Inside Brad & Angelina's Meeting with Lawyer

Inside Brad & Angelina's Meeting with Lawyer

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie did meet with a lawyer last month, but it wasn’t to work out details on a split.

The couple spent time with a law firm in L.A. in December, a source tells Life & Style, “where they worked out terms of a legal document similar to a prenup.”

Brad and Angie signed the document in January, which means the couple will share money, assets and custody of the kids (who would all live with Angelina in the event of their parents’ breakup).

The source says that there was no talk of a split at the meeting.

For more on the Brangelina meeting, pick up this week’s issue of Life & Style!

Photos: Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty
Posted to: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt

Ethan Miller/Getty

1,146 Comments

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 746 » Show All
pottersfield @ 01/26/2010 at 5:46 pm

1st stage: denial

Come on no one puts stuff like that in writing unless it is going to be in the near future. Its clear things are going south.

just jolie @ 01/26/2010 at 5:49 pm

OMG! They are like a real life Ken and Barbie. They are what all couples aspire to being and love how they take care of everything, to let their heavenly children know that in any event, mom and dad will be there.

They are so beautiful and they are perfect in every way. I cannot say how much respect I have for their work in charitable causes and on the screen. God really shined on these two when they were born and when they got together.

God Bless the Jolie Pitts!

thelookoflove1365 @ 01/26/2010 at 5:49 pm

Hoboy-Jared is pimping Lies and Sheet and I bet trolls, because they are brainless and have no logic will use this as proof of break up. L&S just basically write their own spin on the NOTW lies and Jared felt obligated(paid) to post this crap.
Meanwhile over at Sundance, Katie is alone, unpretty and w/o Tom and rags are not screaming BREAK UP!. I guess when It comes to Brad and Angie, everyone in Hollywood is distant second and does not merit any mention to rags and tabloid. It’s all Brad and Angie all the time.
Even after someone accidentally on purpose told E about their Haiti donation, because she donates quietely, it’s Brad and Angie that all is talking about. Trolls are scouring the internet for any negative news about this couple to make themselves feel better. Really sad bunch of people-the trolls are.
I will not post on this thread and will stay on the other thread. Change nind, sScratch that- I will give Jared a break and will not post and lurk for few days. I think I will check out Pittwatch instead for new pictures.

Love this family regardless of a breakup. I’m sure fans will agree also. They are perfect together and I wish them all the best.

Life and Style? Enough said. This isnt’ from their camp it’s from another anonymous source, so why would you believe this story?

Poor loonies! They can’t see the forest for the trees. Wake up! (shaking the loonies) Wake up I say! The fat lady has already sung and is smoking a cigar. Wake up!

“That guy is really evil.He is doing all these rumors because his book didn’t sell.”

Still, in light of all this frenzy I don’t understand why they don’t make a more official announcement telling everyone they are still together. Weak denials from “sources” or “friends” simply don’t cut it this time.

The fact that they themselves are silent speaks volumes..

dianad1968 @ 01/26/2010 at 5:52 pm

@jane:

#49
Are you bi-polar?

By the way who is leaking this information???? They can’t trust anyone to keep things confidential.

groundcontrol @ 01/26/2010 at 5:53 pm

to groundcontrol @ 01/26/2010 at 5:39 pm
#############
The point being that these decisions are always made at the time custody is decided and not before. You can make whatever wishes known you want but in the end it is the court that decides and that decision is always based on the best interests of the child at the time.
Courts are not bound by the wishes of the parents or guardians. The reality if that there are not usually a lot of people interested in taking custody of children that are not theirs so, despite the melodrama of Lifetime TV, there is not often a custody battle when parents die. Most times you have a problem finding people to take custody of orphaned or abandoned children.
I wonder who is designated as preferred guardian – Doug or Julie? Maybe it’s Uncle George – damn, Lake Como would be a great place to grow up.
Shared assets? Is anyone believing that? Brad didn’t even share assets with his ex-wife. They kept their incomes separate. Hmm. I smell a wedding.

t.m.delafonda @ 01/26/2010 at 5:56 pm

I don’t know how true this may be when the rest of the article most likely has them breaking up, fighting, missing x (Brad), etc. Anyway…. Angelina and her brother, James, made a video honoring their mother’s passing three years ago, and it is beautiful. I found it on TMZ and I must say that it is poignant and very, very beautiful.

they’re not showing up anywhere together, so it does make me wonder. i can’t wait to find out.

THIS IS A PLOY FROM LIFE AND STYLE TO GO AND PICK UP THEIR RAG. NOBODY PICK UP THIS RAG. THERE’S A LAWSUIT THAT’S GONNA HIT THEM HARD. WTF IS ALL OF THIS? THERE WAS NO MEETING. IT WAS VERIFIED NOT BY SOME LOSER BUT BY SOMEONE WHO POST ON HERE BEFORE JARED PUT UP THE LAST THREAD. THERE IS NO AGREEMENT, THERE ARE NOT GOING TO ANY STUPID ACADEMY AWARDS, AND THERE WERE NO AGREEMENTS TO WEAR CERTAIN DESIGNERS TO THOSE AWARDS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tTHEY DID NOT BREAK UP!!!!JARED IS ACTUALLY POPPING UP HIS COMPETITION HOW STUPID IS HE?

This is stupid, JJ.

TMZ posted a video. It is said that Angie and her brother make a video tribute their mother. I am not sure it is really made by Angie and her brother but it is a beautiful video.

These rags have no sources. We are the better sources.

what next? Brad and Angelina took a piss this morning? rtoflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So…pretty much Just Jared is confirming the story in it’s entirety. There’s really not much difference to this story than the original one in the News of the World publication. Their “source” also said that there was no set date for a split either, that the contract hadn’t yet come into affect. Methinks somebody somewhere is doing damage control over the fact that this wasn’t supposed to be common knowledge yet…

a prenup? They are getting married.

A,/b> lawyer? that’s right, a lawyer . A lawyer specializing in cease and desist. I’m sure all of these fake news people out there will be getting a letter from a lawyer.

OnlyNFairyTales @ 01/26/2010 at 6:04 pm

I think I’m going to try to jump on the band wagon and suck some money off Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie names. Writing about hollywood breakups that happen every day, boring.. but wedding day fairy tales where all dreams come true? BINGO. Imagine the passion and romance that sparked between them? imagine the great s*x! And the kinkier the better, because there are some sickpuppies out there still with cash to buy that will buy any bs, especially when main stream news quotes a liar. Hahahaha.
Seriously “Fairy tales are happily ever afters that never end” – Mrs. Smith!

Angelina is mourning her mom while the whole world goes berseck about a break up. Bless her heart.

finally brad will be free of that minx.

groundcontrol @ 01/26/2010 at 6:06 pm

Hee hee. Who else in the world gets people into such a frenzy? I am finding this hilarious. Angei has never felt the need to dignify such undignified intrusions into her life. Why sould she now? And Brad has learned to shrug these off like some pgieon poop that landed on his shoulder.
The only way I see the Jolie Pitts changing their tune and responding to scurrilous gossip like this is if they feel someone is getting hurt by this latest round of “break up” rumors. Mark my words, they are going to end up decamping to Europe full time just to give their kids a normal life.
My god. Who else generates this kind of excitement and frenzy? And who else generares this kind of money for the tabloids and gossip mongers? NO ONE. That’s who.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 746 » Show All