Top Stories

Coronavirus Breaking News, Photos, and Videos

Jake Paul Backtracks On Calling COVID A Hoax; Says He Was 'Misquoted'

Jake Paul caused a bit of drama earlier in the week, as he claimed that COVID-19 was just a hoax.

“A hundred percent. There are people losing jobs, there are small businesses who are going bankrupt, there are millions of people who are unemployed right now, people are turning to alcohol and drugs to cope with everything that’s going on. This is the most detrimental thing to our society. COVID cases are at less than 1 percent, and I think the disease is a hoax,” the 23-year-old YouTube star claimed in an interview with The Daily Beast.

But now, he’s backtracking on his words and revealing he didn’t actually say those things.

“So this guy, this reporter, he misquoted me,” Jake shared with The Verge. “He took what I said out of context, and I told him that. I told him that the whole entire time.”

He continued, “COVID is very, very real. COVID is very real, like, it’s killed so many people. It’s killed people I know. It’s killed someone very, very close to me. So that’s what I’m saying. I don’t even know where that came from.”

While Jake insisted that his words were misquoted, the reporter who wrote the article has audio to prove he did indeed say that coronavirus was a hoax.

During his original interview, Jake also said that 98% of the news is fake as well and claimed most articles online were just after clickbait.

If you didn’t see, here’s why Jake was in the news the last time around…

Sweden's Prince Carl Philip & Wife Princess Sofia Test Positive For Coronavirus

Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia of Sweden have tested positive for COVID-19.

The married couple are quarantining with their children, Prince Alexander and Prince Gabriel, and are said to have only have mild flu like symptoms, according to a statement issued by the Palace.

“On Wednesday, November 25, Their Royal Highnesses Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia went in to quarantine after they showed symptoms of illness and were subsequently found to be infected with covid-19,” it started off. “The prince and princess show milder flu symptoms, but feel well under the circumstances.”

It continues, “Immediately after the illness, the Prince and Princess were quarantined at home with their children.”

“Infection tracing is initiated under the supervision of the King and the family life doctor. Their Majesties The King and Queen and Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel, who are part of the infection tracking, will be tested on Thursday.”

Carl Philip and Sofia aren’t the first royals to test positive for coronavirus.

Britain’s Prince Charles, and his son Prince William have also. See who the others royals were here…

Jude Law Was Warned That a Real Pandemic Was Inevitable While Filming 'Contagion'

Jude Law is opening up about his experience filming 2011 thriller Contagion.

The 47-year-old actor spoke about what he learned on the set in an interview with GQ.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Jude Law

During the chat, he talked about his role in the film and how it was similar to the coronavirus outbreak.

“There was absolutely the sense that this was going to happen. The great scientists on set with us who had worked with Scott [Z. Burns] the writer and [director] Steven [Soderbergh] were very learned and experienced individuals who knew what to expect. And they all said to us that this was going to happen — and it was a case of when rather than if,” he explained.

“The way they described it, which is exactly as it has happened, just made sense. What’s scary is you learn in a set like that because you’re being advised by experts, but it doesn’t necessarily sit.”

He played Alan Krumwiede in the film, and said he was scared after making the movie.

“When 2020 started, and we heard about what was initially happening in China, what fast became apparent around the world, it rang alarm bells. Unfortunately, I wasn’t hugely surprised.”

Check out the cast of Contagion, then and now.

Jake Paul Falsely Claims COVID-19 Is 'A Hoax' & '98% of News Is Fake'

Jake Paul is making it clear that he is unbothered by the pandemic.

The 23-year-old YouTuber was confronted in an interview with the Daily Beast for throwing maskless parties over the summer amid the coronavirus crisis, which has resulted in over 260,000 deaths in the United States thus far.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Jake Paul

“Yeah, I mean… it’s time for us to open up. Obviously it’s a controversial subject, but it’s time for our nation to open up and go back to normal,” he said of his position on the issue.

“A hundred percent. There are people losing jobs, there are small businesses who are going bankrupt, there are millions of people who are unemployed right now, people are turning to alcohol and drugs to cope with everything that’s going on. This is the most detrimental thing to our society. COVID cases are at less than 1 percent, and I think the disease is a hoax,” he went on to say.

When told that 260,000 people died this year, he said “Ugh. Yeah, and so has the flu.”

He was then corrected and told only a fraction of people died of the flu, which also has a vaccine.

“OK…don’t we have a vaccine for COVID?” he asked, before learning that a vaccine is not available yet.

“I don’t have to elaborate,” he went on to say of his stance.

“I don’t think we do know who the health professionals are. People like yourself, or people who go on Twitter and read articles all day, you know, 98 percent of news is fake, so how do we know what’s actually real, and what we’re actually supposed to do? I see people on Twitter complaining and being all upset, and saying this person knows this or that, but no one actually knows what to believe. Medical professionals have also said that masks do absolutely nothing to prevent the spread of coronavirus,” he went on to claim.

“I’m not saying it’s true or not! I’m not saying it’s true or not, and I’m not here to have a debate with you about it, I’m just telling you what I’ve been told. So, how do we know what information we’re supposed to believe or not? I think the problem with this call is, you’re trying to make everything black or white, when in 2020 everything is very gray. But you’re a reporter, and you want clickbait, and you want answers, so you want everything to be black or white, when in fact it’s not that, so that’s where you need to open up your mind, as someone who controls media, and influences a lot of what people read and say and breathe and do.”

Jake Paul trended earlier in the month with his claims about his influence as well.

DWTS Finalist Nev Schulman Reveals He & Wife Laura Perlongo Had Coronavirus in March

Nev Schulman is opening up about his own experience with coronavirus earlier this year.

The 36-year-old Catfish star and DWTS finalist revealed that he and wife, Laura Perlongo, both tested positive for COVID-19 in March.

“It was really scary as there was so little information available and we were terrified that our kids would get sick too,” he recalled in an Instagram post. “For over three weeks, my constant fatigue, headaches and difficulty breathing was awful and the stress of wondering if my symptoms would worsen was horrifying.”

“Thank God my condition improved and our kids didn’t get sick and we were able to safely quarantine. With all the fear, uncertainty, and unrest that has followed its been a roller coaster of emotions for all of us,” Nev added. “It’s hard to believe that despite all that, my year is ending with one of the most positive and amazing experiences of my life. I am so blessed that I have my family and that we have our health.”

Nev just recently spoke to Entertainment Tonight about how the coronavirus lingered on.

“Throughout the summer and fall I have had this sort of weird toe injury and achiness, you could say, which is pretty common,” he shared. “I don’t have it so much anymore, but they will start hurting [sometimes]. It has not, fortunately, inhibited my dancing abilities.”

WATCH: Nev Schulman Earns First Perfect Score on ‘DWTS’ Season 29 for His Black Swan Dance! (Video)

When asked why he decided to share his story now, Nev said that “looking back at the season of Dancing, and really reflecting on this year and all the things that brought me to this point, it just served as a really appropriate metaphor: how some things cannot be great and going poorly, but then an amazing opportunity will strike.”

“Despite the tragedy of COVID, of course, in this pandemic, not filming Catfish on the road oddly opened up an opportunity for me to be in one place and be on the show. I am so grateful, and I just feel like that was something I wanted to share.”

Nev and his pro partner, Jenna Johnson, will be competing for the mirrored-ball trophy tonight on Dancing With The Stars. Stay tuned to watch!

Quantas Airlines Will Require International Travelers to Be Vaccinated Against COVID-19

Quantas Airlines will require any international travelers to have been given the COVID-19 vaccine before traveling on their airplanes.

Currently, a Coronavirus vaccine has not been widely approved but there are several options at this time that appear to give hope for the future.

“Whether you need that domestically, we’ll have to see what happens with COVID-19 in the market, but certainly for international visitors coming out and people leaving the country, we think that’s a necessity,” CEO Alan Joyce told the Australian news program A Current Affair.

“I’m talking to my colleagues in other airlines around the globe and I think it’s going to be a common theme across the board,” he added.

Meanwhile, Dr. Anthony Fauci recently revealed when he thinks life could go back to normal.

Bad Bunny Misses American Music Awards 2020 After Coronavirus Diagnosis

Bad Bunny was forced to skip the 2020 American Music Awards on Sunday night (November 22) and now, it has been revealed that he was diagnosed with the Coronavirus.

The 26-year-old entertainer was supposed to perform at the show, and as the night went on, fans began to wonder when his performance would air. Eventually, it became evident that he would not be performing, confusing fans who were waiting all night.

Bad Bunny was originally set to perform his #1 global hit “Dákiti” with Jhay Cortez live for the first time at the AMAs,” Acoustyle Communication, the company that represents Bad Bunny, said in a statement (via E! News). They continued, “but unfortunately, the artist tested positive for COVID-19, which forced him to cancel the presentation.”

While he was not able to make it in person, Bad Bunny did have success at the show!