Brad to Angelina: Don't Make Eggs

Brad to Angelina: Don't Make Eggs

Wearing a pair of golden aviator sunglasses and bronze Christian Louboutin heels, Angelina Jolie gets interviewed by The Washington Post at the Hotel du Cap in Cannes, France.

Here are some fantastic excerpts from the recent article from The Washington Post titled “Angelina Jolie, Baring Her Soul On Behalf of A Mighty Heart“:

On guys never being asked who they’re wearing: One of the dozen reporters begins by asking who [Angelina] is wearing, then jokes that they never ask the guys that. “Except for Brad,” Jolie says, laughing, flashing the big teeth.

On Brad Pitt executive producing A Mighty Heart: Pitt joined Jolie in India. “He’s a really good producer,” she says, “and he also spent most of the time at the hotel with our three kids, being an even better father.”

On taking a year off: [Angelina] says she will finish up a film now shooting in Prague (the thriller “Wanted,” with Morgan Freeman and James McAvoy), and that soon she and Pitt plan to take a year off. She will keep flying planes. She just got instrument-rated and Pitt now has a pilot’s license. She says she takes precautions in her travels but will continue to see and experience the world. She might even learn how to cook. “I’ll say to Brad I’d like to make us some eggs,” Jolie says, “and he says don’t.”

Read the full interview at The Washington Post.

Just Jared on Facebook

Photos: Splash News Online
Posted to: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt

WENN
  • Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay took making out to new heights! - TMZ
  • Louis Tomlinson told his mom all about losing his virginity - Just Jared Jr
  • Charlize Theron once hit Teri Hatcher! - TooFab
  • Ben Affleck may be getting ready for a sequel to The Accountant - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Taylor Swift had a hilarious message for the NBA MVP - Just Jared Jr
  • http://aweirdosmind14.blogspot.com/ Elizabeth

First??

• angelah

EGGS!! lol

• Elphie

Thanks Jared! Don’t you sleep? You’ve really pulled in the punches covering Cannes! Way to go.

• http://tiff.ilumine.net TiFF

I love this couple, though they’re doing sooo much traveling I’m scared something will happen to them.

• KK1

JARED, THANKS. YOU ARE THE BEST. NOW GET SOME REST.

• AddictedtoBAMPZs

Jared, you are unbelievable! You are the best blog of all time. Will you see if you can get the Ann Curry interview linked on so we can watch here?

Plenty of wives, husbands were not at the fundraiser. Only Matt’s wife was a match. Don, Bernie, many others were solo, at least from what can be seen in Jared’s photo selection….

• BeeLoved

Jared!! Thanks!! You are the best!:)
    i love Angie’s wits in this interview.

• animatrix

So is she taking the year off after she finish to film “Wanted” or what??? And BOTH of them are taking the year off???

• boohoo

Love that interview. The eggs thing was cute. Thank you!

• Mr and Mrs Smith

Damn Jared, you are good. Thank you for this. Love the eggs part, she’s so cute when talking about her love. :)

• Janice

lol. love the eggs part. interesting – i knew that she planned on taking some time off to be with the kids, but i didn’t know brad was planning on doing the same. i think i read somewhere that he has a jammed pack shooting schedule. it would be nice though if both of them could just retreat away from the scrutiny and the spot-light and focus on each other and their children.

• anonymous

I wonder why Brad doesn’t want Angie to make Eggs????? i mean, someone finds a logic on this?????

• Mr and Mrs Smith

#
    animatrix Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:28 am – flag comment

___________________________________________________________________

NO. Peole magazine had the accurate information on that one. This year she’s all booked. It’s next year that she (they?) are taking the year off. After Wanted, she’s off two months, then works for another two months, then she’s off for the year.

• Mr and Mrs Smith

#
    anonymous Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:30 am – flag comment

___________________________________________________

Because the lady doesn’t know squat about cooking. She’s admitted she’s not a good cook.

• KK1

anonymous Says:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Because she can’t cook!! She has mentioned in the past that she cannot cook, would maybe like to learn how to do so.

• KrungKrung

can sum1 tell what is the story line of the movie Wanted?

• Coco Canada

Thanks Jared! Too cute! Love Brad and Angelina! They deserve a year off together…it is so wonderful to know that they value time with the kids and taking a break is what the family can take advantage of. The interview sounds cute with the eggs comment.

• Mr and Mrs Smith

In my previous post I meant to say PEOPLE magazine has the most accurate information on the schedule of when she’ll take the time off. Also, People doesn’t mention anything about Brad taking time off, so I think Washington Post just included Brad in the taking time off.

• curly

Thanks Jared for the new thread. This is my first time of “thread-athlon”, and it is still going on strong. MAMS, thank you too for the articles and quotes.

g’nite.
    ~curly

• http://allconsidered.com sharon

I am glad she is going to take one year off. I hope she will have another biological baby for Brad. They need make more babies because their babies are going to just as beautiful as them. listen to Angie’s radio interview with Reader’s Digest. she said she loves Brad.

• Emme

awwwww.. Poor Angelina has a flaw.. I think not being able to cook is a fair sacrifice for looking like that and having Brad Pitt.. Great work Jared

• em

Motherhood, true love, and being a humanitarian has soften Angie’s persona. She is one special lady and Brad is one lucky guy! Taking a year off making movies spoke volumes of how Brad and Angie are completely devoted to their kids and each other.
    Thank you JJ!

• JP Fan

Jared thank you so much! Now go and rest so that we all can. Just kidding :-) Who am I kidding now I’ll be up another half an hour , sigh!
    This one is so good and cute I love it. EGGS :-)

• julia

Emme Says:

May 23rd, 2007 at 1:37 am – flag comment

lol, indeed…

• Jared the best!

Thanks Jared . Love Love Love this couple!

• Mr and Mrs Smith

Here is the People magazine interview for the people who didn’t see it before. It explains the taking time off schedule better.

• paula the crotch

what a stunning couple.

• http://allconsidered.com sharon

here is hot kiss of Brad & Angie in Mr. & Mrs. Smith

• http://justjared susyqt

Thank you again and again dear Jared. Where would we be without you? I’de hate to ponder that. :-)

• tforce

Brad can you give me the part of the black chick?

Uh no sorry honey you can’t act.

• http://allconsidered.com sharon

here is hot kiss of Brad & Angie in Mr. & Mrs.Smith

• Mr and Mrs Smith

I am so dumb. I saw this part “and he also spent most of the time at the hotel with our three kids, being an even better father.” and was like she’s got four kids not three, then I remembered that last year she only had three kids and that’s the time she’s talking about. “ :)

• jolierocks

wow…you ROCK JJ…thanks for all the ANGIE news…glad to hear that she’s taking some MUCH deserved time off.

• lurker opinion

Acting wise Brad is only contracted to do State of Play. The other movies are under his production company so he can delay those if he wants. I’m sure he will still produce but he has others to take most of the weight there.

• jolierocks

Angelina can make me eggs anytime!! :D

• lylian

Jared, thanks for the new thread. You rock.

Bringing over my comment from hte last thread (didn’t know about this thread then)

160
    lylian Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:48 am – flag comment
    The washington post jumps at the chance to interview Angelina on AMH. Readers Digest has the Angelina interview to promote AMH. WSJ will probably also have a big piece on this movie – Daniel Pearl was an WSJ journalist.

Clever, clever press management in every sense of the word.

The minivan crowd that read STAR and AS* weakly aren’t gonna be watching AMH. It would be too cerebral for them. People who are gonna be watching AMH would be Angelina’s fans, and the types of people who do read the Washington Post, Readers Digest (10m subscribers, reaching the most readers earning more than US$100K in America and over 40 million readers world wide) and Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, Newsweek, and so on.

And note how each interview adds to the total picture of how Brad and Angelina want to present themselves. Washington Post, Readers Digest, People Magazine, WSJ etc – all HIGHLY REGARDED publications, which CHECK THEIR FACTS and don’t generally indulge in FABRICATION – wholesale or not. Which makes what Brad and Angelina say, legitimate – you know?? Not this taken out of context “quotes”, if you can call it that.

Brad and Angelina may of course, still rue the day that they didn’t talk to AS* weakly (as Ol Meanie has implied), but somehow, I doubt it. Not so long as they have legitimate press jumping at the chance to talk to them.

Unlike other celebrities who feel a need to deny, refute whatever, Brad and Angelina know that to do so is to give power and credence to the fabrications and lies. Despite some people saying that Brad should somehow speak out about this or that to defend Angelina, it is now clear from Angelina’s interview with Ann Curry, that even if Brad wanted to, I highly doubt Angelina would want him to.

But just a few interviews in the LEGITIMATE PRESS, supported by the candid videos of them on the red carpet, all the CR*P is negated – unless you just want to be negative, in which case, nothing willchange your mind anyway.

Brad and Angelina ARE ABOLUTELY FANTASTIC PRESS MANAGERS AND MANIPULATORS. Just how GOOD, I’m only now starting to fully appreciate. And I’m enjoying seeing these masters at work.

• from people

Washington Post may have just assumed Brad is taking a year off. I think it would be just Jolie judging by Brad’s film schedule.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Angelina Jolie Taking a Year Off Work (from people site)
    TUESDAY MAY 22, 2007 09:30 AM EDT

By Pete Norman

Jolie in Cannes

Angelina Jolie has decided to take a year off to spend time with her family, PEOPLE has learned.

“I’m working this summer. I’m in Prague for a few months, then I take two months off, then I work for two months,” Jolie said Tuesday while promoting A Mighty Heart at the Cannes Film Festival. “And then I take a year off.”

Asked if the time off will be for her family, she replied: “Yes.”

Jolie was speaking to reporters at the exclusive Hotel du Cap while partner Brad Pitt, who produced Heart, looked after their four children in a nearby villa. It was not clear whether Pitt would also take a hiatus in 2008.

The couple walked the Cannes red carpet Monday night for the world premiere of A Mighty Heart along with Mariane Pearl, on whose memoir the film is based, and her son Adam.

The Pitt-Jolie clan will remain at their villa on the French Riviera for several more days more as Pitt premieres Ocean’s Thirteen.

Jolie also told reporters on Tuesday about her recent pilot-license upgrade and the possibility of flying en famille. “Brad has his pilot’s license and I just got my instrument rating, so we’re moving forward with that but we haven’t had a lot of time because of the kids and with Pax coming home,” she said.

“I wouldn’t fly the kids at this moment. I would only fly the kids if I had been actively flying for a few months and when I’m not at all rusty.”

Jolie, a Goodwill Ambassador for the UNHCR, insisted she will continue her campaign for justice around the world, even though there have been concerns for her safety: “I don’t want to live inside a box. I will be smart, but I will lead a very bold life, and I will learn about the world.”

• Keana

Jared, you’re the best!
    All these threads! Thank you, you can’t imagine how I feel right now (All giddy and can’t concentrate on my job) !

• boohoo

Great post lylian . Denying bs rumors just gives the people who print them power. Brad and Angelina know what they are doing. Brad and Angelina will never bend to their will. I know some were concerned that Angelina didn’t go to the O13 charity event thinking it would add fuel to the break up fire. But again, if they wanted to sell their relationship I think they would be at every event will full on pda. Brad and Angelina have nothing to hide so they’ll continue to go about their live as they always have. The tabloid writers can just continue to write what they write and continue to watch their sales slip further and further down.

• tenom

Brad looks totally and completely into Angelina — I feel so sorry for him because she looks to be the exact opposite. One day she’ll get bored of being with him and living that life and the poor old man will be kicked to the curb. Does anyone think Angie drinks his blood? He is looking a little paler these days…poor Brad, he went from margaritas and dinner parties to changing five hundred diapers and having his girlfriend cut him up in bed.

• BeeLoved

Hey keanna :)

Are you still on night shift?

i get this feeling that Angie light hearted and thoroughly happy. And as always she is just honest and straight in answering. Brad on the other hand is quiet(Angie said it in RD interview) and doesn’t say much. Well it will be nice to know that she is thinking of cooking…….:lol:

• to tenom

Why don’t you come back when hell freezes over or if what you wish will ever come true. Trust me it won’t.
    So go find another celebrity couple that you wish would break up that is a sure bet! I can give you hints but why should I.

• real woman

better than frigid men basher x.

• http://allconsidered.com sharon

their love is very deep. They are perfect match for each other. I don’t think Angie will ever leave Brad. When she looks at Brad, full of love and respect in her eyes.

• Funny

that’s cute.

People mag says she said that SHE would take a year off. She didn’t say nada about Pitt taking time off.

• Ensue

Funny Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 2:16 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[Jolie plans to take break from films

Associated Press

CANNES, France --Angelina Jolie says she plans to take a year off from filmmaking to spend more time with her partner, Brad Pitt, and their children.

"We're getting work out of the way at the moment," said the 31-year-old actress]

What part of *WE* don’t you understand?

• tsk tsk tsk

================================================================
    And why is this bad?

• konnitiwa

from Washington Post

Jolie says

” This story and this time is something everybody remembers, even studio heads; they actually care about it. They care about Danny Pearl and they care about Mariane,” Jolie says. “And even when we came to publicity, nobody asked for anything silly and nobody pushed.”
    ——————————————————————————————————————
    Do you think this also explains why Paramount avoids to release this movie late this year( awards season) and put it out of competition at Canne festival.

• Funny

#
    Ensue Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 2:23 am – flag comment

Funny Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 2:16 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[Jolie plans to take break from films

Associated Press

CANNES, France –Angelina Jolie says she plans to take a year off from filmmaking to spend more time with her partner, Brad Pitt, and their children.

“We’re getting work out of the way at the moment,” said the 31-year-old actress]

What part of *WE* don’t you understand?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“It was not clear whether Pitt would also take a hiatus in 2008.”

• Ver

Seeing pictures of them walk down the stairs holding hands is like watching the King and Queen of Prom. :D