'Real Steel' Tops Box Office

'Real Steel' Tops Box Office

Hugh Jackman‘s Real Steel took the top spot at the box office this weekend, bringing in $27.3 million domestically and an estimated $49.4 million in worldwide ticket sales!

The film had strong showings in Australia, Russia, and Mexico, Variety reports.

George Clooney and Ryan Gosling‘s The Ides of March came in second place, with $10.4 million in ticket sales.

Third place went to Morgan Freeman‘s family film Dolphin Tale, with $9.2 million, followed by Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill‘s Moneyball, with $7.5 million.

WHAT DID YOU SEE at the movies this weekend?

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Busy 1 hour , now i want to go with my sister to walk out she want that.

Zac Heffron @ 10/09/2011 at 5:35 pm

I would have liked to see ‘Dirty Girl’ and ‘The Way’ get a nationwide release. They both have interesting casts (‘Dirty Girl’ – Juno Temple, Milla Jovovich, William H. Macy, Mary Steenburgen, Dwight Yoakam) (‘The Way’ – Martin Sheen, Emilio Estevez, Deborah Kara Unger, James Nesbitt, Tchéky Karyo) with some stars who should be doing more mainstream movies. It would have been interesting to see how they would have done commercially if released nationwide and they deserve better than to go unnoticed by the public now.

Sheldon Ashcroft @ 10/09/2011 at 5:36 pm

Being a film about politics, The Ides of March is a very important movie. Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp should be doing films like this.

loser ALERT! @ 10/09/2011 at 5:37 pm

Great love him!

After Lost began, I thought the gorgeous and talented Evangeline Lilly had a promising career ahead of her and would become a bigger star but she has done so little in the last seven years. I hope she’ll do more mainstream movies from now on and have a career renaissance with Real Steel and The Hobbit films. It’s an exceptional performance by her in Real Steel, just wonderful.

I would have thought by now people would be sick of seeing these type of movies.

Good for Jackman he needs a hit outside of X men

the ides of march was so good. ryan gosling was smokin’ in the movie!!!

bobbyweiner @ 10/09/2011 at 6:24 pm

@Sheldon Ashcroft: Those actors have sold out…i prefer their earlier work

bobbyweiner @ 10/09/2011 at 6:26 pm

@Maguire: you plaster that all over the web, are you her agent?

Idles of March brought in only 10 million, that must be a disappointment for the studio/

The80sRule @ 10/09/2011 at 6:42 pm

And another movie by Clooney disappoints @ the box office, big surprise! so can someone please tell me again why he’s a Hollywood star when his movies consistently do lousy at the theatres? The guy is a poor box office draw

Real Steel is AWESOME !, it is worth the money, go see it

nice movie…!@@@

I saw the movie with my kuds today. They loved it, I survived it somehow…

I saw the movie today with my kids. They loved it, I survived it somehow…too violent.

real steel was the best movie I´ve ever seen in years!!! Hugh and Dakota were amazing!! Such a sweet , funny and cool story!!!!

Ryan Bombsling