Lisa Lopes' Death: Now on Video

Lisa Lopes' Death: Now on Video
  • Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes‘ tragic death caught on camera.
  • Svedka Vodka is Lindsay Lohan‘s new sponsor.
  • Sharon Stone flaunts her bikini body.
  • Victoria’s Secret model Karolina Kurkova gets jiggly with it.
  • Looks like Lindsay Lohan be cheating on playboy Calum Best. Two can play at that game!
  • Adam Levine, why you gotta look so sexy?
  • Mischa Barton gets her joint on.
  • Hell’s Kitchen chef contestant found dead!!
  • Death Proof is a hit at Cannes!
  • Who’s getting the boot on Grey’s Anatomy?
  • Celebrities have been fringing out.
  • Rose McGowan‘s public affair with Grindhouse director Robert Rodriguez
  • Two-time Olympic gold medalist Apolo Anton Ohno won Dancing With the Stars Tuesday night. The speed skater and his partner, Julianne Hough, beat out former ‘N Sync star Joey Fatone to win the ABC dance-off’s mirror-ball trophy.
  • Oprah Winfrey’s father yesterday told TVGuide.com that his book is on hold. The news comes a day after the Daily News reported that Oprah was “shocked” and “disappointed” to hear he was writing a book about her.
  • Prince is getting paid $3 million to play 7 consecutive Friday gigs, beginning June 15, at the Hollywood Roosevelt.
  • At the annual AmFAR benefit tonight, one of the lots Sharon Stone will auction off is a walk-on role in Terminator 4.

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
angelinammm @ 05/23/2007 at 2:45 pm

that video is scary

[eclec-tic] @ 05/23/2007 at 2:46 pm

at first I was happy to see a black face on a thread, but after watching the video I wish I didnt.

the video about lisa lopez is horrible (i didn’t watch it and don’t want) and i think it’s a shame that jj
you are promoting it.

theoriginalbitch @ 05/23/2007 at 2:56 pm

Posting someone’s death as though its entertainment is utterly disrespectful, crass and vulgar. For all the bloggers who’ve decided that its cool to do so just remember, karma is a *****!

Yeah very bad taste to be posting that, not news but pure sadness

CosmicRadiation @ 05/23/2007 at 3:24 pm

I don’t want to watch that. Can someone describe what happens?

This scene was part of VH1′s rock docs. Her family released the documentary so therefore if you are offended blame her family for releasing it. There was more footage but the family thought that her swerving off the road was enough. If you saw the documentary it is a beautiful look at her life and eerie at the same time. She was stating that a spirit was chasing her and a few weeks or days before her death she was involved in an accident with a little boy who coincedentaly had her same last name and she believed the spirit killed him by accident. Some ppl are saying this documentary was a suicide note and insinuating that she did it on purpose, some believe she swerved because she saw the little boy infront of the car. One newspaper said there was a truck in front , we don’t see what caused her to swerve. She was a complicated person who had been through so much and she has said herself that if you’re gonna do it do it all the way so Im sure she would have wanted her last moments to be seen. She got to tell her story in her own words with this documentary. She was a beautiful soul and it’ a shame when anyone who has a lot to offer the world leaves so young.

I watched the documentary on vh1 and I really had no idea that they were going to show that footage at the end. I really wish they didn’t show it. It was really unexpected and it was just so eerie and upsetting, it was just truly unsettling. The fact that the clip is all over youtube is troubling too – people are just going to look at it over and over again like its entertainment and it really is not – Lisa was a human being and she was a beautiful person inside and out.

And it sucks that people are going to be sharing that clip with their friends pointing their finger and pinpointing everything that happened in that 1 minute clip. Thats a person’s life people are looking at and I swear footage like that desensitizes human life. Watching something like that over and over again makes it feel less real. It’s like people will become used to seeing it and then people will end up making a joke out of it because they don’t want to deal with the fact that they watched a person die. It becomes a joke where people can just sit and point at.

Oh and trust me I saw the documentary once, and I am not planning to watch the ending or any internet clip that shows the footage of Lisa driving before she actually died. One time is enough for me.

Irishgirl @ 05/23/2007 at 4:31 pm

Wish I hadn’t watched that video footage. It was very upsetting. Can’t believe it’s all over the internet. Lisa was so young, beautiful and talented. So tragic what happened. Hard to believe that 5 years have passed.

R.I.P Lisa.

I have not watched the video and I will not. Please edit it off your blog JJ!

I meant edit the link, please.

I totally agree with # 8 | Anna @ 05.23.2007 4:29 pm!!! I refuse to watch this clip! And as La Jolie stated, please JJ, take this off your blog! This is NOT entertainment here!!! I have come to respect most of what I see on this site, but this is absolutely disgusting!

#7, I had no clue about the little boy. How sad and creepy at the same time. I got chills watching the video.

chasingskirts @ 05/25/2007 at 8:48 pm

I have to agree with everyone else, the link needs to be taken down.

Can you imagine if the tape of the death of someone you knew was posted all over the place?

I don’t understand people criticizing things they haven’t even seen. As other posters pointed out, it’s part of a documentary and her family released the footage. I saw the documentary yesterday and it was a touching, insightful look into Lisa’s life. The clip of her swerving lasts for mere seconds and while it is deeply upsetting to know that she died from that incident, I think Lisa was searching for honesty in her life and trying to share things about herself and that she might have wanted it that way. The documentary is definitely worth seeing in its entirety; I really have new respect for Lisa after seeing this film.

bubblesroc156 @ 05/28/2007 at 9:00 pm

after watchin this i am devisated i really dont understand why its evan on here!!

just to let the people who haven’t watched the video if u don’t like 2 c deaths don’t because i can’t believe she would do that!!!!!She wasn’t in the mind of her own but if she was dat was her decision but now after just watching the video and the documentary on VH1 i understand wat she went through a lil!!!!

I LOVE HER AND MISS HER TO DEATH!!!!

she was very specail to all and i will truely miss her!

and she was my favorite singer but now i can’t even hear her sing but she’s in a better place.

RIP LISA “LEFT EYE” LOPES

Yolanda Gilberry @ 06/02/2007 at 7:12 pm

The video of Lisa was extremely shocking at the end. It was totally unexpected to see her die at the end of the documentary. I feel Lisa wanted her documentary to be released, and this is the main reason why she filmed it. Her family released the documentary, just as Lisa would have wanted them to. My heart goes out to Lisa’s family.

I think that the video is being overreacted I’m actually glad to see not becuz we lost another angel but to get a better understanding of what actually happened during the accident, and how speeding can not only affect other lives but can put urs at risk too. So I think everyone should look at it as a wake up call to drive safely.

I saw the documentary of Lisa Lopez today. Though I do not like to see death and things of that matter, I found the last days of her life to be very peaceful and calm. The actual footage of the accident was shown with respect to her and her family. Afterall, it was her family that was in control of how much VH1 could and should show. I thought it was touching to see and hear of her struggles, triumphs, and near the end, her peace and understanding of the need for her own personal transformation (though she did not know or understand how eery her words would be after her death.) She was a very talented singer, but more than that- the documentary shows how real she was. The documentary is a treasure and gift for her family and close friends to have forever. How kind they were to let her fans and others see her tender and vunerable side.

Rest in peace Lisa & God Bless her family.

I was also surprised by the ending. I also think that that the link should be taken off. Although, I don’t that the it should be taken off the documentary, I just think isolating just that particular event is kind of making it appear to be a product of entertainment, unlike better understanding of her life and closure to all the questions about the accident that killed her. It’s kind of scary that she sort of predicted her death. I never really thought of celebs being just a typical individual who also experiences struggles within their self. I have respect for Lisa, because she was a very strong, intelligent, and now inspiration person. I think it God told her to make the documentary, so that people like you and me can learn to appreciate life, your family, your friend; and to teach us that everyone has struggles no one lives a perfect life not even superstars.

“I hope you Rest In Peace Forever”

Thank you for reminding me to be humble and grateful the life God has given me.
Amen

I watched the documentary and I think that it was very good. I didn’t expect the ending to end like that but since it did then it did. Everybody wanted to know how her last days were and that was part of her last days video. But the strange thing is how she predicted her death and how the little boy that was killed had the same last name as her. That was a sign and her feeling a spirit behind her every move was also a sign.

*REST N PEACE “LEFT EYE”
I’m going to always love you and truly miss you

I think that some people need to stop tripping!
This is footage of Left Eyes death! Her biggest fans are wondering how did she died, this is clearance! This isn’t being promoted in a bad way or being used as entertainment! How would the death of a person that(everyone may not have known, but loved) was so ginuine be entertainment? I couldn’t see The Devil himself seeing this video as entertainment!
Yes, you get chills or get a bad feeling or don’t like the look of this video, but it’s the death of a special person, who wouldn’t, but you guys are looking at this video in the wrong way!
Look at it and be amazed that you were able to see her before her tragic death!
Not very many people get to see their loved one before they pass!
Be thankful that you get to see her!

Much Love!