Bryce Dallas Howard Joins Twilight's Eclipse

Bryce Dallas Howard Joins Twilight's Eclipse

Bryce Dallas Howard will be replacing Rachelle Lefevre as the villain Victoria in the third installment of the Twilight franchise, Eclipse.

Lefevre played the role in the first two pics, Twilight and in the upcoming New Moon. The studio says the switch is due to scheduling conflicts as Lefevre will start shooting the indie drama Barney’s Version opposite Dustin Hoffman at the same time (both films have the same August 17 start date).

WHAT DO YOU THINK of the casting change???

Photos: WENN
Posted to: Bryce Dallas Howard, Rachelle Lefevre, Twilight

• Nicolas Cage cares about what people think of him- US Weekly
  • Young Jeezy drank from a $20,000 bottle of Moet- TMZ
  • Watch James David Carter get a four chair turn on The Voice- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Show All

Urgh, I hate it when original cast members get replaced!

@blair:

who says Rachelle signed on to do a series. it is very possible, even plausible that she signed to do Twilight only. then when it was a success they sought her out for the rest, only she had signed up to do this other movie already. she could do New Moon but she can’t exactly go to the other boss and demand he change his plans to suit her.

Can we start a petition or something?

I think it is stupid. Bryce is not a good actress. she was bad in all the films she played exept the Slayman two. She killed spiderman 3 and terminator and not twilight which i don’t even really like. the original girl along with robert were the only two good things in the first movie

Laura noddle @ 07/29/2009 at 2:47 am

No offense to Bryce but Twilighters LOVE Rachel. We will miss you Rachel!

Laura noddle @ 07/29/2009 at 2:47 am

No offense to Bryce but Twilighters LOVE Rachel. We will miss you Rachel!

Mrs Taylor Lautner @ 07/29/2009 at 2:59 am

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
rachael was a good Victoria!!
that is a dumb change!!!

plz plz plz dont change Victoria! =[

xox Mrs Lautner =]

@jdub:

You know people probably give a sh*t… because filming for Eclipse begins in 2 weeks so yes it’s unexpected given the time of the recast

@Mrs Taylor Lautner: Hey! I want to be Mrs. Jacob Black :) I agree, it’s too bad they changed actresses. It’s distracting.

rachelle!!! @ 07/29/2009 at 3:16 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Rachelle is perfect for that role

I think the new girl looks like how Victoria was ment to be

god, please no! Rachelle is so gorgeous as Victoria, i don’t wanna see Bryce.

No recast! Rachelle is Victoria.

I am so annoyed and disapppointed they have recast the role of Victoria! Rachelle is perfect for the role and also for continuity reasons…… this is really not good, they are going to ruin the franchise if they are not careful.

Laura, France @ 07/29/2009 at 3:53 am

I love Bryce Dallas Howard but I think it’s too bad to change characters and actors in a movie saga…

She will fit right in because she CAN’T act! She does have a talented father though.

NO WAY IN HELL
WTF are they thinking
schedels can be aranged but cating a new VIC
I DON’T THINK SO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT TAKE THAT OTHER JOB RACHELLE! ASIF YOU CHOOSE SOME OTHER **** MOVIE OVER ECLIPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMB!

I think the cast change is stupid, especially because of how fans have already accepted the cast for who they are. Regardless, I do think Bryce is a better actress and she makes a better Victoria because she has that “vampire beauty” so hopefully she won’t let fans down and pull it off!!!!

I hope this isn’t true.I understand that Rachelle Lefevre wants to work with Dustin Hoffman but c’mon ! Eclipse is the biggest movie/book for Victoria, I wouldn’t want to miss it if I already played her in the two first movies. Btw did they hire Bryce Dallas Howard just because she is a redhead? She isn’t a big star but she is still too well known for the role. Use new faces !

Chegs-HUN @ 07/29/2009 at 4:53 am

@NIck:

And Jamie Bower looks fantastic as Caius!!

agree with @jEN… looks like Bryce’s famous director daddy pulled some strings. i don’t like bryce at all, she was horrible in terminator, she’s a bad actress and she’s not pretty. and i don’t like changing characters in a series either… it would have been fine if it was bryce from twilight on… but joining only when it’s become a huge success? come on. i don’t think rachelle chose to do this, bryce prob just wanted it and summit obliged to ron howard.

I HATE when they change the cast like that. They don’t even look that much alike :(

hm, I really liked her as Victoria…

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Show All