Gerard Butler: Party in Malibu!

Gerard Butler: Party in Malibu!

Gerard Butler smiles as he leaves a party on Sunday (July 3) in Malibu, Calif.

The 41-year-old Scottish stud shared a laugh with photographers as he left the beachside celebration.

Gerry stepped out with his beloved pug, Lolita, earlier in the day for a walk on the beach.

Last weekend, Gerry was spotted going surfing with friends – and later walking shirtless – on the beach in Malibu.

Gerry was recently invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Invitees are recognized for their distinguished work in the entertainment field.

gerard butler leaving party malibu 01

• Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 721 » Show All
a question @ 07/04/2011 at 6:09 pm

@gossiphound: I just found the pictures. I believe you’re right…. There’s no way he was on a 36 bender.

@WF: This can’t have been Butler. He was A-list for about a minute a few years ago. Now he is B or C-list at best so the item had to be about someone else unless the writer is a total dope.

I doubt he is drinking. He can’t handle alcohol and he knows it. If he were drinking we would have papparazi photos of him laying in the streets or stories on Twitter and Facebook of hard partying.

He is stupid but not that stupid.

Swannie

Why are there so many people speculating such trash about him. For heavens sake he can’t pass gas without someone fanning his behind.
Some pics of him are set up by his PR team but not everything he does is for PR.

SHORTHAIRGALTHEBOUNTYHUNTER @ 07/04/2011 at 6:28 pm

@lolita: VERY WELL SAID!

WO has found more pics of Gerry with Lolita. She is flirting with some other pups on the beach. Takes after her master. What a sweetie. I like how Gerry is just standing there and letting her have her time in the sun.

G decided along time ago that he was going to live his own life the way he wanted to no matter if the paps follow him everywhere he goes. When in NY, he walks or rides his bike to events, restaurants, etc. In L.A., he goes to restaurants, gas stations, starbucks and anywhere else he wants to go. He will not let the paps dictate where he goes. That is not craving attention, that is not backing down from them or living your life hidden. Now that he is in Malibu, he is doing the same thing….living his life. The Paps are everywhere and know pretty much where most of the celebrities go.

If you think they don’t make up stupid stuff about Gerry, there are comments and zooming in on the spot on his pants. Now that is hitting the bottom of the barrel. They really do take liberties when it comes to commenting on him. What a bunch of horse hooey.

When living in his mansion in Los Feliz, he is really safe there. Now he is in the mainstream, in the limelight down by the beach. Maybe he got bored, living up in the hills. I can see phannies camping out on the beach, wanting to talk to him. Hope he keeps his mansion, he will get tired of this after awhile.
So for now, this will be his summer. Never a dull moment for G!

oldbutnotdead @ 07/04/2011 at 9:11 pm

@love being famous!: @love being famous!: Well, I do distinguish between the media and the papaparazzi. They are not equivalent. The media includes late night talk shows, Craig Ferguson, photographers at premieres, etc. He has no grudge against them.

However, he is famous for disliking the papaparazzi, the vulture photographers who stalk celebs. He has complained to them many times about leaving him alone at private parties, at his home. He has not hit one in a while (too bad), and he no longer appears to give the middle finger salute, but the paps invade privacy, and if you look at the party video I posted earlier, you can see how invasive they are. He is much politer to them than most celebs. He can barely see to walk sometimes, and he has complained about that as well. Not the media!

Many times when he is having a private lunch, I have seen him approach and say if I give you one photo, will you leave? That of course is never good enough. Same types who were chasing Princess Diana when her car crashed. G is an outgoing dude, not shy (DiCaprio nearly always hides behind a baseball cap with his head down), with an extroverted personality. That extroverted outgoing funny personality is one of the reasons many of us like him, and tolerate his failings.

Paparazzi are NOT the media, and I do not confuse them. To call the paps media is like comparing the National Enquirer to the New York Times.

Ick - not again @ 07/04/2011 at 10:32 pm

Another CDAN revealed blind:
I am going to make this a blind item, but it is also a What Do You Think, because I really am curious. This A list movie actor who probably should not be A based on his most recent track record at the box office, was at dinner two nights ago. A waitress came to his table which he was sharing with two women and another guy. After taking the drink order, the waitress said someone else would deliver it because she was going on break. Now, the person who told me this, was there, and did not see any eye contact or anything between the actor and the waitress that was out of the ordinary. However, as soon as the waitress walked away, our actor got up and followed. He came back 20 minutes later. His companions asked where he had been and he said that he took a break with the waitress and later expanded by saying the waitress serviced him orally in her car. Now, as this waitress, you must know nothing is going to come of this, so why would you do this? Would you do it with any random customer? Is it because you want to say a celebrity used you?
Gerard Butler

love being famous! @ 07/04/2011 at 11:11 pm

@Ick – not again:

wow what is it pick on Gerard Butler day for the 4th, lol? Yuck if it’s true, but there are countless of people, waitresses or anyone else, who would certainly run at the opportunity to have their 20 mins with a celeb! Nothing new.

@oldbutnotdead:

I meant more paps, tho he certainly does love to be interviewed and on talk shows and have his handsome pics published in the tabs. I think like most celebs he loves the positive attention, but when they write something untrue or annoying, or pester him, he will hate it. If the blind item is not true, I think he prob will think it sucks (so to speak) that they wrote something untrue, rather than he will prob say, “Oh good the masses think I got another bj!”

“Looks like he’s finally gone over to do the dark side and embraced the shallow Hollywood lifestyle. Really sad. Hey ho. Is this the real GB? Or, is he merely entering the “a**hole” phase of stardom.”

This is from the last thread. You have to hope this isn’t true. That he isn’t changing and going to the dark side. Is this the real GB?
A good question to ask….I hope he stays true to himself.

I’m pretty sure now that Just Jared caters to movie starts looking to get some attention. Because I can’t imagine the paps out there stalking Butler. He looks just gross and unkempt……theres no appeal at all. Who is his market anyway? Boys or girls, men or women? Theres just nothing there if you ask me.

This seems way more believable than the other revealed vice. The quickie BJ is probably more the norm, least amount of commitment and effort required. Gag.

Well enty is a lawyer I would imagine that he is very careful about things he could get in trouble for. He must have his butt covered. I agree with whoever said G has some sh/t going on. These blinds I am sure is why you see G walking Lolita on the beach. And I am sure we will see a few other fan friendly ‘candid’ moments. If the drinking is true, it just shows how none of the people closest to G are true friends.

Interesting @ 07/05/2011 at 12:20 am

@oldbutnotdead: Your post are curous. It’s like a gb “mind-meld”.

cubedweller @ 07/05/2011 at 12:30 am

Great – another Butler is a world-class manho story. Wait – a no-class manho. Note to self – don’t eat at THAT restaurant :-P Anyone for hand sanitizer?
IF.IF.IF this is for real, I’m thinking there was a cash transaction involved. And how repulsive if he went back to the table and bragged about it.
I’m so tired of it. I’m tired of the pervasive culture of sleaze that seems to follow this guy. The blurbs, the stories, the jokes, the blinds, the TMZ song for gawd’s sake. I just want to see a good movie out of him. And as a bonus I’d like for him, as a person, not to self-destruct.
And I’d like to see him do a real, non-puff piece interview with a genuine journalist – one that is not flipping her hair and hiking her dress up to her spleen. Is that so much to ask, Butler PR geniuses?

While I have no doubt that some of the CDAN blind item reveals are true and that a lot more are based in a grain of truth, when you read them all together at the same time, they somehow seem collectively less true.

@cubedweller:
Have to agree Cubie. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth, well at least that waitress’ mouth. :P
I truly believe that this is how Butler has been all along. He is just getting outted because of social media. I think back to Ischia all those years ago and it seems he hasn’t changed a bit in that aspect. He was tagging whatever would wave her fanny at him and he still seems to be doing it.
The problem I find with Butler is he seems to be believing his own BS PR. That interview just posted got my gag reflex going. He didn’t seem sincere or genuine. It was like he was playing at being interviewed. His head, not the one the waitress serviced, is growing to huge proportions.
I’m tired of the PR BS too. The smoking took the last of his sex appeal away for me. If his next movie isn’t good, I’m going to be a lost fan. At the rate he is going, his movies won’t come out soon enough for even his die-hards to hang in there.

@BBB:
I don’t buy the drinking one but I highly suspect the BJ one to have foundation. Remember Shanna Moakler? The RUMORS of her servicing him in the restroom at Shin’s opening…
Or how about the stripper at Voyeur? Beatriz? Martina? Laurie? And the list goes on and on.

@Manny:

I tend to agree with your assessment of GB’s blind items on the site, but if you want some serious entertainment I’d recommend reading the rest of them as well. It seems like this time he (and I have my doubts it’s really a him and really a lawyer) really went more for the jugular. Lots of item reveals that may not have been revealed in the past because they were too “sensitive”- affairs, outings, etc. My favorite may be the one that Anniston and Pitt only got married because she wouldn’t sleep with him until he did.

cubedweller @ 07/05/2011 at 1:15 am

@Manny: He said it himself – If you don’t have fans you don’t have a career.
.”His head, not the one the waitress serviced, is growing to huge proportions.”
Yes – I detected that as well. I was looking forward to watching this because I almost always enjoy his interviews, but I couldn’t wait till it ended, it was so empty.

cubedweller @ 07/05/2011 at 1:29 am

It will be interesting to see if there are any repercussions from these reveals. The one about the drinking is the one most potentially dangerous to Butler’s career and reputation, so if indeed it’s false, he might want to get out there and make a strong, clear denial. Making a flippant comment to the paps, which he has done in the past regarding rumors, isn’t going to cut it.

Katie in LA @ 07/05/2011 at 1:50 am

I have read many of these comments and it is amazing the assumptions that so many make about someone whom they do not know. Everyone here knows what they have read of which much is manufactured by the rags. Gerry does not “party” by the standard definition that most would assume. He does not drink or do drugs. He may go to alot of functions – some of that is part of the job and part of it is because he enjoys traveling and meeting people but you will never see him with an alcoholic drink in hand. Recently, he has grown his hair and lost the weight for his upcoming film, Mavericks in which he will portray Rick “Frosty” Hesson, surfer Jay Moriorty’s mentor. This is why he has been spending time in Malibu surfing. He also happens to have a number of projects scheduled for both his production company as well as some others. So he is far from at the end of his career – Swansong. He will continue to work as long as his movies make money and they make a TON of money. He has nothing to worry about for quite some time to come.

oldbutnotdead @ 07/05/2011 at 1:54 am

@Interesting: I spent 25 years analyzing case files, and pulling out facts, as a lawyer. After retirement, I have spent the last five years analyzing journal articles in Anthropology, Archaeology and Geography. Analysis in order to put a picture together is what I have been doing for decades, so it comes as second nature to me. I like to write, and have another writer in the family, who has been writing fiction for over 35 years.

I could always pull facts out of the largest case file, I just remembered everything it held. I am still that way, although day to day things may get forgotten, or put aside. If a subject interests me, I will research it to death; does not mean I am always right in my assessment, but I do work a subject. I was aggressive as an California State attorney, turning facts on applicants in workers comp cases, and when I retired, the attorneys on the other side said they wanted to attend to make sure that I was really retiring. Now I am older, tired (!!! … :) and down to doing lectures for a community group on archaeology and geography, nowhere near as aggressive as I used to be, but still like to analyze facts.

I am not sure exactly what you mean though by GB meld. Interesting comment!

As for the two silly “blind” articles, I am always distrustful of people who make anonymous accusations of this nature. They read as if the blogger found a tiny bit of info, and then expanded it.

The BJ article makes it sound like one of G’s male friends talked. I really, really doubt it. I have never heard of an unattached man (and many married ones) who would not go out of his way for a BJ, and I am sure G is in that category, but I really doubt his friends talked, or a waitress would talk, so I doubt the incident. A waitress away from her station for 20 minutes? Wow, a really understanding management at that restaurant!

As a retired lawyer, let me be cynical about lawyers. Every year Iawyers who break the rules either become disbarred or suspended or put on probation, and the list is published monthly in the California Bar Journal. I do not know who Enty is, where he or she is located, but as long as a name is not attached to his articles, he could be possibly protected. I have never read that material. Whoever the four women are that attach names to the blind articles, may not be protected from slander, if anyone cared to follow up. However, celebs get this kind of stuff published all the time, if they sued all the time, they would indeed be busy in court daily and the lawyers would get rich!

Harvey Levin, of TMZ is an inactive lawyer, Cal Bar No. 66577, and he often says things that are just barely within legal. I admit I find Harvey funny and watch his show, although it is sometimes a bit cruel.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 721 » Show All