Gerard Butler: Street League Charity Soccer Training!

Gerard Butler: Street League Charity Soccer Training!

Gerard Butler hits the soccer field for the Street League charity training session on Friday (December 14) in South London, England.

The 43-year-old Scottish actor came out to support the charity which helps to change the lives of disadvantaged young people through the power of the sport.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Gerard is currently in town promoting his latest flick Playing for Keeps. The previous evening, Gerard attended a special screening for the flick in London.

Playing for Keeps is currently in theaters in the US, and will be released in the UK on January 1!

gerard butler street league charity soccer training 01
gerard butler street league charity soccer training 02
gerard butler street league charity soccer training 03
gerard butler street league charity soccer training 04
gerard butler street league charity soccer training 05

1,719 Comments

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 969 » Show All

Thanks for the chat today, have a good evening to all.

GB, his footie allegiances and even MG pale in comparison to the horror in Connecticut. THE WORLD HAS MORE TO WORRY ABOUT THAN gb. You wouldn’t know it reading here. What has brought on all this hideious violence? Any thoughts? Is it all the mindless violence in films and TV? Are young people so immersed in violence, it doesn’t seem real?

angelsrock @ 12/14/2012 at 9:24 pm

@thanks for restoring my faith:

I was watching that video from the One Show through my fingers, expecting the worst. Not so . It was typical Gerry. I am busy wrapping so I didn’t even finish the video. But half way through and not even close to a train wreck as I was expecting from the tweets and remarks. If that is true about the soccer banter using zombies than many Glaswegians will get it.

bitter blue pill @ 12/14/2012 at 9:24 pm

No kidding. Too sad to care very much about anything trivial.

@huh: OK, I know I said I wouldn’t post again until 2013. But i’ve been glued to CNN today, and I started to wonder what posters on JJ were thinking on the events of the day. I don’t see much. I know this is a celebrity gossip board, but there are things that transcend celeb gossip. I think we should all send out prayers for the parents of those poor little kids.

angelsrock @ 12/14/2012 at 9:32 pm

@huh:

It is so so sad and such an enigma. Why would a young man do something like this? We probably will never know. I hate guns, just hate them. And there is no reason for civilians to have such a horrific weapon like this one. I can’t imagine the pain those families are feeling tonight. I wish we had answers for these poor families. Killing little innocent babies like that, my heart aches.

@huh

I agree. I thought I’d come here to take my mind off of the terrible news but… I just got really angry at the self importance of these inconsequential morons. The games he and his girlfriend play with the photographers. He doesn’t want anybody to see her but has no problem mentioning her when it might get him some extra press. His vile attitude towards women and his willingness to use people (see charity pics) in his sad attempts at pr… Ugh, he and his girlfriend are both disgusting narcissists.

When I think about the things that are really important, like the terrible tragedy that happened today, it just reminds me of what shallow, plastic idiots these two are.

He wants his privacy? He can have it. I refuse to give two effs what these idiots do in future and you can bet that I will never spend a dime on anything that either one of them is promoting.

There are better people out there who deserve my interest, support and respect.

For Christmas, let’s give them what they say they want and let them disappear.

That’s 3 positive comments, alrighty then.

This is a gossip thread about Gerard Butler. That’s why people aren’t talking about the shooting here. We’re talking about the shooting on news forums — where the discussion belongs. If you try and turn this into a Connecticut thread, guess what will happen? Some will blame Obama, some will blame Bush, and the whole thread will erupt into political mud slinging and the thread will go right into the ditch. That’s why some of us have learned to keep those types of discussions to the appropriate forums, not on celebrity gossip threads. If you don’t want to talk about GB, fair enough, then don’t be on a thread about GB. CNN and all the major news networks have some great blogs and forums where discussion about the shootings is taking place right now. I’ll see you there!

@Ms Cleo: You just don’t get it, do you?. Posts like yours just show what “shallow” ids care about. You are more caught up in dissing gerry than in what’s wrong with the world,

Saw it. He did looked like he had a few to many drinks and wasn’t paying attention, like the harmless slightly inebriated  man in the corner who everyone is very patronising towards. He made a silly joke about zombies in Scotland,  and joked that he didn’t like the taste of the food another guest had cooked – but he did say he was joking. Basically, he just looked like a harmless, befuddled, tipsy, baffoon, who was oblivious that he was irritating everyone. Was it professional? No.  Will it harm his image? Absolutely.  Have I seen people behave worse on TV? Again absolutely. Would I say he’s in a mess?  Hell, yeah.  I see a  deja vu rehab moment coming up for GB

Gerry, I saw your mental breakdown on The One Show. There is a good reason why your mum refused to attend your bullshit premiere..

Ditch your enablers and go back to rehab before it’s too late. You are a mess.

SouthernBelle @ 12/14/2012 at 10:07 pm

@JMO:

Well said, thank you.

@JMO: Are you talking to me? I said some things transcend celebrity gossip.We have as much right as anyone to discuss the news of the day. I remember when the revolution was going on in Egypt, some of the most interesting posts were recorded here. Sukar was from Egypt and helped us understand the situation. And by the way, I LOVE to talk about Butler.But I don’t have tunnel vision. Bringing the convo back to GB, have some of his films been too violent?

Homeschooling is beginning to look like an option.

Unbelievable! @ 12/14/2012 at 10:44 pm

What the F**k is wrong with you people!!! I just watched the video and you all that are saying he is high & on drugs and offensive are just plain CRAZY! There was nothing wrong with this interview at all. Just Gerry being silly and cute as usual. He was NOT drunk or on drugs and the comments he made were not offensive, you just don’t understand his sense of humor, that’s all. That’s not his problem, it’s yours! Those of you who don’t like him are just looking for things and putting your own negative spin on what you see and hear. I don’t care for Madalina and I don’t like him ***************** or swearing but this interview was just fine.He looked great and acted according to the silly tone of the show and the hosts and guests.. There is something very sick about people who waste time continually degrading someone you don’t like. Get the hell over it and move on.l

Bringing the convo back to GB, have some of his films been too violent?
Yes, I think that HTTYD was grounds for animal abuse charges as well as child abuse…forcing a child to kill unsuspecting dragons was heinous. Feel the same about the poor camel.

@Unbelievable!:

Anger management problems, Petunia?

look on the bright side @ 12/14/2012 at 11:02 pm

Just rented Ted, made PFK look Oscar worthy.

Unbelievable! @ 12/14/2012 at 11:05 pm

@Gee Whiz:

Yes, I have serious anger issues at stupid people making stupid comments that aren’t based on any degree of the truth! People who continually see things that aren’t there.

@Unbelievable!: Good post! Also, Gerry has been supporting the Street League for some time now. But nobody noticed or cared. The one time it is mentioned is in conjunction with his movie and he takes flak on that too for publicity. Well maybe it’s time he got some and they will glean more supporters for the football team. Go Gerry!
BTW, saw PFKs and loved it.

bitter blue pill @ 12/14/2012 at 11:12 pm

I’ll probably catch the move in a couple of weeks if it’s still there. Got The Hobbit on Sunday and the Le Mis!

Snow Flakes @ 12/14/2012 at 11:12 pm

I watched the video twice and thought he was fine. It seemed that fluffy thing he was sitting on was slippery and he would try to sit back and he would slide forward in it. I thought his accent seemed to be stronger, maybe the british accent brought that out. If anything he may have been a little more hyper—red bull use. He only said one cuss word which was great. Over all I don’t know what all the fuss was.

Snow Flakes @ 12/14/2012 at 11:16 pm

@Hello:

I saw PFK also and really thought it was good. I don;t know why the critics were so harsh towards it. It had some comedy but al lot of sincerety. If the critics would have seen it they would have made a better report about it.

@Unbelievable!:

People’s seeing things differently than you doesn’t make them stupid. It also doesn’t mean that they’re making up things that aren’t there. It merely means that perceptions differ. You need to grow up and learn a little tolerance. Considering the mood of the US today, no one needs your belligerence because someone interprets something differently than you. There is enough mean spiritedness in the world. It’s not necessary to bring it here, to something that’s little more than a diversion.

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 969 » Show All