Seraphina Affleck -- Jennifer Garner's New Daughter!

Seraphina Affleck -- Jennifer Garner's New Daughter!

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have announced the name of their second daughter — Seraphina Rose Elizabeth Affleck.

Jen‘s rep told People the news first.

Seraphina, who joins 3-year-old big sis Violet, is “derived from the Biblical word ‘seraphim,’ which was Hebrew in origin and meant ‘fiery ones.’ ” She was born last Tuesday (January 6) in Los Angeles.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of the name Seraphina — YAY or NAY?

Photos: SGaboury/Filmmagic
Posted to: Ben Affleck, Celebrity Babies, Jennifer Garner, Seraphina Affleck

• Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have decided to split- US Weekly
  • Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 » Show All

i think it’s pronounced SAY-RAH-FEE-NAH
i don’t like it very much but that’s not my baby so it’s cool if they like it

upcoming inaugural @ 01/13/2009 at 4:31 pm

I wonder who little Seraphina looks like.

It would have been cute to name her Lily or Rose. There is an actress is Hollywood (can’t remember her name) who is named after a flower and all her sisters too. But maybe the Afflecks thought that was too tacky LOL.

Very unusual, but it’s pretty.

Here in Brazil its a name thats not used for decades. You only see women in the verge of dying named like this.

brittanyh @ 01/13/2009 at 4:35 pm

Rose seems to be a favorite Hollywood name.

omg please call her sera.

Ewwww…..HORRIBLE!!
Stupide celebrity!!

ava alexis @ 01/13/2009 at 4:36 pm

justme the actress is Poppy Montgomery
Poppy’s sisters are named Rosie Thorn, Daisy Yellow, Lily Belle and Marigold Sun – all named after flowers

What a sweet name! I can’t wait to see her and Violet together! :)

It seems too old-fashioned for a baby girl.

groundcontrol @ 01/13/2009 at 4:38 pm

Meh. For me this name is a miss. Maybe it wll grow on me. It does have the potential to be a strong name.
Uh oh. It just occurred to me. Are they going to call her Seri? Seri vs. Suri – I can see it now. Grudge Match Battle of the Hollywood Tykes. “Your daddy’s in the closet.” “NO! YOUR daddy’s in the closet.”

UGLY name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What on earth are they thinking !??

They should get rid of the “Seraphina” part and just give her “Rose Elizabeth” to coincide with lil’ Violet!

I bet when she grows up she’ll be called “Rose” or even “Sarah” for short!

mickeymouse @ 01/13/2009 at 4:42 pm

LMAO, that’s worst than Chase Milan…biblical I don’t think those two have anything spiritual about them.

How stupid giving someone three names, give me a f#cking break!

It’s a cute name with some elegance added on there. At least they didn’t give their baby a really stupid name like Apple or Bronx Mowgli.

Serafina like the witch in The Golden Compass!

… great!

what a pretty name!! but yeah, here in Brazil it’s a very old and unusal name.

humm If they call it Sera she’s gonna feel unique and I tink It is a pretty name

Why not? I don’t get those two middle names, though. I know I know, it’s up to them, but does anybody know why they gave her two middle names? I like Rose and I love Elizabeth but Seraphina Rose Elizabeth is quite mouthful. I think Seraphina Rose would be just simpler and nicer. Like a fantasy princess or what. :)

sounds like jewish name Serafima(((( not a cute name for a little girl

Immediately made me think of the witch queen, Serafina Pekkala, from His Dark Materials…

it is nice – like the musical. better than marigold or something.

pliepi from Holland @ 01/13/2009 at 5:03 pm

I think it is an unique name!!!!
Serephina Rose Elizabeth Affleck. Just a normal, sweet, special and unique name for a ‘fiery’ quite girl!

I realy love it! I have an aunt and her name is Severina, and my own name is also Elizabeth. The three names are beatiful. I’m wondering how you came up =-)

And I think they are a bit spiritual, because they also baptized little Violet… so the name linked to the bible sounds cool! ‘Fiery ones’; I think we have to watch out!

Congratulations Ben, Jennifer and big sister Violet! I hope you will be very happy for many years!!!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 » Show All