Top Stories

Kevin Hart Latest News, Photos, and Videos

Michael Che Defends Kevin Hart Amid Oscars Controversy on 'SNL' - Watch!

Michael Che is defending Kevin Hart after he stepped down from his 2019 Oscars following controversy and backlash caused by newly resurfaced homophobic tweets.

The 35-year-old comedian addressed Kevin‘s controversy during Saturday Night Live‘s Weekend Update segment on Saturday night (December 8).

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Kevin Hart

“Well, that was short,” he said.

“Didn’t the Academy nominate Mel Gibson for an award just last year? Also, if Kevin Hart isn’t clean enough to host the Oscars then no black comic is. The only black comic I know that’s cleaner than Kevin Hart is booked for the next 3-10 years,” he said as a picture of Bill Cosby was shown.

Watch below.

Nick Cannon Calls Out Female Comedians Over Past Homophobic Tweets While Defending Kevin Hart

Nick Cannon is sticking up for his pal Kevin Hart.

After Kevin announced that he had stepped down from hosting the 2019 Oscars after his past homophobic tweets resurfaced, the 38-year-old former America’s Got Talent host took to Twitter to call out female comedians Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman, and Chelsea Handler that he says also used homophobic language.

“Interesting🤔 I wonder if there was any backlash here…” Nick tweeted while calling out Chelsea and Amy for using “f-g” in their tweets from 2010 and 2012.

Nick also brought up Sarah‘s tweet 2010 when she wrote, “I don’t mean this in a hateful way but the new bachelorette’s a f—-t.”

Sarah recently opened up about her past mistakes saying, “All I can do is learn from it, be changed forever by it, and do what I can to make it right going forward…Certainly stuff that I did 10 or 15 years ago, I cringe at now.”

Kevin stepped down from the Oscars and apologized to the LGBTQ community and initially refusing to apologize for his homophobic tweets.

Kevin Hart Steps Down From Hosting Oscars 2019: 'I Sincerely Apologize to the LGBTQ Community'

Kevin Hart has decided to step down from his hosting duties at the 2019 Oscars.

The 39-year-old comedian took to Twitter on Thursday (December 6) to explain his choice to fans, which he made after facing concerns about his history of homophobic tweets that recently resurfaced.

“I have made the choice to step down from hosting this year’s Oscar’s,” he tweeted. “This is because I do not want to be a distraction on a night that should be celebrated by so many amazing talented artists.”

“I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past,” he added.

“I’m sorry that I hurt people,” Kevin wrote in another tweet. “I am evolving and want to continue to do so. My goal is to bring people together not tear us apart. Much love & appreciation to the Academy. I hope we can meet again.”

Check out a video Kevin shared on Instagram just ahead of his resignation below.

Click inside to watch Kevin’s Instagram video…More Here! »

Kevin Hart Responds to Homophobic Tweet Controversy After Oscars Host Announcement (Video)

Kevin Hart is breaking his silence over concerns about his history of derogatory jokes concerning the LGBTQ community, which have resurfaced after he was announced as host of the 2019 Oscars this week.

The 39-year-old comedian took to Instagram on Thursday (December 6) to share his thoughts.

“Stop looking for reasons to be negative…Stop searching for reasons to be angry….” he wrote. “I swear I wish you guys could see/feel/understand the mental place that I am in. I am truly happy people….there is nothing that you can do to change that…NOTHING.”

“I work hard on a daily basis to spread positivity to all….with that being said. If u want to search my history or past and anger yourselves with what u find that is fine with me,” he continued. “I’m almost 40 years old and I’m in love with the man that I am becoming. You LIVE and YOU LEARN & YOU GROW & YOU MATURE. I live to Love….”

“Please take your negative energy and put it into something constructive,” he added. “Please….What’s understood should never have to be said. I LOVE EVERYBODY…..ONCE AGAIN EVERYBODY. If you choose to not believe me then that’s on you….Have a beautiful day.”

The controversial tweets were posted between 2009 and 2011.

Watch Kevin‘s video below.

Kevin Hart is Hosting the 2019 Oscars Ceremony!

UPDATE: It’s official – Kevin is hosting the show!!!
__________

Kevin Hart is in talks with the Academy to host the 2019 Oscars, according to THR!

The 39-year-old actor would be hosting the show for the first time if the deal goes through. He has publicly said that he’d love the gig.

“That would be a major accomplishment. With what I’ve done and the progress I’ve made in my career, that’s definitely the next major step, I feel, for a comedian,” Kevin said on Live! With Kelly & Michael in 2015.

Kevin previously hosted the MTV Movie Awards with Dwayne Johnson.

The Academy has promised that the 2019 ceremony will not run over three hours and six to eight categories will not be announced during the televised portion of the evening.