Angelina Jolie Casts Japanese Musician Miyavi as 'Unbroken' Villain!

Angelina Jolie Casts Japanese Musician Miyavi as 'Unbroken' Villain!

Angelina Jolie has just cast Japanese singer and guitarist Miyavi as the villain in her upcoming highly anticipated film Unbroken!

The role – Mutsushiro Watanabe, also known as “The Bird” – is the guard who made it his mission to break the spirit of Lou Zamperini, and who haunted the athlete-turned-POW’s every step after he was captured in WWII, according to Deadline.

Production is set to begin in two weeks in Australia, and will be released on December 25, 2014.

In case you missed it, check out this pic of Angelina leaning on real life Olympic runner and World War II prisoner of war Louis Zamperini. Lou‘s story inspired the plot for Unbroken.

Photos: Getty
Posted to: Angelina Jolie, Miyavi, Unbroken

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 729 » Show All
Love the JoliePitts @ 10/11/2013 at 3:53 pm

@Passing Through:
Thanks for this post Passing Through. Loved this part.
“After a long search for the perfect actor, the filmmakers continually found themselves returning to Miyavi’s captivating audition, one that mixed grace, ferocity, sensitivity and sophistication. That audition got Miyavi his first lead role in a Hollywood film. ”
And this
“After meeting Angie, it became clear to me that an underlying theme to this story is forgiveness. This resonated with me because that is exactly what I want express through my music. I look forward to taking on this challenge whole-heartedly.”

The old prostitute continues with the paid advertisement for her future disaster. She is still miserable about the disaster her directorial debut turned out to be, so she’s once again dead set on proving she’s good at something, this time by taking a very basic movie by exploiting a World War II story. LOL.

What does a high school dropout junkie with a penchant for self mutilation and S&M games know about history any way? And how could an avid promoter of guns and violence ever approach a topic such as war in a sensible and responsible manner? Of course we know the true work rests on the shoulders of second unit and assistant directors, but still, having Heroina directing a movie about war and violence is like having Chris Brown directing a Tina Turner biopic. Absolutely stupid!

Love the JoliePitts @ 10/11/2013 at 3:57 pm

@groundcontrol:
Glad to hear it. :)

groundcontrol @ 10/11/2013 at 3:58 pm

@Love the JoliePitts:
################
Love, I was reading backwards and didn’t see your post about your health issues until after I replied. You have my very best wishes for good news and regained strength and health for you.
As you have wisely learned, I have been treating myself to an absence of negative things as much as possible and romantic Masterpiece Theater shows. LOL!
You are so right about Angelina’s abilities. She is incredibly talented and disciplined – I think her discipline allows her to soar in many areas where others are too scared to even try.
Be well.

@Love the JoliePitts: Hi my dear Love, It’s so great to see you are here and feeling better every day. I’m so happy for Angie, she was looking so happy the last time I saw her photo. Love, that photo of LZ and Angie is a keeper, it’s just one of the most beautiful photo of Angie. I just love to see the love between LZ and Angie. I’m sure she’s going to do a masterful job with unbroken. Take care of your dear self and have a blessed day.

Urban Dictionary @ 10/11/2013 at 3:59 pm

“a zamperini” – getting one’s salad tossed by hired subordinate scum while berating a minority nanny.

Angelina will received her Oscar Saturday, November 16, 2013 TASMIN. It will be a glorious day and night for all around the world TASMIN.

Angelina is an Achiever TASMIN!

Passing Through @ 10/11/2013 at 4:05 pm

# 19 groundcontrol @ 10/11/2013 at 3:45 pm
Glad you’re doing better, GC! I’m finding the casting choices very interesting. I don’t think anyone could have seen this one coming. It’s got to be like looking for a needle in a haystack to find fresh faces that can deliver the goods. We know Angie’s not making all these casting decisions on her own but I hope it all works out.

Love the JoliePitts @ 10/11/2013 at 4:08 pm

@Rose:
Hello to my Lady Rose. Nice to see you on board.
Rose, isnt’ Angelina amazing?
She and her crew are putting together a great cast for Unbroken. And I understand Louis and Laura will be consultants on the film. I think this is going to be a phenomenal undertaking that will produce a greatly inspiring film.
What great respect and confidence Universal is showing in Angelina placing this august project under her direction. They know she is more than capable of doing a great job and Louis has the utmost confidence in her as well.
I am just awed by how all of this is being put together. I can’t blame Angelina for being just a bit excited about finally seeing this movie come to fruition. Just think this movie has been @ 58 years trying to come to the screen. Amazing.

groundcontrol @ 10/11/2013 at 4:11 pm

@Passing Through:
################
Thanks, PT.
I agree. Angie is very creative and willing to take risks. It must have been obvious that this musician had acting skills since he auditioned. Creative artistic people are rarely talented in just one area anyway.

@Urban Dictionary:

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHA… Heroina should have that trademark, perhaps she’ll then collect a penny or two, you know, since acting is not paying the bills anymore.

@Love the JoliePitts: Hi Love, isn’t it laughable to watch the trolls having a total meltdown while the fans are loving all of Angie’s good news. It’s so good to scroll pass the trolls comments and laugh at them while they wasted their time writing nonsense that the fans just scroll by without reading. Life is good to be a Jolie Pitt fan. :-), take care Love.

groundcontrol @ 10/11/2013 at 4:20 pm

@Rose:
################
I appreciate the advice. I’m trying but whenever I make tea it’s been making me sick to my stomach. I did have some very weak tea last night though and it was soothing.
My neighborhood grocer suggested I boil ginger for 20 minutes and add honey. I bought the ginger but when I got home I couldn’t find it so either it never went into my bag or it got tossed by mistake.

Love the JoliePitts @ 10/11/2013 at 4:32 pm

@Passing Through:
Passing Through, if I may agree with you, I, too, find the casting choices very interesting and especially in the case of this singer, Miyavi”
who says he wishes to express the same theme in his music that Louis is expressing in his book and so it appears Miyavi will bring a passionate portrayal in this his very first film appearance because he and Louis are of the same mind. What an awesome opportunity for this man.
It would be interesting if some of his music appears on the soundtrack of the movie.

@groundcontrol: I so sorry you cannot stomach the tea. My husband works Outside in the winter and I always make lemon and honey tea for him when he has a cold, and it works. Hope you feel better soon. take care.

YBF FRESH FACE: Meet “12 Years A Slave” Star Lupita Nyong’o
Oct 11 | by _YBF

She’s stunning, she’s smart, she talented. And pretty freakin’ fabulous. Actress Lupita Nyong’o, who makes her film debut in 12 Years Of Slave, is generating Oscar buzz all over Hollywood. Meet Lupita inside…

Since we love a fresh YBF face on the scene….

Yale School of Drama graduate Lupita Nyong’o makes her film debut in 12 Years Of Slave (in theaters now) and is an upcoming actress who’s taken Hollywood by storm.

Born in Mexico and raised in Kenya by an influential family (her father is a professor at the University of Nairobi & FORBES named her cousin as one of Africa’s most powerful women in 2012), Lupita starred in the Kenyan television series Shuga (2008) and wrote, directed, and produced the documentary In My Genes (2009) before setting her sights on Hollywood.

She has a few editor, director and producer credits to her name thanks to creating a video documentary or two on her own. And now that this 30-year-old gorgeous gal has landed her first big screen role, Hollywood execs (and award show committees) have taken notice.

The Hollywood Reporter recently revealed that Lupita will receive the prestigious New Hollywood Award at the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards on Oct. 21. She’ll be in good company as Robert Pattinson, Gabourey Sidibe and Quvenzhane Wallis have all received the award.

Film director Steve McQueen noted that 1,000 hopefuls audition for Lupita’s role in 12 Years A Slave and “It was like finding Scarlett O’Hara.” Next up for Lupita, she’ll star opposite big screen vet Liam Neeson in Non-Stop.

In the photo above, Lupita (in a blue Roland Mouret cocktail dress and Kwiat jewelry) posed with director Steve McQueen, actress Sarah Paulson, actor Chiwetel Ejiofor, actress Alfre Woodard, and actor Paul Dano at the premiere of the movie during the 51st New York Film Festival at Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center this week.

Passing Through @ 10/11/2013 at 4:42 pm

OT -
Has Nic Kidman really been freezing her face for nearly 20 years? She’s so plastic now that Barbie’s thinking of suing. Scary…

Love the JoliePitts @ 10/11/2013 at 4:43 pm

@groundcontrol:
Thank you, Groundcontrol, for your very kind words.
Yes, I could not agree more, eliminate the negative. The negative produces nothing anyway that is why the troll continues on its daily downward angry slide to oblivion. Nothing it has ever said or done impacts the JP fans or the JPs in any way. The troll’s life is one big waste of its own time.
And my favorite Masterpiece Theatre movie was Middlemarch. OMG!!!! what a love story.
By the way, I did the Ginger Tea and it was very good….with honey. But that rest and peace of mind with quiet works miraculously.:)
Blessings. :)

were the morons @ 10/11/2013 at 4:57 pm

I loved the photo of Angelina and Louis Zamperini. She is genuinely admired by all that he’s endured. I see Unbroken is coming along just fine too. What was that trolls? I hear screams from the pacific ocean.

Shoutout to Rose and Phool.

& GC, I have read you’re battling a cold? Make sure to get plenty of rest. Feel better soon!

Jen the Hag @ 10/11/2013 at 4:57 pm

OMG!!!This dude looks like Jenny Shmitzu

thelookoflove1365 @ 10/11/2013 at 4:57 pm

Brad Pitt’s Charity To Build $50K Home For Hurricane Sandy Family
t’s been nearly a year since Superstorm Sandy ravaged parts of the northeast, and some families are still struggling to pick up the pieces.

In New York’s Rockaway neighborhood, rebuilding efforts were ongoing as of this summer, but a new project, organized by actor Brad Pitt’s charity and three other organizations, is aiming to make at least one family’s broken home complete.

According to the New York Daily News, the actor’s “Make it Right” charity will build a $50,000 storm-resistant home in the Queens neighborhood to showcase several designs created in a competition by the American Institute of Architects and Architecture for Humanity. The project is sponsored by Dow Building Solutions.

Pitt’s organization tapped Toronto firm Sustainable.TO to design the house, while New Orleans-based St. Bernard Project oversees the process of selecting the family who will call it home.

The design, a recreation of the bungalows traditionally found in the area, features a split roof that creates a row of windows to keep the house bright and warm year-round and requires little heating or cooling, in classic “passive house” style.

Sustainable.TO’s environmentally friendly bungalow is one of four styles available to the public for purchase, including Rockaway residents eager for any signs of new construction in their hard-hit beach town.

In 2007, when Brad Pitt launched the Make It Right foundation, the organization committed to a similar recovery effort — building 150 environmentally-friendly homes in a New Orleans’ Lower Ninth Ward which was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. By June of last year, the project was halfway complete.

Love the JoliePitts @ 10/11/2013 at 5:12 pm

Hi Rose,

I responded to your post #37 but it went into oblivion.
I will try and repost later.

@Ⱦamsin:

Kill anyone lately?

Media Wh@re MANiston @ 10/11/2013 at 6:14 pm

To the trolls who say Brad doesn’t have an Oscar. Neither do these men.

Love the JoliePitts @ 10/11/2013 at 6:14 pm

Jolie, who had impressed Universal executives with her 2011 feature directing debut In The Land Of Blood And Honey. She flipped for the book and for Zamperini, and won the job over several other accomplished directors.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 729 » Show All