Nicole Richie: I'm a Changed Person

Nicole Richie: I'm a Changed Person

Mom-to-be Nicole Richie insists she’s a changed person, telling her side of the story to Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America.

On being a role model for her baby: “I would really want to be someone my child would look up to.”

On what she was on during her DUI: “I had smoked marijuana that day. Just marijuana. I had Vicodin in my system from that day. I never in my head thought that could play a part in your driving. Like, never did I think that. It was hours ago.”

On what went wrong: “I literally thought I was okay to drive, and clearly wasn’t. It was bad decision after bad decision after bad decision. It’s been a pattern in my life. When I get into trouble, I try to get out of it.”

On her pattern of trouble in the past year: “I wasn’t growing, I wasn’t going anywhere, and I saw myself going down that road again with this particular situation.”

On her current drug usage: “I don’t take anything now.”

Watch Nicole‘s interview with Diane Sawyer here.

Photos: Ida Mae Astute/ABC
Posted to: Diane Sawyer, Nicole Richie

Neilson Barnard/Getty

35 Responses to “Nicole Richie: I'm a Changed Person”

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

1. 1
    mandy Says:

jj i know you always post the videos on your site, is there anyway you can do it for the nicole interview? the website you linked has a terrible problem of stopping and buffering throughout the WHOLE thing :-(

2. 2
    DN Says:

who is this woman, why is she famous and why is she being treated like hollywood royalty???

3. 3
    HEY!!!!!! Says:

Way to go Nicole – keep going in the right direction.

4. 4
    ?? Says:

2 DN : 08/02/2007 at 12:36 pm

______

And who are YOU????

5. 5
    Mmmmm Says:

I think she is honest in her new path, at least I hope so. She seems very real esp compared to her bird friend.

6. 6
    victoria Says:

She looked really nervous during the interview. I hope she does well, I really like Nicole Richie she seems like a good person.

7. 7
    Amy Says:

GOOD LUCK TO HER. CHILDREN R A BLESSING BUT ITS NOT EASY

8. 8
    ha Says:

she keeps saying its was only marijuana, as if its candy , and not a serious drug…..shame on you nicole.

9. 9
    DN Says:

4 ?? : 08/02/2007 at 12:45 pm
    2 DN : 08/02/2007 at 12:36 pm

______

And who are YOU????

——–

why don’t you answer my question first SMARTA$$!

I guess you don’t have an answer.

yeah, I thought so too.

10. 10
    Julzz Says:

4 ?? : 08/02/2007 at 12:45 pm
    2 DN : 08/02/2007 at 12:36 pm

______

And who are YOU????

_____________

EXACTLY!!!

11. 11
    Passing Through Says:

My advice to Nicole Richie – now that the Simple Life is totally over? Stay the hell away from Paris Hilton. That crazy b#tch could get Mother Theresa into trouble!

12. 12
    vee Says:

i really admire her honesty in the mistakes she’s made and i wish both of them the best, as well as their baby

13. 13
    Dirty Cougar Says:

We should hope she’s a changed woman! She with child now. She’s carrying a Slim Jim in her stomach! lol!

14. 14
    DN Says:

10 Julzz : 08/02/2007 at 1:26 pm
    4 ?? : 08/02/2007 at 12:45 pm
    2 DN : 08/02/2007 at 12:36 pm

______

And who are YOU????

_____________

EXACTLY!!!

—-

no one can answer my VERY SIMPLE question! even the people who agree with themselves. LOLOL!!

15. 15
    jolie -pitt fan Says:

#14 people dont normally answer on here are you new?
    I suggest google Nicole.OKAY?
    I thought the interview went quite well.
    She has changed JMO., and she wanted to tell her side which is opposite of those tabs and tm-sleaze.

16. 16
    yolanda Says:

You were very telling in youe interview, and my senses say you were honest and straight forth. You dont’ have to prove a thang to us.Just your-self and your baby. You will never hear ‘Herplex’ say any of those things. In fact she lied on Larry King. So ‘congrats’ Nicole. You go young lady.

17. 17
    Roxy Says:

I think that Brit, Lin, and Paris need to hire the same PR person as Nicole to help clean up their image. I always thought that Nicole was the smarter of one. I think she was just playing the dumb role. Good for her getting her life together, and I hope that a baby change her and she doesn’t turn out like that train wreck Brit.

18. 18
    DN Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^

no, i’m not new, and yes people do answer a question here — when they have an answer. that’s my whole point!

but there’s no way to reason with 13 year olds who look up to girls whose only accomplishment in life is to wear nice dresses.

19. 19
    Nando Says:

BOOO!!!!! SHE’S STILL DOING DRUGS!!!

20. 20
    ANGELINA+bRAD ARE HOTNESS Says:

Nicole jj’s is surrounded by perez hater’s but it won’t affect us the majority here who luv ya. Thanks jj. I tivo’ed the interview will watch later. I feel bad she felt she had to get her story told cuz of lying @ss blogs/tabs.

21. 21
    to#18 from an nicole admirer who is over 13 Says:

Maybe people just like her. Could that people possible. I’m not 13 and I like her far better than some. She’s made mistakes. I like when someone I’ve always thought had potential can try and start over after being just awful at the way they lived. That’s only many reasons I like her. I just do.

22. 22
    Juwannaman Says:

I like Nicole and all BUT I know that Vicodin has the potential to make you drowsy and marijuana .. well you know how that affects you.. so to mix the two together and not think that its going to affect you whether you did them at the same time or not.. COME ON.

23. 23
    jaime Says:

What u know and what she knows may be different,but its been done let’s move on.I have taken vicodin and driven ,at the dentist office,I got home safe.The dentist gave it to me,I took it. But I was wrong.. but I felt no pain and was fine.

24. 24
    Fresh Raggedy Anne Says:

I would love to hate on her but she is just way too funny!

She was always more clever then ho-bag Paris on the show. Always says the most outrgeous things and I love that about her. She seems like so much fun. Too bad she got knocked up.

And they say they planned it. Hahahahahahahahaha

25. 25
    WTF? Says:

Nicole Ritchie’s claim to fame is being Paris Hilton’s sidekick and being the adopted daughter of Lionel Ritchie.

She nees to get a profession already. She’s not an actress or a singer or a business woman, what does she do? what is she trained to do? Enough with these famous for no reason people.

Why waste good telelvision time on someone no one knows? Diane Sawyer must be cringing.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All