Gerard Butler in "Nim's Island"

Gerard Butler in

Here are the very first two movie stills from Nim’s Island featuring Gerard Butler, Jodie Foster and Abigail Breslin.

Gerard plays scientist dad Jack, Breslin is his plucky daughter Nim and Foster plays a reclusive San Francisco author. Here are some snippets of Gerard‘s interview with USA Today:

On his character researching plankton while keeping pesky pelicans at bay: “One time, I was sitting, talking to a pelican, and he goes behind me and flaps his wings,” he says. “I looked like an angel on camera. I was sure he was going to nip me or rip my ear off.”

On his secondary role as the imaginary literary alter ego of Foster’s character: “When Nim reads a book about Alex Rover, suddenly I’m in an Arabian desert with evil captors, or I’m being tied up by African tribesmen. (He uses an American accent for Jack and his Scottish burr for Alex.)

On spending time with the young Oscar nominee: “Nim and her dad are best buddies. I don’t think I could have done it as well with someone who didn’t have Abigail’s special talents. I learned a lot from her, how she would embrace an idea and go for it.”

On going nearly bankrupt after Breslin embraced the idea of a “swear pot”: “Me being from Scotland, I have a bit of a foul mouth. She fined me $2 each time. If I gave her extra, she would forget and not count it. It was hard to argue with her.”

To read Gerard‘s full interview and more about Nim’s Island, check out USA Today.

gerard butler nims island 01
gerard butler nims island 02

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

LOVE GERRY!

~*~Get Real~*~ @ 11/09/2007 at 9:48 am

don’t see how this movie could be any good….he has WAYYYYY too much clothes on!

I Love Gerard Butler… keep giving up the updates on him!

lmao I totally agree with you, ~*~Get Real~*~ *wink*

but seriously… rawr

love him

Gerry's girl @ 11/09/2007 at 10:36 am

Oh dear god, i LOVE LOVE LOVE Gerry. Hottest man on earth. And i dont care if there are too many clothes on, he looks very Indiana JOnes, but much hotter!! Yum Yum.

I love that he has sooo many projects on his plate…there can never be enough of Gerry.

Great guy.

Love me some Gerry! He is totally hot. More updates on him, pretty please?

hot delicious man

OMG, Gerard is SO HOT!!!! He should definitely play Harrison Ford’s brother in Indiana Jones. Gerard is one gorgeous man. We are finally seeing an actor who is a manly man. Bring it on, baby!!

He is the PERFECT man!!!! Well, after Hugh of course.

Hes HOTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting this other sites wouldnt. U rock Jared!

operaghost @ 11/09/2007 at 11:53 am

Holy Scotflash! Wheeeeewwwwwwwww! Love Gerry, adore Abigail Breslin, so I’m there!

Love Gerard! What a great actor he is.I first saw him on T.V.playing
the part of Attila.That’s when I “Discovered” him and have been a fan
ever since.Love him almost as much as Joaquin!

HOLY CRAP!! Gerry is HOT!! The man never ceases to amaze me. I so cannot wait for Nims Island to come out. Thank you Jared for the Gerry update. More of Gerry please!!!

What a HOT cowboy *_*!!! Gerard looks utterly good in that pic! Thanks for posting ^_^!

Brad&angelina love em' @ 11/09/2007 at 2:50 pm

That’s 1 Hunk of A MAN yummmmmmmmmy!!
Thanks JJ.,Gerard is fine……

postwatcher @ 11/09/2007 at 4:41 pm

Han Solo as Indiana Jones way hotter.

This movie sounds really good, however Gerry’s outfit looks a little gay, like the Village People Version of Indiana Jones. I never realized how skinny he is!!! Those pants look weird. Give that boy a donut!

thatgirlxo @ 11/09/2007 at 5:34 pm

oh gerry! how much i love you! let’s get married. the end. haha

Thanks JustJared for my Gerry fix! Love him! Keep up the great work.

dr zoidberg @ 11/09/2007 at 10:50 pm

The pic looks like an ad in BlueBoy. Work it, Miss. Thang
[snaps fingers]

#16- Scotflash…lol!!!

Thanks Jared!!! I love Gerard threads!!! :)

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All