'The Vow' Tops Box Office

'The Vow' Tops Box Office

Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum‘s romantic drama The Vow took the top spot at the box office this weekend!

The film took in a remarkable $41.7 million and exceeded expectations.

Read Past Box Office Results

Second place went to Denzel Washington and Ryan ReynoldsSafe House, which brought in $39.3 million, while Vanessa HudgensJourney 2 earned $27.6 million, Variety reports.

Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace‘s re-release in 3-D also debuted this weekend and earned $23 million.

WHAT DID YOU SEE at the movies this weekend?

• Who is Fun. frontman Nate Ruess dating?- US Weekly
  • Ray J is being charged with 10 crimes- TMZ
  • The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman addresses pregnancy rumors- Gossip Cop
  • Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

I went to see The Vow a couple of hours ago. I love it! Ms McAdams never disappoints! :)

Dubya Bush @ 02/12/2012 at 1:48 pm

I wonder why so many people were at the movies this weekend?

SAAAFE HOUSE!!!!!!!

The80sRule @ 02/12/2012 at 2:03 pm

George Lucas is STILL the man!

Haters Suck! @ 02/12/2012 at 2:11 pm

Even though Denzel is my favorite actor ever and star wars are my 6 favorite movies of all time (yes I’m a star wars geek have fun with that) me my little bro and my little cosuin went and saw my favorite Hollywood girl vanessa and the Rock in journey 2. It was a fun movie and a fun afternoon. Really happy with the way things turned out.

Jennica Panettiere @ 02/12/2012 at 2:15 pm

Damn those numbers are impressive! Every movie listed could have been number one last month.

@Dubya Bush: valentine’s day weekend + sappy love movie = lots of girls (and their boyfriends) at the movie theatre

Star Wars rocked–well except for Jar Jar Binks!

Denzel is AMAZZING. Really strong performance as usual

Denzel and Ryan were awesome in Safe House! Looking forward to seeing The Vow on Valentine’s Day!

Great News 4 Rachel & Chan @ 02/12/2012 at 3:43 pm

Channing Tatum was truly amazing in his role. Brilliant movie THE VOW, eveyone should watch it AGAIN, AGAIN.

It’s sssssoooooooooo romantic. I truly love the ending as it was very different. It stated at the very start of the movie what happened to the real life couple, so the ending made perfect sense.

Not sure why some people are complaining about the ending (DID THEY NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE or just focused on Channing amazing BUTT). Or maybe, Notebook or Dear John fans of a small majority cannot take the crossover. It’s one of the best REALISTIC romantic movies EVER both sets of fans should be VERY PROUD.

Also, I love Rachel in anything but lets be 100% clear, this movie broke records because of Channing Tatum as 74% of women went and even from the Youtube videos of their premiere for this movie, it’s all about Channing.

I’m VERY proud of both for having hits (I hope it stays at No. 1 for a while).

Based on the fact that Channing has had a huge hit with this, I suggest the GI Joe maketing team rethink again and showcase him more in the adverts. Of course, I love the ROCK and Bruce but whatever you thought of the 1st GI Joe movie he helped to sell it, so I think they should showcase him more and don’t kill him off. This movie is going to make even more money now.

Furthermore, it’s funny that Jonah Hill has been nominated for an Oscar, and again Channing has had another major breakthrough with this movie (he was good in Haywire too not his fault it didn’t make more money) meaning 21 Jump Street is going to be massive HIT too (all the reviews so far have stated his particular performance is brilliant plus it’s similar to Superbad).

This is long but I’m happy for Channing, heck and Magic Mike hasn’t even come out yet (think the ladies can handle Channing, plus all the other sexy guys in that field – look out for another record being broken if done right) – they need to show the trailer very soon.

By the way, well done to Denzel and Ryan, in fact all 4 movies they have done the unthinkable set a new record for Feb.

LOVE DENZEL, they couldve picked a better lead than Ryan, but SafeHouse was still an exciting movie.

GO Channing @ 02/12/2012 at 4:26 pm

Channing Tatum was amazing in this. Looking forward to his next movie. Sweet his truly hot guy.

Channing Tatum is becoming a BIG star-(lots of hit movies-and his current one The Vow is at #1) despite the fact that he’s much more looks than talent(not that there’s anything wrong with that.) I guess you could say that he’s a movie star as opposed to an actor. But I wish him well and lots of continued success. He seems like a very nice guy.

I love the premise of the movie, it’s not original, but what is. The trailer looked really good and it still is a good premise for a story. I’m going to check it out. I really never particularly like Tatum, but I didn’t dislike him either.

Channing Tatum can Act @ 02/12/2012 at 6:30 pm

When 21 Jump Street comes out, everyone will be talking differently about Channing Tatum and show him much more respect as an actor.

The Vow was excellent well acted by all. Glad it hit the top spot. I’m going back for more.