Down $12 Million to Return for 'Friday' Sequels

Ice Cube is explaining why Chris Tucker wasn’t in the Friday sequel.

If you didn’t know, Ice Cube and Chris starred together in the 1995 hit comedy movie, but Chris decided not to reprise his role as Smokey in the next two sequels – 2000′s Next Friday and 2002′s Friday After Next.

On Wednesday (December 29) Ice Cube – who served as a producer on the Friday movies – responded to a fan on Twitter, who said he heard Chris “quit over money” reasons.

Click inside to read more…

“We were ready to pay Chris Tucker $10-12m to do Next Friday but he turned us down for religious reasons. He didn’t want to cuss or smoke weed on camera anymore,” Ice Cube tweeted back.

In an interview with All Urban Central last month, Chris reflected on his decision to not return for the Friday sequels.

“Back then, I gotta tell you, one of the reasons why I didn’t do the second one was because of the weed,” Chris explained. “Because I said, man, that movie became a phenomenon. I don’t want everybody smoking weed — and I never really told people this because I kind of forgot about it, but it was one of the reasons why I didn’t do it. Because I said, ‘I don’t wanna represent everybody smoking weed.’”

Chris added, “And that’s one of the reasons why I said ‘nah.’ I didn’t wanna keep doing that character. It probably was good for me because it kept me moving to the next phase and next movies.”

If you missed it, Ice Cube recently found himself in the middle of a controversy when it came to getting the COVID-19 vaccine.

Just Jared on Facebook
Photos: Getty Images
Posted to: Chris Tucker, Ice Cube

JJ Links Around The Web

Photo of Private:  JJ Links Around The Web
Getty Images