Gerard Butler & Adrien Brody: 'Let's Build A School For Haiti!'

Gerard Butler & Adrien Brody: 'Let's Build A School For Haiti!'

Gerard Butler and Adrien Brody show their support for Artists for Peace and Justice at its “Let’s Build a School for Haiti” fundraising dinner on Friday (November 5) at NYC’s Salon Millesime.

Gerard, 40, is a part of APJ’s Advisory Board, along with a handful of celebs including Daniel Craig, Russell Crowe, James Franco, Penelope Cruz, Clint Eastwood and Charlize Theron.

On the red carpet, Gerard met up and posed with Israeli TV presenter Moran Atias.

Earlier this week, the Scottish stud reportedly came to the rescue of a woman who fell on the street after tripping on her high heels.

Gerard noticed the woman on the ground after grabbing dinner with some friends in NYC and helped her to her feet!

gerard butler haiti 01

• Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 915 » Show All
what weird world did I stumble @ 11/07/2010 at 1:00 am

@justsayin’: Maybe YOU think so. But a lot of us think Gerard is gorgeous.

I’m happy he is producing. But he should never take that beautiful face away from us.

Frankly, my dear, I see no one on the youthful scene who can hold a candle to this man. I don’t see anyone better looking. I don’t see anyone who has any little tidbit of his charisma. They just can’t get it. Name one person who is better looking? Oh, this should be good. Bring on the little dweebs. Their little thin hair. Their little sunken chests.

an impression @ 11/07/2010 at 1:21 am

Seen him up close. He’s a good looking man.  Nice eyes. I would say quite the pretty really. Surprisingly  quite declicate looking up close, if you him compare to most blokes his ages. Not overly masculine, if you put up against a Vin Disel or even a Sean Bean. He does quite a few wrinkles though for someone of his age. Too much California sun and partying me thinks But nonetheless, if you saw him walking down the street, and he wasn’t famous you’d definately  give him a double take. He was nice enough, a bit abrupt, and very confident. To be honest a little on the wrong side of arrogant. But the people who were working with him were absolutely  lovely, and I like to think that speaks volumes about a person. I get the impression that if he gets to know you and trusts you, he’s probably a really nice man. But my gut feeling is he’s extremely difficult to really get to know.  That’s my take on him anyway. Please don’t ask for anymore details, I won’t give any. Enjoy reading most of the comments on this broad. Not keen on the fighting and insults about other posters though.

Sorry I missed most of this. Butler gorgeous. Crowe, not so.

Alphie, one of my favorite movies ever. That’s the Michael Caine version. Cher’s singing was really quite horrible. Why was that a hit?

Agree. Never do a remake.

@what weird world did I stumble:
well said. i too think he is gorgeous. unfortuantly just sayin and Stupidfans always say that his looks are fading.
Not by a long shot; no one has the charisma, the looks, or the brains.

For my lovely ladies..Fritz & Spanks..♥♥..3333

@impression @ 11/07/2010 at 1:50 am

@an impression:
Just curious, is he really as tall as is reported 6-2, or do you think he is shorter? Someone said in a blog that he was shorter than he thought he’d be – whatever that means.

you’ll see, gerry, very often in newspapers and television. From now on, expect to see the truth burst.,
I know it’s hard to believe now, I wonder if gerry denounced the horrible wickedness of Brangelina’s and their blackmail, or if it is going to invent a story, to give a reason, his marriage and his hidden children, 5 years

Red Dress @ 11/07/2010 at 1:56 am

@an impression

It’s funny how people have differing opinions. I too have seen Gerard up close. I was surprised to find he is mostly photogenic, not quite all that in person. Yes, cocky and arrogant, not sure his people would be so benign if he wasn’t footing the bill. His abruptness can be hurtful. And lastly, I have always thought if I saw him on the street, I wouldn’t look twice. This was a few years ago so it’s possible he has changed. Not making waves, just stating I had opposite thoughts. Nonetheless, I think he is an attractive man and have not lost my interest in him.

@impression @ 11/07/2010 at 1:59 am

@impression

@impression @ 11/07/2010 at 1:59 am

@impression

@Gracey: @Old Timer:
I totally agree. Gerry probably looks good and in-shape under the suit and there must be something new coming soon if he’s working with a trainer. Definitely, I don’t think he is the type of guy to stay without work for months on end.
It’s also evident he’s not chasing every skirt in town as peeps like to speculate here. He’s showing maturity. He knows he’s not into relationships now and is not leading anyone astray. He probably has a slew of FWB, but if they want to be in that kind of relationship with him, that’s their business.
Someone asked why his eyes look sad. I don’t think it’s sadness in his eyes, I think it’s his deep nature showing itself I think he gets into a reflective mood when he is overwhelmed with the realization of what he has achieved and who he has become. He seems to have a tendency to be introspective and philosophical about life, especially his success, and I think he is still amazed by his achievements. He’s not the type to take things for granted; everything he has is the result of his wits and hard work. He is still overwhelmed even from a comparatively small event like this fundraiser.
I remember reading an interview where he said that he couldn’t believe he was actually having dinner with the director or producer of either TimeLine or Tomb Raider – I don’t remember who he was referring to. He spoke about how he never imagined he would ever meet someone that made blockbuster movies, let alone have dinner with him to discuss an upcoming blockbuster project with him in it. That dinner left him totally overwhelmed. So I think he is still astonished by his success and fame. It’s very admirable when one is not so jaded that he/she takes things for granted, but can still feel the magnitude of something. When all is said and done, he’s still a little boy from Paisley.

@Red Dress:
when you say cocky and arrogant, which could be hurtful, in what way do you mean? did he do or say something that was not polite or do something inappropriate?

@Red Dress:

@impression @ 11/07/2010 at 2:14 am

i don’t know why my comment is posted 3 times. i think it’s some glitch with JJ because of the time change, as I posted my comment only once at around 1:30 but it’s showing a later posting. Oh, but i see someone else also with double posts. i guess, it’s indeed a glitch.

an impression @ 11/07/2010 at 2:18 am

Ok. I’llgive you this one. It’s harmlessly really isn’t it. I’m 5’10″ and my. boyfriend is 6’1″. And the Gman is taller than me.

@ reddress. I know what you mean. A friend of mine described him as heightened average looking bloke. But I do go for Irish looking guys. But I get you totally. And you are so right about the cockiness. I have to say found it harmles, if anything rather boyish. But you’re right I think some could and would definately take I the wrong way. I think, and this is only my opinion, if you’re a very no nonsense person he behaves accordingly.

Red Dress @ 11/07/2010 at 2:20 am

No he was polite, just slightly dismissive to those around him.

an impression @ 11/07/2010 at 2:29 am

@ reddress I totally get you . I know exactly what you mean.

@Red Dress:
You mean dismissive to his people?
@an impression:
I get the same vibes from him even though I never met him. I do think he’s a very difficult person to really get to know well, and he hides his true feelings most of the time. However, once he trusts someone, he could be more friendly, and is probably a good friend to a handful of people, but I still doubt that even these people really know him deeply.
I’m not sure he’s really cocky though. I think that he uses this attitude to protect his very delicate feelings. I would say he is even shy, but comes across as confident or cocky because shyness doesn’t go well with the image or confident attitude he needs to project to the world.
Bottom line, I think he protects himself emotionally from getting hurt and he has a wall build around himself.

@Red Dress:
You mean dismissive to his people?
@an impression:

InnerCircle @ 11/07/2010 at 4:11 am

@Question: I totally agree. That’s how I perceived him too. His cocky attitude is just a façade. In reality, he’s a very sensitive man who gets hurt easily, which is why he doesn’t trust people easily. Only a handfull of people really know him and that probably includes his mother. I also think he’s scared to death to open up to people because most are befriending him for their own ambitions. He’s not stupid, he sees them for what they are. But after a while, I bet it gets really hard to make a difference between the fakes and the true friends. I don’t envy him at all.

Red Dress @ 11/07/2010 at 4:14 am

@question
I did not have the impression that Gerard’s demeanor was bravado. I told what I saw; I’ll leave it to you or others to read more into it. Good night.

@InnerCircle:
So true. At this point, I don’t think he knows the difference between friend or foe, and he doesn’t really care anymore to spend time differentiating, thus the cocky attitude.
You can tell how sensitive he is from his eyes – they are quite expressive – and they don’t hide well the real feelings behind the iron wall he built around himself.
People make him to be this sexually confident guy, but I think he is meeker than one might expect. Maybe because he has been bruised by a woman before, who knows, and that’s why he won’t open up to any woman that easily.

@Red Dress:
we’re not saying it’s bravado; we’re saying his cockiness is possibly more show than actual truth of who he really is.

Hugs to all, even to those who never believed in my story, gerry will finally be happy.
continue to love gerry, he never was, a womanizer, was that film for paparazzi. his heart is took a long time,

oldfurniture @ 11/07/2010 at 5:54 am

The fat western civilisation finally makes Haiti one of their colonies! Hooray! Soon it will be “reconstructed” as a holiday resort, with the citizens as slaves for fat americans and europeans, who are just buing the whole island.
Wonderful World!