Ashley Judd: Harvard's Newest Student

Ashley Judd: Harvard's Newest Student

Ashley Judd has enrolled in Harvard University‘s public policy and public administration school, her publicist tells The Harvard Crimson.

The 41-year-old actress will participate in at Harvard Kennedy School’s Mid-Career Master in Public Administration (MC/MPA) program, which often attracts public officials and non-profit activists.

Ashley, 41, is active in humanitarian and political causes. She has testified about the need to fund measures to safeguard natural resources and is a Global Ambassador for YouthAIDS, which promotes AIDS prevention and treatment.

Charley Gallay/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

not only beautiful but smart too:)

Good for her. It’s never too late to go to school, IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT. Most college students today will graduate with approximately $100,000 in college loans, and I’m low-balling the estimate. Also, I’m talking about public universities, not private schools. Ridiculous.

whatever! @ 08/06/2009 at 2:03 am

this is BS….do you actually think she had to go the tough admin process…ya right. People spend years trying to get into harvard- didnt know making a phone call could get you into harvard…must be nice.

Mythical Creature @ 08/06/2009 at 2:45 am

@Lalique: I feel ya! But ya gotta make it happen anyway you need to ….I’m waiting for some of those political promises to start coming through…

Hey – shouldn’t she be concentrating on having kids at her age, rather than going back to school? What a loooooooooooooser.

Mythical Creature @ 08/06/2009 at 2:50 am

@taurus: Heck no. You can go back to school at anytime for any reason. Tons of mothers return to college for advanced degrees and so forth. And if she doesn’t want kids then it’s best not to have them. I love being a mother, it’s the best thing I ever did or will ever do. But it’s not for everyone and if you really love kids then you absolutely think it’s cool when someone who doesn’t really want them doesn’t have them.

Ashley for Abortion @ 08/06/2009 at 3:23 am

Interesting that so-called “humanitarians” are also pro-abortion.

Humanitarian = Hypocrite

I hate it how celebrities just get accepted into ivies without them having the grades or standardized test scores…DID SHE EVEN TAKE THE GRE TO GET ACCEPTED? i bet she didnt.

Great for her. She seems like a well-informed, compassionate individual. It’s certainly never too late to go back to school and further study your passions.

It’s not hard to believe she got into a Masters program more or less on her own. She HAS done a lot that would look impressive to any school. Since she’s been out of school for so long, at this point, I don’t think her academic record really matters. Although I’m sure her fame and pedigree help, she is by no means unqualified.

Also, the people here who have a problem with humanitarian work should go back to their sheltered lives where the world is perfect. I can’t imagine how promoting aids prevention and treatment is a bad thing.

Not impressed by JA @ 08/06/2009 at 4:58 am

Congrats to her. Knowledge and learning is always a good move on the right track !

Scruffy Puffy @ 08/06/2009 at 5:42 am

she is an ARROGANT DIVA BITCHHHH and now will be even more OBNOXIOUS in her superior attitude – inside knowledge.
she probably doesn’t even have to do the regular course, what a PHUCKWAD the JUDDS ARE SOOO PHONEY, THE SISTER AND MOTHER TOO!

I love seeing beautiful, talented and smart women on this board!!!

Judd tried and couldn’t get into Ivy League universities after high school. She settled on University of Kentucky and didn’t graduate. Now she miraculously gets accepted to Harvard and takes the place of somebody who deserves this opportunity. Must be nice to be a celebrity.

She always looks so puffy and bloated

Hey good on her. It can never be a bad thing to study at any stage in life. Having children or not is a choice – not having them makes her a strong individual who knows what is right for her she has been honest about it and hasn’t bowed to pressure. Humanitarian is also a wonderful, wonderful thing to be considering she is rich and famous and could just spend her time and money on herself her career and invest it purely in narcissm like plenty of dimwit celebrities do.

My boyfriend always calls Ashley Judd the poor man’s Bridget Moynahan.

She did a lot of campaigning for Obama and is now hoping that Obama will throw her a bone so she wants to be prepared by getting a fancy education. She majored in French at the University of Kentucky and has a huge chip on her shoulder. She likes to use a lot of them big words she looks up in the dictionary to sound intellectual. Just like those people we all love that have a Word of the Day Calendar and insist in misusing the words in a sentence.

I love Ashley Judd. She’s so beautiful and intelligent. I just love her !

And I absolutely HATE people who assume stuff. “I bet she didn’t get tested”, “I bet she just used a phone call to enter Harvard”. Well how the H ELL do you know that ? Do you work at Harvard ? You hate a person just because you assume she got a favor. Wow. How stupid you guys are !

She is going back to school because she wants to enhance her humanitarian status and intellect. While I strongly disagree with her pro-abortion stance, she is one of those celebrities that involve herself in humanitarian projects for the love it as opposed to the PR it brings her. NOtice you never see staged PR

she’s looking more and more like her mother

#8
Dimwit! It’s all about twisting and turning the language for you anti-choice people out there, isn’t it?
I can assure you that Ashley Judd is not pro-abortion or anti-life.
She, like a lot of us, is pro-choice which means that we don’t try to shove our belief system down anybody’s throats. You do what you want—–and I’ll do what I want.
Choice —–that is what that is called!

gravity is working itself on her face, ew. she should go under the knife a bit. just a little would help her alot.

Congrats to her! That’s huge!

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All